17. define fun

"If you could go back and change just one thing about your life, would you? And if you did, would that change make your life better? Or would that change ultimately break your heart? Or break the heart of another? Would you choose an entirely different path? Or would you change just one thing? Just one moment. One moment that you always wanted back." - Lucas Scott
One tree hill

***
It's him? I didn't expect him to be the ride.

"You could have avoided the contact," I say.

"Now where's the fun in that?" He replies. I frown.

He lets go and his eyes rake over my body without being subtle about it.

"Are you attending a funeral?" He asks.

I ignore him. He walks to the drivers side of his car which I just noticed looked like a race car.

"Get in," He says.

I don't want to.

"I'll walk" I say.

"Suit yourself," He replies driving off.
I stand rooted to my spot. I really don't like him at times, one of those times being now.

Sighing I wonder if I should go back up and risk having to hear Jess make me change. Deciding against it, I walk to the stairs and seat down playing candy crush on my phone while waiting for Jess.

Too focused on the game I don't notice someone stand in front of me till a hand grabs my phone. I look up immediately scared and annoyed at the interruption but break into a smile as the sight of Reid.

He looks at my phone.

"Boring, thought you were watching some good porn," He says handing back my phone.

"Eww no!" I say cleaning my phone screen as if it got infected by his comment, he chuckles.

"You're cute," He says as i get up.

"Hera? What are you still doing here?" Jess asks coming down, she looks slightly mad. Why would she be mad? Because of Reid?

"Lexis abandoned her," Reid says chuckling.

"Probably due to that hideous dress," Jess says giving my dress a look that if looks could become scissors I was sure my dress would be in shreds. They both laugh.

"It's not funny!" I say.

"It is," Reid replies chuckling as we walk to his car.

"There's been a change of plans," He says as Jess steps into the passenger side and I enter the back.

"What changes?" Jess asks.

"There's a meeting tonight," He says as he starts the car.

Jess looks at me through the mirror and back at Reid as if passing on a hidden message. I sit up not missing the exchange.

"He said it's okay," Reid says and looks back at me.

"What meeting?" I ask thinking they had a faculty meeting to attend first.

"What do you think about racing Hera?" He asks.

"Racing? I used to race once, I even wanted to run in the olympics," I say proudly.

Reid and Jess both burst out laughing.

"What's funny?" I ask.

"You," Jess says shaking her head and looking at her makeup through the mirror.

"Let's rephrase the question," Reid says turning to look back at me, one hand on the stirring wheel.

"What do you think about attending your first street race?" He says eyes sparkling.

"Street...isn't that illegal?!" I say not wanting to attend any illegal events.

"Where's the fun in it being legal?" Jess asks giving Reid a high five as he drives off while I worry about what I'd gotten myself into.

***
Don't forget to vote :-)