Liam imagine for Bridgette

"Daddy!" Your seven year old son called. "Yes Jay?" "Can we go play outside?" he asked excitedly, looking out of the kitchen window and into the snow filled backyard. Liam chuckled and nodded. "oh boy!!" Jay(den) screamed and made a beeline for the back door. Liam grabbed him by his waist and picked him up. "Whoa there, we have to get dressed first." "But I already have clothes on." Jay replied, confused. Liam laughed out loud, "I mean more clothes, because it’s freezing outside. Go ask your mum to get you dressed, while I go get myself dressed, okay?" "OK!!" Jay called, halfway up the stairs.

~***~

"Mummy!" Jay called once he was at the top of the stairs. "Yes baby?" "Can you get me dressed?" "…For?" "Playing in the snow with daddy."  "Ooh." You replied, picking him up and taking him to his room. You rummaged through his clothes until you found the right items for him to wear, and helped him pull them on. "Mummy?" How come you dont dress daddy?" Jay asked suddenly. You choked on laughter as you pushed his gloves onto his hand. "Because daddy’s a big boy." "But I’m a big boy" "Yes you are. But daddy’s just a bigger boy." You replied, ending the conversation. You carried him to the back door downstairs where Liam was waiting. "All ready Jay?" Liam asked, pulling on his own gloves. "Yup!" He happily chirped, jumping out of your arms. They both gave you a kiss on either cheek and ran out of the backdoor and into the snow filled wonderland, leaving you to some ‘you’ time. 

~***~

After an hour and a half of peacefulness you decided to check up on your boys. You quickly pulled on your winter boots and a sweater over your turtleneck and walked into your backyard. You found three snowmen lined up (Liam, you and Jayden), Liam finishing up the shoveling of the driveway and Jay making snow angels in the untouched zone of your backyard. Liam walked over to you and slung his arm over your shoulder. “We made a great kid.” he said, watching Jay enjoy himself. You looked up at Liam and replied, “Yes we certainly did.”