Chapter Forty-Two: Help?

HANNAH'S POV

"Please Miela... Stop this! I love your brother!" I said. "Can't you see?! I love him so much that I'm ready to die for him!"

"Even better. Die NOW! DIE NOW, FOR HIM!!!" Miela responded and stepped on my hands even harder. I winced in pain as tears continued to flow out of my eyes.

Julian... Please... Save me.

JULIAN'S POV

Julian... Please... Save me.

I opened my eyes in horror from that horrible dream. You see, I had a bad dream of Hannah. She was in danger. What I couldn't understand is that my heart was still beating so fast after I had woken up on the couch. I looked onto the bed and saw that Hannah wasn't there. The bed looks untouched. Seems like she hasn't been in here ever since I've fallen asleep.

"Hannah, I hope you're just downstairs, watching television." I mumbled, my hand placed on my chest while taking deep breaths.

"JULIAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!" I heard someone scream and I knew whose voice it was. It's Hannah!!! I quickly hopped off the couch and rushed out of my room.

"JULIAN!!! HELP ME!!!" I listened to it carefully until I realized that it was coming from the terrace. I went there and saw a pair of hands gripping on the edge of the concrete.

"Julian..." Hannah said weakly. And with all of my strength, I pulled her up while she was crying and shaking. When she was finally up, she continued crying and I hugged her tight.

"It's alright. I'm here. You're safe now." I whispered through her ear as I rubbed her back to make her calm down. Why in the world would she be hanging on the edge of the terrace?! And how?! And then one person popped into my mind.

Oh good Lord, please don't let it be her.

Don't let Miela be the reason why Hannah nearly fell off from the terrace.

I pulled away and we went back inside. Mum and Dad then saw us and were shocked. "What happened? Why are both of you drenched in the rain?" Mum asked.

I looked at Hannah and she seems so upset to answer her question so I did. "She was hanging from the edge of the terrace and crying for help so I saved her, just in the nick of time." I replied.

"Why in the world would you be hanging on the edge of the terrace?!" Dad asked Hannah, concerned.

"S-She pushed me..." Hannah mumbled, her voice shaking.

"Who?! Who pushed you?!" I asked worriedly as I turned her towards me while gripping onto her shoulders tight. She just shook her head. I lifted her chin up, "Hannah, tell me. WHO. PUSHED. YOU. OFF. THAT. FREAKIN'. TERRACE?!"

"M-Miela..." Hannah replied. "Miela pushed me." Then she started crying again. I let go of her shoulders and balled my hands up into fists, my breathing slowly getting faster in anger.

"MIELAAAAAAAAA!!!!" I growled as I punched the wall and barged into her room. She was reading a book on her bed like nothing happened. I walked towards her and pulled her out of the bed with such force.

"Julian! Let me go!!! You're hurting me!!!" Miela complained while Mum and Dad were telling me to calm down. I wanted to but I couldn't.

I slammed her to the wall while grasping onto her right shoulder, "What did Hannah do to you to make you do this to her?! Miela, you almost killed her!!! YOU ALMOST KILLED MY GIRLFRIEND!" I yelled at her. "YOU ALMOST KILLED THE GIRL THAT I LOVE!!!"

"What are you talking about?!" She said as if she doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"I'm talking about what you did to Hannah! YOU PUSHED HER TO THE EDGE OF THE TERRACE! DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT SHE ALMOST DIED?!" I responded, my face fuming with anger. "Now, answer me. Why did you do that to her?! And most of all, why do you hate her so much?!"

"What?! I didn't push her!" She lied.

"Miela, don't you dare fuckin' lie to me!" I yelled back and was about to hit her but mum prevented me by hugging her protectively from me.

"So what if I pushed her to the edge of the terrace?! Why do you always defend that pathetic girl?! She doesn't even fit for you!" Miela shot back.

"You have no right to tell me who I'm supposed to love because first of all, this is my life, and second, you are just my sister!"

And then I turned around and pulled Hannah with me out of the room. She's still crying when we went into my room. I let her have a warm shower and then when she was all dressed in her pajamas, I cuddled up beside her on the bed and she still wouldn't stop crying.

"Hush now... You're safe now." I said. "It's alright." Then I held her hands.

"Ouch!" Hannah winced.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I turned on the lampshade. It was then that I noticed that her hands were red and swollen. "Your hands are swelling. Wait here. I'll get the first aid kit." Then I rushed to the bathroom to get the first aid kit from the medicine cupboard. I went back as soon as I got it and then I applied a warm compress on both of her hands first then after a few minutes, I applied gel on both them.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry for what Miela has done to you. I know you've heard this for the second time but I really am sorry for what she's done." I said.

"Julian, who is Dominique?" Hannah asked suddenly.

"How did you---?"

"Miela mentioned her to me a while ago." Silence filled the room as I continued to rub the gel gently on her left hand while massaging it at the same time. "Julian, was she really your first love?"

I looked at her and nodded. She looked away and let her tears fall down from her beautiful eyes. Even though that she's not looking at me, I can still see the pain and disappointment in her eyes.

"I fell in love with her but she never returned my feelings for her. She told me that friendship is the only thing that she can give me. After that night, I never heard any single thing from her again. She stopped going to our school as well until I found out from Travis that Dominique transferred schools already." I continued then I turned her face towards me. "But Hannah, that was all in the past. It's all over and it doesn't matter anymore. What's important is that we love each other and... we're together." I cupped her face then kissed her on the forehead.

"I don't know what would I do if I lose you." I added. "I love you Hannah. I really do."

"I love you too Julian." She mumbled through her tears and I wiped them off. She leaned forward and gave me the most passionate kiss ever.