Chapter 16

(Azura)

I woke up feeling cold. I opened my eyes and saw a head of black hair. I suddenly realised why I'm cold.

I'm naked

I had a one night stand. I don't even know this guys name, but either way it was fun while it lasted.

I put on last night's dress and pulled out a notepad and pencil from my bag.

Hey, last night was fun, I should be going now. Bye!

I left the note on a table and snuck out of the house.

Ugh, darn it, left my car at the bar

I walked to the bar and there sat parked my little Volkswagen. I got in the front seat, and as I was buckling my seat belt, I heard someone knocking on my window. I jumped and turned to look. And there he was, staring me down with an expression that was obviously angry.

Garroth was glaring through the glass. I smiled and waved.

"H-hi babe" I nervously laughed while rolling down the window.

"Azura. Would you like to explain the situation?" He asked, obviously patronizing me

"U-uh...y-you see....uh...well...y-you see, funny story. I-I was drinking and a-a guy saw me passed out! S-so he had me s-stay the night and told me I passed out! Yeah! That's what happened! An-"

Garroth rolled his eyes.

"Enough! I'm sick of these lies! Now tell me the truth, were you, or were you not, sleeping with a guy who you've never met last night?"

"I-I was, but-"

"You cheated on me again?!"

"Yes, but I was drunk and-"

"I. Don't. Care. How drunk you were! Azura this is the fourth time! I'm. So. Sick of this!! We are through! And if you ever show your face around me again, I will not hesitate to file for a restraining order!"

"I LOVE YOU!!!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

I can't lose him! It'll reck my reputation! And I don't get the publicity! And how will I get into clubs for free?!

"Stop lying!" He yelled, "goodbye"

Garroth left, leaving me looking like a hot mess.

I lost him....

(Garroth)

I had gotten a text from Dante telling me he saw Azura's car at the bar early in the morning.

Just like the second time I caught her cheating on me

So I decided to check it out. Sure enough, Azura was speed walking down a street in a cocktail dress, makeup a mess, and heels dangling from her hands.

And I broke up with her. For the fourth time.

I slammed the front door as I entered my house. Laurence and Aphmau were playing video games and looked at me, concern in their eyes.

"Bro-"

I didn't let Laurence finish, I ran into my room and buried my face in my pillows.

I heard a gentle knock on my open door and I pressed my face further into my pillow.

"Go away Laurence, I'm not talking"

I felt Laurence sit on my bed and I still didn't talk.

"It's not Laurence" it was Aphmau. Her voice was gentle and soothing, like a mother's voice when she cares for her child.

I reluctantly looked from my pillow and saw Aphmau looking at me, and for the first time, it wasn't an annoyed stare, or an angered glare, she looked...concerned

"A-Aphmau?"

"I don't know what's wrong, but I'm here if you wanna talk" she offered me a smile, and I sat up.

She sat in between my legs and started to wipe my tears away. She cupped my blushing face and looked sincerely into my eyes.

"So you wanna talk?"

"A-Azura cheated on me...again" I whispered. And out of nowhere, two arms were wrapped around my neck. I was shocked at first, but hugged Aphmau back. I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

"Garroth, I'm sorry. But your friends tried to warn you..."
"I-I know...but I wanted them to be wrong...I really did..."

My tears fell faster as Aphmau sighed and comforted me.

"Well she didn't deserve you. You're kind, loving, passionate, caring, generous, all things she lacked immensely"

Each word surprised me more and more. Not only was Aphmau comforting me, she was complimenting me.

"People normally would just tell you 'it'll be okay' and it will, but that doesn't fix a broken heart. Broken hearts aren't something you can fix easily, they need time. And I can understand how long it can take, and sometimes the wounds that person leaves never heal"

I pulled away but kept my arms around her. She smiled sadly and wiped the last bit of tears away.

"Any better?" She questioned.

"A little" my voice was raw, and my eyes hurt from the tears.

"Good, cause complimenting you is weird" she teased and I let out a small chuckle.

"Gee, thanks"

"No problem"

"You can go back to Laurence, he'd probably get mad that you're up here with me..."

"First of all, Laurence told me to come up here. Secondly, he went out because Zenix called saying it was an emergency"

"Oh, so you're all mine for the day?" I asked with a playful smirk.

"I guess" she sighed dramatically, "but I won't be here all day. Donna called me saying she wanted to hang out today"

"Fine"

Aphmau dragged me downstairs and made me watch stupid movies. They were horrible. No good actors, and ridiculous story lines. But I needed it.

Aphmau is really something else.

A/N This ones kind of shorter than the others, usually I make it to 1000 words or more. But this one's just a little over 900, anyways, numbers aren't important. So the next part will definitely be interesting, trust me. And you know it will be, cause i'm insanely excited for it. I love you all devils. Byeeee.