23. Silence

Song: bigbang - let's not fall in love
"Let's not fall in love, we don't know each other very well yet
Actually, I'm a little scared, I'm sorry
Let's not make promises, you never know when tomorrow comes
But I really mean it when I say I like you"

I just started watching the fosters I'm on episode 3 but I love it so far! Has anyone watched it?
***
      The tears keep falling. It's amazing the effect and impact one person can have on your life the hold one person can have on your mind and emotions causing you to become weak. I was in pain, pain that he left, pain because I should have expected nothing less, pain that I never saw the signs or turned a blind eye each second we had a happy good moment together. I was scared scared that my heart was going to fall for him, scared of getting hurt. I want to hate him but I can't and it's driving me crazy. Why is he so complicated? Why did I allow myself open up my tightly locked heart to let him in even for a second only to experience being left behind.

I keep crying. Nathan hugs on tightly and then let's go as I calm down. He wipes the tears and leads me to his car. He lets me in. We drive off without saying anything to each other. I didn't want to talk and I was grateful for his silence. I needed to blank out. I can't allow myself fall for Lexis. He will always leave. He is trouble yet a part of me sees the part of him that needs healing and wants to heal him. But what happens when at the end of it all I'm the one needing healing?

He comes to stop in front of my residence hall.

"We are here," He says. I open my eyes and look at Greece hall.
I didn't want to go in. I didn't want to see Jess or my room, they all reminded me of him. I needed to barricade myself against feeling anything for him. I didn't even know this guy and yet he managed to crumble me in a matter of seconds. I was not ready to see his friends, Jess may be nice to me but she was more his friend than mine.

"I don't want to go in," I say.

Nathan purses his lips. He nods and drives off. I don't ask for our destination but shut my eyes.

A few minutes later I feel the car pull up and open my eyes. I look around. We are in front of a mansion with gardens around and a fountain by the side. The house was plain white.

"Where's this?" I ask.

"My home," Nathan answers smiling.

"Your parents?" I ask not wanting to face inquiries from them.

"They are out of town right now, come on," He says stepping out.

    I step out and follow him. He unlocks the door and we step in. It's dark but he doesn't turn on the light. He takes my hands and leads me down the corridor. He opens a door turns the light on and let's me in. It's beautiful. The queen size bed sat in the middle with silk sheets and a beautiful red seat by the side. It had a vanity table complete with a mirror, a flat screen t.v. and a fire place.

He must be rich. This place was crazy.

"The bathroom is to your right, make yourself at home, I'll give you a ride back to school tomorrow" He says.

I nod silently.

"Get some rest and don't think too much," He says squeezing my shoulder and walking out. He pauses and comes back.

"Can I have your phone?" He asks.

"What?"I reply confused.

"I'll give you my number," He says. I hand my phone over to him. He types in a number and calls his phone to get mine. He then hands the phone back to me.

"Call me if you need anything," He says, I nod.

"Good night Hera," He says giving me a peck on my forehead before walking out. He reminds me so much of Jamie. Jamie, he had been calling me and texting me. I knew he'd be worried out of his mind.

I'm fine I promise, talk tomorrow?

I type and send to him not expecting a reply. Jamie was like my other half, he always understood me and would understand this message meant I needed to be left alone for now. I let out a deep breathe and look around once more. I walk to the bed lay down shutting my eyes. Letting the weakness, pain and sadness sink me to the depth of sleep.

           I wake up the next day and take a shower in the bathroom equipped with everything I needed and dress up in my black gown.
I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in" I say.

"Miss, the master is waiting for you outside," The maid says. I quickly get up and follow her outside. The passage way was separated from the main house so I didn't get to see the home and it's wealth.

Nathan is seated in his car dancing to some music. I smile and step in.

"Morning" I say.

"It's back...your smile," He says, I chuckle.
We drive off. I wanted to ask what his parents did but didn't want to pry. Like a g6 comes on and I join him in singing it. We arrive at my hall a few minutes later with both of us laughing at how we ruined the lyrics to most of the songs that came up.

"Thank you," I say looking at him.

"Anytime," He replies smiling. I step out and shut the door. I walk in to the building and take the elevator upstairs a smile plastered on my face the memories of the previous night gone. I open my room door and stop in my tracks. In front of me is Lexis, eyes dark. Is that eyebags?

"Where the heck have you been?!" He shouts as the smile completely leaves my face.

***
Update! Don't forget to vote :-)