6. Game time

Song

Gavin Degraw - I don't wanna be.

Albert Camus once wrote, "Blessed are the hearts that can bend, for they shall never be broken." But I wonder, if there's no breaking, then there's no healing. And if there's no healing, then there's no learning. And if there's no learning, then there's no struggle. But struggle is a part of life. So must all hearts be broken?"

-one tree hill

***

We walk towards a different side away from the crowd lined up, towards the same people I met when I checked in, Jessica's friends. They are talking and smoking with their arms wrapped around the girls. I notice two guys have tattoos on their arms while the guy that saw me naked leans against a rail observing like a king overseeing his court.

     Reid leads me towards them and I notice their eyes on me. I wrap my arms around myself, head down, walking faster. Reid comes to an abrupt stop and I crash into him not seeing him stop losing stability and falling onto the body of the guy who saw me naked.

He holds unto me with one hand, cigarette in the other.

"Falling for me already?" He says.

I momentarily lose focus staring at his deep blue eyes like an ocean that I was currently drowning in. His thumb grazes my chin and I jump up, coming to my senses as a loud laughter resounds from the group.

I dust my pants and sneak a peak at the guy whose name I still don't know, his eyes darken but he quickly masks it with a bored expression. His voice and lips hold no smell or darkness from cigarettes, making me wonder if the cigarette is his.

"I was worried you wouldn't come" Jess says and pauses.

"What are you wearing?" She says and everyone's attention turns to me as they all give me a good look. I wrap my arms around my self and bite my lips.

"Clothes?" I say and the guys with the exception of nameless guy all laugh out loud.

"Forget it, I'm just glad you came " Jess says pulling me next to her and intertwining our hands.

"Meet Hera, my roommate" Jessica says and the girls smile at me, while the guys all look at me and glance at the nameless guy before saying,

"It's nice meeting you"

"Hera, meet Lucas" Jess says pointing to the grey haired hot guy who seems to be looking at me like I was an experiment he was about to research on.

He smiles and salutes with two fingers.

"Zane" She says pointing to a blonde who was extremely tall, and cute enough to make the girls hearts flutter. He had scattered short blonde hair that looked like someone had ruffled their hands through it, probably one of the girls.

"Mary Jane, my best friend" She says pointing to the beautiful black girl that looked like she just walked out of a Victoria secret fashion show,wearing a bra and the shortest shorts that ever existed, making me wonder why she bothered wearing them. She had gorgeous brown eyes and reminded me of my favorite YouTube vlogger, Nikki.

"Call me MJ" She says smiling as she wraps her hands around the waist of Zane as if marking her territory. I smile, I had no intention of stealing her boyfriend so she had no need to be so protective over her territory. I suck in my lips with my teeth.

"I'm Karen and I hate your outfit" The last girl says looking at me like I walked out of the trashcan.

Reid smacks her head and she glares at him.

"Forgive my twin, she's a little too blunt," Reid says smiling apologetically. I give a forced smile.

"I'm bored" Nameless guy says a bored expression on his face as he stands straight.

Well hello bored. I really didn't like him. Would it kill him to be nice?

"Let's go!" Karen shouts interlocking hands with Bored. Which was what I had decided to call him.

"Why are we not joining the line?" I ask Reid noticing we were going towards the entrance without joining the line.

"We're VIP, we don't wait in line" He says.

Something told me bored decided to pay for VIP so he doesn't stand in line. He looked just like someone who'd look down on standing in line.

"What?" Bored says stopping and looking at me. As everyone one else stops.

"Nothing" I say not liking his expression or the attention on me.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you that it's rude to stare?" He asks glaring at me.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you manners?" I want to reply but keep quiet. These people are not my friends, I'm new here and came here with a ride from them, making enemies is not a smart decision. Plus I didn't have the courage to either.

"Ok so how do we decide?" Jess asks.

"Decide what?" I ask Reid.

"We go in either doubles or singles or we always did, as we were uneven but you even us out, so teams it is" Reid replies.

"What?! Why?" I state getting worried, I didn't want to be teamed with someone who didn't like me. I actually didn't want to be teamed up with anyone but Jess and maybe Reid since he seemed nice.

"It's more fun that way" He says grinning.

"I pick Reid" Jess says pulling Reid to her side.

"Zane!" MJ calls out not separating her hands from him for even a second.

"Lucas!" Karen says before I can say his name.

The only person left is bored.

"Looks like you are stuck with Lexis" Reid says chuckling and the others join in laughing.

So that's his name, Lexis.

"The bad boy and the virgin the classic romance tale" Zane says and they all laugh.

I look at Jess in horror, did she tell them?

"I didn't say anything!" Jess says.

"So you are a virgin!"Karen says like virginity was a disease.

"Why did you bring her?" MJ asks "virgins only bring trouble with them,"

The guys all laugh. I didn't know what to do and felt uncomfortable so I bite my lips and hug myself tightly praying for the conversation to stop.

"Remember when you were one?" The guy named Lexis says and MJ shifts uncomfortably but stays silent.

"Nah I don't think we should let her go in with Lexis, what if she goes in and returns disvirgined?" Zane says.

"I choose wisely" Lexis says as the guys cheer.

"Are you planning on standing there all day?" Lexis asks looking at me like I was a fool. I didn't want to go in with him but no one wanted to go in with him not even Karen, I can't blame them, he had an awful character but now I had been handed everyone's problem.

"I'm coming" I say walking in behind him into what I was sure would be a hellish experience indeed.

***
Started my favorite all time show one tree hill again today and I got reminded of how much I miss Lucas and Peyton. Have you watched it? Who was your favorite?
Don't forget to vote :-)