76. No Mercy

Song : Man down - Rihanna

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live." One tree hill.
***
I shut my eyes and open it praying this is a dream but I know it's not. He found me. Jake found me. I quickly look around. I was no longer on the bus. We are on top of a roof. How did I get here? Did he plan on throwing me off the rooftop? Various thoughts cross my mind.

"For days I kept thinking, how do I find my little Hera, who'd have known all I needed to do was watch the news?" He says smiling.

          Lexis dad's event! I totally forgot about my being recorded and included in the revealed news clip. I bite my lip and quickly get up but sway feeling a sharp pain in my head. I place my hand on it.

"What..." I say and shake my head "What did you do to me?" I ask scared at the unknown of what may have been done to me.

"Why do you sound like you think I'd hurt you? Little Hera aren't you happy to see your dad?" He asks walking towards me. I retreat.

"You're not my dad," I say, my brain trying to formulate an escape route in the midst of its fears.

"I know I've been away for long but it's really me, your dad, daddy's back," He says stretching forth his hands walking towards me.

"You're not my dad!" I repeat wrapping my arms around myself as images from my past slip into my mind.

"Little Hera, I know you were still young when I left, but it's really me. For the past few years all daddy thought and dreamt of is his little Hera, I missed you so much," He says.

"Little Hera

Little Hera

Little Hera "

      The nickname that made me nauseous. The nickname I had grown to hate.The nickname that has long haunted my peace.

"Little Hera," He calls out as he walks closer. The nickname that brought it all back, the pain, the blood, the anger, the betrayal.

I place my hands over my ears.

"No, stop, Stop, STOP," I cry out as with every image that flashes before me I feel my chest constrain.

"Don't be scared of me, daddy loves you," He says reaching out to touch me.

"No...no you don't," I say shaking my head and retreating.

"Yes I do, no one loves you more than me," He says looking at me with hurtful eyes but I knew better, this was all an act. One that he derived great pleasure from putting on. One I had no intention of falling for.

"No...that's not true,you don't love me," I reply.

"I'm your father, if I don't love my daughter who will?" He asks walking towards me causing me to further retreat.

"A father doesn't abuse and try to kill his own child! You're a monster!" I cry out as he walks towards me making me to further retreat. I look back and notice I am almost at the tip of the roof. With my face turned, Jake takes the opportunity to grab onto my hands.

"Let me go," I scream trying to release my hands from his grasp.

"Hera, what's wrong with you?" He asks.

"Let me go I scream," Stepping on his toes with great force. He immediately lets go of me. I rush forward to look for an escape but feel a sharp pain from my head as my hair is jerked. My hands find their way to my hair as I am pulled back by my hair. Tears start falling from my eyes as I fall down, his hands still grasping unto my hair.