Chapter Two

After that horrendous dinner with them, I went into my room, angry for what Julian did to me back there. I'm dripping wet because of him! I really detest him right now! I changed into my pyjamas and collapsed on my bed and I can hear Mr. and Mrs. De Vizio scolding Julian from downstairs.

Suddenly, all the yelling stopped and I heard a knock on my door. I stood up and opened it and found Mrs. De Vizio outside. "I would just like to apologize for the incoherent behaviour of my son a while ago... We really don't know why he did that." She said with an apologetic look.

"It's alright, Mrs. De Vizio..." I replied.

"Don't worry; I'll talk to him tomorrow, okay?" she said.

"Okay." I said. "Goodnight Mrs. De Vizio."

"Goodnight, Hannah."

Then with that I closed my door and went back to bed and dozed off to sleep. Just then, I heard someone knocked again on my door. Half-asleep, I opened the door and saw no one. "Psh... Must be Julian, playing some tricks on me again." I muttered to myself. I was about to go back in again when I heard Adrian scream.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!" Adrian screamed in fright. I ran to his room which is not very far away from mine and when I entered, I opened the lights and saw a figure standing in front of him. I recognized that it wasn't a ghost but some asshole trying to scare the hell out of my brother who just recently had a heart operation!

I ran to the figure quickly and beat him with my slipper. "You jerk! Leave me brother alone!!!" I screamed.

"Ouch! Wait! Wait! Wait!!! Stop it Hannah!!! It's me, Julian!!!"

I stopped hitting the mysterious figure with my slipper as soon as I heard the voice. I pulled out the scary mask off and saw Julian standing in front of me.

"Julian!?" I said in shock.

Just then, his parents and mine entered the room. "What's happening around here?" Mrs. De Vizio asked.

"Well, your son just scared the hell out of my little brother who just had a heart operation recently!" I said, my heart beating fast and my face fuming with anger. I turned to Adrian and he was crying, I hugged him tight as I soothed his back.

"Hush now Adrian... It's over." I said and then I gave Julian a death glare.

"Julian, into my office downstairs. NOW." Mr. De Vizio said firmly.

**

--The next day--

The next day, Mom and Dad went to school with Adrian and I to enroll the both us. The school that we are going in is a public school but it's not really that bad compared to my public school in the Philippines where you have to sit on the floor when there's a shortage of chairs in the classrooms.

After we got enrolled, we went to OfficeWorks to buy our school supplies and then we went straight home. Mr. De Vizio isn't at home because he has work, while Mrs. De Vizio is tending to her plants in her garden.

"Hi Mrs. De Vizio." I greeted her.

"Hello Hannah. Oh, you guys are back!" She said. "I prepared some muffins for all of us. It's placed on the dinning table. Just help yourselves, okay?" I nodded. "Thank you." I said gratefully then we went back in. Adrian and I went back upstairs and I helped him changed into his house clothes and when he's finished, I let him play by himself in his room. I went back to my room and changed into comfortable clothes.

I went out of my room and checked on Adrian but he's not in his room so I went downstairs and saw him playing in the garden with... JULIAN?!

"Julian has a soft spot for little kids like Adrian." Mrs. De Vizio suddenly spoke up.

"Well if he has then why did he scare Adrian last night?" I countered.

"To be honest, I don't know. He really likes to pull out pranks on people, you know. But my son's a good person. He would never cause pain on other people."

I continued to stare at Julian who is still wearing his school uniform , not to mention that he looks good wearing it, and Adrian when suddenly, Julian looked at me. "I'd better go back in, Mrs. De Vizio." I said.

"Oh okay." She said with a smile then she turned her attention back to her red and pink roses. I walked back inside the house. Jeez... How long do I have to live with him? How long do I have to lengthen my patience for him?

I went into my room upstairs and got my guitar from the corner of my room, and then I went back downstairs and sat on the couch and then started playing some random chords. For some reason, playing my guitar just calms me down. It reminds me of my hometown in the Philippines.

"I didn't know that you know how to play guitar." Julian said.

"So? You got a problem with that?" I spat at him.

"Why are you such a snob?"

"If I'm a snob, I shouldn't have replied to you a few seconds ago."

Then I heard him laugh a little bit. I just rolled my eyes at him and continued playing my guitar. "Look, I'm sorry for being mean to you and to your brother." He said.

"Whatever..." I replied.

"Come on! I'm trying to be nice here already!"

"Whatever jerk!"

"Hannah!"

"What?"

"I'm sorry and I wouldn't stop apologizing unless you accept it."

I just ignored him and continued playing my guitar. "I'd do anything." He suddenly said and I shot my head up. "Really?" I said, a cheeky smile forming on my lips.

"Really." He replied.

"Okay. Bring this guitar back safely in my room." I ordered him as I handed out to him my guitar.

"Excuse me?! I am not your damn slave!"

"Oh. Okay. Fine. I won't accept your apology then."

"Ugh. Fine." Then he got my guitar. "I shall bring your guitar back into your room, madame." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Please don't talk posh. It just makes me wanna rip your head off even more." I said as I tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. He just chuckled and shook his head and went upstairs. A few minutes later, he came back. "Do you still want anything, ma'am?" he asked.

I crossed my arms, "You really like annoying me, don't you?" I said as I gave him the 'Really?' look. He just smiled cheekily and for some reason, his eyes just made everything around me slow down.

Aaaaaarrrgh!!! What the hell am I saying?!

"So... Do you accept my apology now?" he asked hopefully.

I smirked, "Ha! You wish!" I said then I walked towards Adrian who was then playing in the garden. If he wants to settle things between us, he'd have to go through the needle's eye first.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

~TCforever22~