Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN (Halloween Special- Part Four)

JULIAN'S POV

That evening, we had dinner at the refectory of the retreat house. Little chatters can be heard from the students but I swear, this is the creepiest dinner that I ever had even though I had it with my fellow Year 12's. The teachers aren't even speaking to each other and just continued eating their food.

Matthew and Shona were the same. They were just eating their food quietly. I looked at Travis and he was talking with the other boys but I can see fear on his face and so with the other boys too. Hannah... Well, she never spoke after we came out of her room.

"Hannah, you're not even touching your food." I said. "Don't you like the food?"

She just continued to stare down onto her plate.

I placed my hand over hers, "Everything's gonna be okay." I said. "I'm here. I got you."

Hannah bowed down and gazed down on her lap.

"Hannah, look at me." I said but she didn't.

Just then, the lights suddenly went out and the other students gasped. Their voices suddenly rising from whisper. Some girls started crying.

"Uh... Year 12's settle down!" Mrs. Lambert said and then a few seconds later, the sliding door slid open and there the strong gust of wind came again. The students and teachers got out of their seats and started heading for the door while crying and screaming.

"Waaaaaaahhhh!!! My beauty can't handle this anymore!!!" Matthew said as he stood up and ran away like a scared chicken.

I looked at Shona and she has the same glint of fear in her eyes and she too ran away.

I turned my attention back to Hannah and she was still sitting while her head was bowed down. "Hannah! Let's go!" I said as I shook her and tried to pull her out of her seat but she was unbelievably heavy this time. "HANNAH GARCIA, GET YOUR FAT ASS OFF THAT CHAIR!!!"

And then she looked up and what shocked me was that her eyes are red! I pulled away from her and took a few steps back.

"Hannah?" I asked.

Hannah just smirked at me and then she strangled me.

"H-Hannah!!!!" I yelled while trying to remove her grasp from my neck. "Hannah, wake up! This isn't you!!! Fight whatever that is in your body right now! I believe in you Hannah! I know you can overcome it!"

She just stared at me while her grasp around my neck tightened and by any second, the air in my body is running out.

"OH MY GOD!!!!" I heard the other students scream behind me and I assume, the teachers are there too.

"Someone call a priest!" Mrs. Lambert said.

I felt myself being lifted up and when I looked down, I saw my feet floating four centimetres apart from the ground. "Hannah, wake up! This isn't you!" I shouted and then she pinned me to the wall.

"That girl that you're talking about won't be coming back anymore." She said and take note, her voice is different this time. It was more of the devil's voice.

"Julian..." I heard a little voice calling me.

I looked around and saw the little girl standing by the sliding door.

"You need to save her." She said yet her mouth isn't even opening and I can still hear her voice.

"How?" I asked.