43. History Rewritten

Song : Enya - May it be (Lord of the rings soundtrack)

No 23 in teen fiction and over 80k reads!!!! I think I'm in love with you all! Lol

Today also marks the 2month anniversary of this book :)

"Sometimes people put up walls not to keep people away but to see who cares enough to tear those walls down.
- One tree hill
***
I hurry into the living room and walk to the window. Seeing the pizza boy I open the door, collect the pizza and sign the receipt.

"Goodness!" I say in shock. Lexis gave a tip of 100 dollars for a 20 dollar pizza!! I suddenly wanted to become a pizza girl.

Shutting the door. I walk into the kitchen and check for a napkin and plates. Finding some I take them with me to the living room. Lexis walks in.

"Come have some," I say smiling at him.
He walks over and joins me on the floor. Picking a slice of the pizza.

"Cheers," I say raising up my pizza.

"You're weird," He says smiling but raises his pizza up. Our pizzas come in contact with each other.

"To another year being added to your life," I say.

Lexis hands freeze but I hit his pizza with mine anyway in cheers. I don't want to say happy birthday because for now, it didn't feel right, yet I didn't want to ignore the fact that today was also his birthday.

"How...how did you know?" He asks.

"Aphrodite," I answer and he smirks.

"Your story was just so different from the real story," I say smiling.

"You know mythology?" He asks.

"Do I know mythology?! As the goddess Hera I take great offense to that question," I state and he laughs.

Lexis actually laughs!

It sounded like the trumpets calling us to heaven. I've never heard them but I am sure that's how they sounded. It was like my favorite bell, the one that rings to signal the end of school or my worst class. The best part of it was this laughter was honest, unreserved and from his heart.

"If we are to go by your theory then my dad is Zeus," Lexis says.

"How?" I ask confused on the relation.

"Alexander the great? Are you sure you know your mythology?" He says.

"No way!!! Oh my goodness," I start laughing hysterically.

Lexis sits smiling, observing me.

"Lexis...Alexander goodness it all makes sense now," I say laughing.

"That's why you're so authoritative, always in a fight and prideful," I say enjoying this conversation.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you," He says placing his hands against his chest and bowing his head in thanks. I shake my head in laughter.

"You're indeed incorrigible," I say.

"So considering Zeus may be my dad...and you're Hera...does that mean if we have sex it'd be incest?" He says smirking.

"Alexander!" I say throwing my pizza crust at him.

"Ouch," He says pretending to be hurt.

"So why were you named Hera?" He asks.

"My mum loved Greek mythology and her favorite goddess was Hera," I say.

"So your brothers and sisters are named Zeus, Demeter, hades ..." He starts.

"No," I say laughing.

"I am the only girl and my brothers are named James and Max, James you've actually met indirectly," I say shaking my head at the memory.

"How?" He asks.

"The day you left me in the streets and the day you came to grab a book from my room I was speaking to him," I say.

"OH..." He says sounding regretful and then breaks into a grin eyes shining as if he'd found a hidden gem.

"Your brother," He says and places his head against the couch laughing.

I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Awesome! Perfect actually!" He says.

I look at him suspiciously.

"So I'm guessing you and...James are really close?" He asks, I nod.

"I love him to bits," I say.

"You do realize Hera was also in love with Zeus her brother and even married him, right?" Lexis says.

"Ewww no!" I say using my hands to slap his arm.

"Clean thy mind Alexander," I say loving the sound of his full name against my lips and tongue.

He holds unto my hand and drags me onto him. My back against his chest. I move to make myself comfortable as he wraps his arms around me.

"Don't worry...I'll be sure to stop the incestuous bond and rewrite history," he says.

***

"Don't worry...I'll be sure to stop the incestuous bond and rewrite history"
Tahhhhhhh I love these two a little two much lol. Don't forget to vote :-)