Chapter Twelve

"Hurry up Hannah! I don't wanna be late for homeroom!" Julian told me.

"Ah shut up Julian! It's your fault why we're rushing like this because you spent several minutes on your goddamn spiky hair!" I said.

"Do you like it?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his stylized hair and my cheeks flamed red. I rolled my eyes and slapped his shoulder. "Let's go." I just said.

"Ouch! You really have the habit of abusing people physically, aye?" He said as he rubbed his left shoulder.

"Nah. Just you because you're being a jerk. Again." I said and then we went into our classroom and the students' chatter filled the air. I sat on my seat and then I was surprised when Julian sat beside me.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on your normal seat?" I said.

"I am in my normal seat. From now on, this will be my seat." He said.

"Whatever. Suit yourself." I said and then our teacher, Mrs. Lambert, came in. She's a slim, tall woman with long brown hair and green eyes. Suddenly, the chattering of the students died down.

"All of the Year 12 students would have a retreat the day after tomorrow." Mrs. Lambert announced as she gave the form to the whole class. "So I expect that this form would be signed for tomorrow by your parents and if it's not signed then you can't go."

I got the last form and carefully read through it. Julian and I looked at each other and he was probably thinking of the same thing too.

"We can't do a practise." He said. "The retreat's going to last for two days."

"What about tomorrow?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I've got to help Travis with his project tomorrow and it might take quite a long time."

And then sadness washed over me. Well, not really.

"Aw... My baby's sad." He said as he put his arm around me. I gave him a weird look.

"Do you by any chance have a plan of removing your arm around my shoulders?" I asked.

"Why would I? I'll hold you close to me everytime." He said. Okay, he's acting weird again.

"OMG! You guys are so cute!" A girl with red hair and brown eyes said to us.

"TOTALLY!" Another girl said.

I looked at them blankly and then to Julian and he was smiling cheekily at me. "By the way, congratulations to both of you for making it through the auditions!" The red-haired girl said.

"T-Thanks." I managed to reply. I'm really nervous. I don't like this whole thing of pretending that we are dating.

"I love you." Julian said to me and the girls gave 'aw's on us.

Friggin' hell! When will the siren go?! I'm dying right here! Julian! Stop! Stop doing this to me or I might believe it now!

"Kiss her!" One of the boys said who was then near to our seats.

Julian broke off his gaze from me and I gave off a sigh of relief. "We are not going to have a make-out session here!" Julian said.

"Uh excuse me, Mr. De Vizio? Would you please shut your mouth up?" Mrs. Lambert said.

"Sorry." He said and I laughed a little bit. He looked a little bit cute when he gets scolded by someone older than him. He looks like a kid. "Hey! Don't laugh at me, boo!"

I laughed, in a more forced tone, "Boo your face. You know what? I don't like this whole 'fake-dating' thing with you." I whispered without taking my eyes off the teacher at the front.

"Why? Do you wanna make it real?" He asked me and I looked at him with a horrified expression on my face and he was smiling cheekily.

"Hannah, it's okay to admit that you like me." He added and I felt my cheeks grew hotter this time. I don't know why but everytime he looks at me and gives some cheesy lines, my heart races and my face grows hot.

Just then, the siren went already. I took a deep breath, and rolled my eyes and gathered my school bag and went out of the classroom then straight to my locker.

"Hannah!" Julian called out to me. I ignored him and just continue getting my stuff for my next class.

"Hannah, I'm sorry. You know that it's just all part of the pretend, right?" He said.

I looked at him, "I know that Julian..." I said and then my heart stopped when I looked straight into his eyes. "...B-but of course I'm kinda nervous! What if they find out that we're not really going out?"

Then he put his two fingers on my mouth and looked at me earnestly, "Shush. They won't. Just trust me." He said firmly. "We can make it through this. It's just for this year, you know. And then after the graduation, we can already do what we want. We'll just tell them that we broke up."

I don't know why but whenever it comes to Julian and I ''breaking-up'', a part of me just wants to cry. He smiled at me genuinely and gave me two thumbs up. I chuckled and then gave a thumbs up back to him.

** The next day **

--Dismissal--

"We'll see you tomorrow Hannah!" Shona said as she waved goodbye with Matthew towards me.

"Make sure that you'll come to our retreat or Julian would be very sad without you!" Matthew said.

"Crazy people! Bye!" I said and then waved back at them.

"Hannah, I'll see you as well at school tomorrow." Julian said as he winked at me.

"Alright. See ya, boo." I said, forcing myself to be sweet and loving to him.

"Bye. I love you Hannah." He said.

"I... I love you too Julian." I replied.

He smiled and then kissed me on the forehead. He wrapped his arms around me, "Mum's there already." He whispers. "Get in the car now before Travis sees you. He can get pretty suspicious sometimes."

I nodded and then broke away from the hug and to be honest, I can feel his touch linger on my body. It's as if my body's been looking for his warm touch. As soon as Julian and Travis were already away from me, I started walking towards his mum's car.

I wonder who's the girl that Julian likes?

I shove the thought away and got in Mrs. De Vizio's car.

TRAVIS'S POV

After Julian kissed his girlfriend goodbye, we already started walking to my house which is just down the road. He's going to help me with my project.

Somehow, I'm still not convinced that they are going out. I mean, I can sense that they are both hiding something from me.

I looked back at Hannah and saw her get into a glossy red Holden car and if I'm not mistaken, that's Julian's mum's car.

Why would she go in there?

"Hey Trav, do you wanna cross the road or what?" Julian asked me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Of course I do, you dick!" I said and then we crossed the road together and walked to my house.

Could it be that they are living under the same roof?

No... No. That's impossible. Well, not really but it's just... Weird?

HANNAH'S POV

Mrs. De Vizio drove in silence until we came onto a stop by the stoplight. "Hannah, may I ask you one thing?" She asked me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you like my son?"

"I do as a friend."

"No... What I mean is that more than a friend?"

I stopped and took a few deep breaths and then she placed her hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry, Adrian's fast asleep at the back so you can tell me." She said.

I didn't reply. She chuckled, "Whatever your answer is, I just want to let you know that I want you for my son." And then she smiles at me.