14. Unwanted guest

Song :
Justin Bieber - sorry

***
I step into my once more empty room after classes backpack in hand and pause to take off my shoes.

Is it too late now to say... I pick up the call.

"Sorry" I say answering.

It was Thursday, three days since I told my brother I'd call him after my class and three days since I never did call him. The days had gone by fast with classes and running around, I was occupied and it slipped my mind. It was also three days since I last saw Nathan and Lexis since the orphanage incident. After he left, I found out that Lexis had a fifteen hour volunteer schedule at the orphanage but never saw it through hence why he was still there. He had two more weeks to complete the hours.

"You are gone for a few days and already forget your brother?" Jamie says.

"I'm truly sorry, school has been crazy being the first week and all," I say apolodeticall.

"How's school?" He asks.

"Better but I'm still trying to adapt," I say.

"It'll get better," He says and I nod.

"So what's up?" I ask.

"Made any friends?" He asks.

I sit up straight. He was trying to stall whatever he had to say. He never did that except it was something serious.

"James?" I say I only called him that when I was scared and worried.

"It's about him," He says and I teeter backwards. I hold the door to stabilize myself.

"He has a hearing coming up, in a month," He says in a serious tone. My grip on the phone tightens and my other hand wraps around my body. I stay silent.

"Mum says he won't get approved so don't worry," He says, his voice sounding confident but my heart and mind hearing the worry masked underneath.

"What...what...if he does?" I ask tightening the arm around my body.

"He won't," He says.

"I've got to go but don't worry ok? It's nothing serious," He says before cutting the phone abruptly as someone in the background calls to him.

I slide to the ground.

Please Lord.

***
Double update!
Was planning a different ending but you'll see that in the next chapter. A penny for your thoughts?
Don't forget to vote :-)