Chapter 23

(Garroth)

They only kept us overnight, they wanted to waste our time like we wasted theirs. They asked stupid questions and they knew how annoying it was.

Finally the police officers let us out. Aphmau had come to pick us up because Laurence insisted.

"Hiya jailbirds" she laughed leaning on her car, "I was about to come in to get you"

"We're here now, let's go" Dante announced and got in the front seat. Leaving me to sit in the back, alone.

We got in the car and Aphmau turned on the radio, it played some music and we drove away, none of us saying a word.

Aphmau dropped Dante off, thanks to the directions he gave, she arrived there no problem. Then we drove to my house and she pulled into the driveway.

"Wanna come in?" I invited. She looked like she was having an internal debate and then she shrugged.

"I dunno, should I?"

"Come on, I wanna talk to you"

"About...?"

"Just a normal conversation, we don't have enough of those"

"We talk all the time, maybe I'm sick of you"

"Well get ready to puke, I'm gonna talk your ear off"

She rolled her eyes playfully and turned off her car. I silently cheered for the small success. We got inside and I went straight to the kitchen.

"Want anything to drink?"

"Uh, what do you have?"

"Let's see...water, milk, beer, juice, lemonade, cola, and some random smoothie Laurence put in here"

"Lemonade please"

I poured two glasses and guided Aphmau to the back deck. We sat on some lawn chairs facing each other.

"Remind me to bring my bathing suit next time I'm here" she said gesturing towards the pool. I chuckled to myself and nodded.

"You're free to come by anytime"

"I know, but I do have a job. Not to mention Donna and I spend a whole day together once a week" she mentioned, "speaking of my job, I have to go to a convention in a little while"

"How soon?"

"A couple months"

"That's not too soon"

"Yeah but I have to make sure I don't forget"

"What is this convention?"

"It's a thing where youtubers meet up and talk to their fans basically"

"Sounds fun, can I come?"

"You'd raise quite a commotion...."

"Right, so where is this convention?"