Chapter Forty-Five: Meeting Hannah's BIG family

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE: Meeting Hannah's BIG family.

HANNAH'S POV

After that long and exhausting trip, we finally reached the airport. Uncle Anton greeted us as soon as he saw us at the arrival area and helped us load our things at the back of his van. I introduced him to Julian and his family and vice versa. I looked at Julian and he sure was unused to seeing traffics and police enforcers dancing in the middle of the road.

"Um... Hannah, why is that guy dancing in the middle of the road?" Julian asked me when we came onto a stop.

I chuckled, "That's a police enforcer. He manages the flow of traffic and in order to entertain himself and the other motorists, he dances to the music that he's listening to. Look, he's got his earphones on." I said and he nodded.

"Cool." He said.

"Lame." Miela snorted.

"Will you shut your piehole just for once Miela?" Julian snapped at her.

"Whatever." She said and then crinkled her nose  "Why can't I get a fuckin' signal here!?"

"Uh because you're in a different country and that network only works in your country." I said and she rolled her eyes for the millionth time.

"Stupid mobile networks." She grumbled and just put her earphones on and listened to music.

After exactly 2 hours, we reached our house and as expected, my cousins were at the front gate, waiting for us. We got off and I introduced Julian and his family to the rest of the members of my family. One of my cousins, Toni, walked up to me and whispered, "Parang hindi ko yata gusto yang future sister-in-law mo na yan. (I reckon I don't like your future sister-in-law)" I just laughed. I know why she said that. It's because when I introduced Miela to her, she eyed her up and down then rolled her eyes and didn't even bother to shake her hand as a form of nice meeting.

"But I like your blue-eyed baby boy!" She added. "What's his name again?"

"His name's Julian and you better behave yourself Toni 'cause he's mine already." I replied.

"Don't worry, I've already got Lloyd in my life." She replied. "Like, I'm already engaged, for crying out loud."

"What's up ma men!? Nice meeting you pare! (Pare means 'guy friend') " My Uncle Bonning said, giving Julian a manly hug.

"Hey Julian! Wanna drink?" Marvin, my cousin offered as he raised his glass filled with brandy. I whacked his head, "He's only seventeen, far out Marvin!" I said. "He doesn't drink!"

"May pa-english english ka pa diyan! Nasa Pilipinas ka na, oy! Magtagalog ka nga! (You keep talking in English. You're already in the Philippines so speak in Tagalog!)" He replied. I stuck my tongue out at him and then I pulled Julian with me and introduced him to the rest of my cousins.

"Julian, these are my other cousins. Pauline, Charles, Joaquin, Daniel, and Josh." I said. "Kids, say hi to Julian." And so my cousins did. Haha! They are so obedient that's why I love them!

"Are you Hannah's boyfriend?" Charles asked cutely.

"Believe it or not, they are already dating, Charles." Adrian chimed in as he walked past us while devouring his kebabs. I threw him a death glare but he just laughed at me and continued to scarf the food of the long table.

"You have blue eyes." Joaquin, my three-year old cousin said. No shit man. He would have blue eyes 'cause he's legit a foreigner.

"Of course he would, you dumbass! Dayuhan siya eh! (He's a foreigner!)" Daniel said and Joaquin started to cry.