We meet again- Harry one shot

He jumps over the wall and steals a rose.

“Harry, are you mad?!” You ask “This garden is private, you can’t go in there, much less during the day!”

He merely laughs and jumps out of the gardem. He puts himself on his knees in front of you, takes your hands and says:

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he gives you the rose. You can’t avoid smiling.

Before you can answer, he gets up. He grabs your face with both hands, gently, feeling your stained cheeks. He gets close to you, looking at your mouth. He’s so close to you that it just takes a breath of wind for you to touch his lips. His lips try to meet yours, very slowly…

“Julie! Julie wake up!” your mother screams on the other side of the door “I’m going out for work, your lunch is in the fridge, you’ll just have to warm it up in the microwave, ok?”

“Yes mum” you answer, your voice is hoarse. You have no idea what she just told you, but if you wouldn’t answer she would never leave.

You dreamed about him, about Harry. The boy you love the most in this world, and your best friend.

You grab your phone to see what time is it. 3 missed calls from Harry. Your eyes open suddenly. You’re wide awake now. He’s been busy and you two don’t talk with each other for a while because he never answers your calls. But now he was the one who called you!

You take a deep breath, preparing yourself to call him back. But before you can do anything your phone rings. It’s him. You take another deep breath, you clarify your voice and you answer the phone, nervously.

“Hello?” You say. Your voice is more hoarse then before.

“Hey, babe!” He says cheerfully “Were you still sleeping?”

“Hm… No” You lie.

“I called you to know if you wanted to meet with me. The tour is over and I’ve been with my family. Now I want to be with you.”

“Yes, of course!” You say, without thinking.

“I’ll pick you up in one hour”

“Ok, bye” You say. He says bye and hangs up.

You have one hour to switch from someone who looks like a homeless to someone irresistible.

You run to the bathroom and you take a shower. Normally you would stay there half an hour, feeling sorry for your life, but now you only stay in the shower for 3 minutes. You wear the t-shirt Harry gave you, his Ramones t-shirt. You don’t dry your hair because you know Harry likes it like that: unkempt and rebel. You sit on the couch and you wait for him impatiently. You don’t see him for a while…

You get a text from him, saying he’s waiting for you.

You get up and you notice your legs are shaking. “Oh, come on, it’s just Harry, your stupid best friend”, you think to yourself.

You get out of your house and you get in the car. He looks at you and does the biggest smile in the world, and the most beautiful.

“Hey” he says, after giving you a kiss on the cheek. It’s the first time he touches you after months. You body shakes but he doesn’t notice.

“Where are we going?” You ask.

He smiles and he doesn’t answer you.

“Tell me!” You insist.

“We’re going somewhere nice. I want to make it up for you for all the months we’ve been apart from each other” he says mysteriously.

You’re in love with him, you know that. But the question is: Is he in love with you? You never got to realize, and you never had to courage to ask him.

He parks the car. You look around you, but you don’t see nothing nice. All you can see is a tump, in the middle of nowhere.

“Close your eyes” he says.

“Please don’t do that! You know I hate surprises!” you beg.

“Please!” He says with a smile. It’s impossible to resist his smile.

You both get out of the car. You close your eyes and you feel his hands covering up your face.

“To make sure you won’t peek.”

He guides you, who knows where. You try to establish your sense of smell and hearing, looking for some clue to know where you are. You can smell roses, lots of them, and all you can hear are birds singing.

“Ok, you can open your eyes” he says, taking his hands out of your face.

You open your eyes and you see a beautiful white house, but what draws your atention it’s the garden. It’s full of roses of all colours.

He jumps over the wall and steals a rose.

“Harry, are you mad?!” You ask “This garden is private, you can’t go in there, much less during the day!”

He merely laughs and jumps out of the gardem. He puts himself on his knees in front of you, takes your hands and says:

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he gives you the rose. You can’t avoid smiling.

Before you can answer, he gets up. He grabs your face with both hands, gently, feeling your stained cheeks. He gets close to you, looking at your mouth. He’s so close to you that it just takes a breath of wind for you to touch his lips. His lips try to meet yours, very slowly…

You think you’re dreaming again, you’ve got to be dreaming. But you aren’t. Instead of hearing your mum calling you, you feel his lips in yours. He’s kissing you.

“You can have all the roses of this garden, the house is ours. You’re going to move in with me” he says.

You smile. You don’t mind waking up next to him every day, you don’t mind at all.