66. Mad Men

I can't voice this enough: PLEASE STOP GOING TO BEGINNING CHAPTERS TO POST SPOILERS.

Song: Stickwitu -The pussycat dolls ft avant.

***

Lexis and I turn to look at Helen, a what do you mean expression on our faces. Suddenly catching up on her meaning at the same time, I burst out in laughter while Lexis smiles.

"Oh no no you got it all wrong," I say wanting to correct her.

"No she didn't, what do you mean she got it wrong?" He says pulling me up and snaking his arms around my waist. Oh Lord he isn't about to lie to the woman is he?

"Meet my fiancée Hera Reynolds," He says. I raise an eyebrow at him but he ignores me purposely focusing on Helen who is beyond the moon with joy that you'd think she was the fiancée.

"Goodness, I have to get you an awesome gown for tonight and for the wedding, what type of gown would you like?" She asks.

Woah, hold up lady.

"Are those the gowns, you got for me?" I ask walking over not wanting to talk wedding gowns, she nods rushing over.

"Most of our gowns don't give a full covering, it's either it has an open back or front, or its sleeveless...though there's one I got, I don't know if you'll be okay with it though," She says searching through the pile and removing a red gown with black spots in abstract shapes.

"It's has elbow length sleeves but it has open cuts on it," She says.

I look at it and immediately love it.

"Can I try it?" I ask.

"Of course!" She says.

"Liz can you please show her the dress room?" She asks the associate.

"Wait, why a dress room? It's not like I haven't seen everything," Lexis says.

I use one foot to step on his toes.

"Ouch!" He says glaring at me, I smile and let out my tongue linking my arms with Liz.

"The dressing room please," I say smiling to myself as she leads me out.

I put it on and look in the mirror. It's beautiful. The gown is tight but not too tight, it flows to the floor with the back gathered at the waist flowing down like a train but what made it beautiful was how my scars seemed to unify with the dress looking like it was part of the design.

We return to the room where Helen gasps and Lexis grins.

"You're beautiful!" Helen says.

         My teeth move to my lips and Lexis tilts his head eyes widening as if daring me to do it. Realizing what I am doing, I quickly grind my teeth together.

"You look better naked," Lexis says grinning.
I smile because he didn't give the typical you're beautiful. He was trying to tell me how even without wearing such a beautiful tight fitting gown I still looked beautiful to him. Scars and all.

"What do you plan on doing to your hair?" Helen asks too excited.

"Pack it up," Liz the associate says and Helen nods in agreement.

"May I?" Lexis asks coming next to me. I raise my eyebrow in question.

He removes my head band and packs up my hair in a ponytail before tracing my neck line with his fingers down to my collar bone sending shivers down my spine.

"We'll take this," Lexis says to Helen handing her a card. Which she accepts leaving the room with Liz.

I look at the price tag.