81. Tomorrow

Song: Fill me in - Craig David

***
     Why would Lexis invite them? Why, why, why? Is the question that has been rolling in my mind for the past hour since they left. After hanging out with me for a bit, the doctor requested they leave as visiting hours were over. After they left Jamie and I ignored each other. I was worried about my family staying at our home while Jamie was pretending to be hurt by my earlier comments.

"Jamie you can't be here," I say getting my thoughts together.

He ignores me.

"Jamie!" I call out but he ignores me.

"Ok, I'm sorry," I say.

"For what?" He asks not taking his attention away from the magazine he was pretending to be reading.

"For what I said earlier," I say.

He keeps reading.

"Jamie seriously?" I say.

He ignores me.

"Are you seriously still mad because I said I don't want you here?" I ask frustrated.

"Seriously? You think I'm mad because of that?" He asks finally dropping down the magazine.

"I'm mad because you didn't trust me enough to tell me you were getting married in 3 days, 3 freaking days Hera!" He says getting up.

I suck in my lip.

"Were you even planning on letting us know? If the whole Jake situation never happened would you have kept us in the dark and married without informing us? I'm not asking that you seek for our permission but at least let me know when my little sister is planning on exchanging marital vows with a guy," He says a sad look on his face.

He runs his hands through his hair.

"Or was it his idea? To not let us know?" He asks suddenly suspicious.

"What? no!" I quickly refute the accusation.

"Lexis would never," I say.

"Then explain to me, in a way that makes sense why you didn't tell us, why you didn't tell me," He says stopping to point at himself.

"I thought we told each other everything? Am I so untrustworthy in your eyes?" He asks.

"No, Jamie, it's not that, everything just happened so fast. I truly was planning on inviting you guys, you can ask Jess," I say.

"Who's Jess?" He asks.

"My roommate, she's planning the wedding, I truly was planning on calling you when I got home that night, after all you gave me the strength to ask Lexis for his hand in marria..." I start but Jamie interrupts me.

"Woah, woah hold it right there," He says walking over to the bed side.

"You asked him," He says pointing to an invisible Lexis. "To marry, you?" He asks pointing at me.

I smile shyly and nod.

"Wow! Wow!" He says.

I pat next to me, he sits down, I intertwine my hands with his.

"How much did Keith tell you?" I ask.

"Not much, just that you got a super rich boyfriend who was head over heels in love with you and would protect you in our place," He says.

I smile thankful for the parts Keith edited out. Jamie would kill Lexis if he ever found out about the bet. Yes from day one Lexis already put the wheels in motion to shatter the bet and had already opted out but just the fact that he even had the thought in his head prior to meeting me and could have ruined another innocent girl will be enough to make my family say no to us.