Chapter 29: So Many Cases

Yes there are monsters, and its okay to be afraid of them, but its not okay to let them win, and its not okay to be one.
-Criminal Minds.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I check the time: 6:30am. I head into the kitchen to make breakfast. Coffee with eggs. I don't finish my coffee. I head onto the bathroom and slip into the shower.

Once I get out of the shower I shake out my hair. Water drops fly all over the room. I where a navy blue blouse with black jeans and converse shoes. My scar always peeks out of the top of my shirt but I don't really care. I leave my hair down. It drapes over my shoulder. I grab my unfinished coffee and head out the door.

Once I arrive at the BAU I sit down in my office with my door wide open. I'm working hard on files, so hard its almost like I'm in my own little world.

After about twenty minutes of working I feel a tap on my shoulder. I flinch and turn around to see who it is.

"Sorry." The character says while backing up. I look up and am relieved.

"Jeas Anderson you scared me." I say while putting my hand on my heart.

"Um sorry its just that agent Hotchner wants to see you." He says. I let out a puff of air.

"Great." I say sighing. He looks at me confused.

"Whats wrong agent?" He asks.

"Nothing and Anderson you know you can call me JJ." I say giving him a friendly punch. "You part of this team." I say while walking out. Anderson doesn't come with us on cases and it was kinda his fault that Elle got shot. He didn't mean to though. He is really just there to help when needed.

Once I get to Hotch's office I feel nervous. What will he say? Will he suspend me? Is about that talk? My mind is filling with ideas when he says something.

"Hey JJ come in." He says nicely. I walk in and he gestures for me to sit. So I sit in the chair on the opposite side of his desk where he is sitting.

"Sir whats this about?" I ask in a nervous but serious voice.

"Calm down JJ its fine I just wanted to ask you of we had any cases today." My nervousness settles and I let out a sigh of relief.

"No sir nothings came across my desk today." I say without making eye contact.

"Why are you calling me sir?" He says with his staring eyes that look like they're staring right through my soul.

"I don't know, sorry." I say, and with that I stand up and walk out.

"Hey JJ I'm lonely in my computer cave." Garcia says while walking up to me with worry in her eyes.

"Do you need some company?" I day laughing. It was a rhetorical question. She nods and we walk to her lab. I walk in and as usual its dark with computers and technical stuff covering the walls. Its not totally dark in scary though because its covered in colourful knik knacks and toys. Some are fuzzy, some light up, some our covered in colour just like most of Garcia's outfits.

"Penelope you've gone mad." I say laughing. She nods and sits back at her computer to do online files. I take some paper files and start looking through them. I need to figure out where we're going next.

After about three and a half hours of working Emily and Reid came in the room.

"You guys up for lunch at the little diner a few blocks from here?" Reid asks. I look away from him but Penelope responds for us both.

"Yep we would love to come." Everybody knows that me and Reid had a fight. I still say things to him now and then but I stopped calling him by his first name and he has never dared to call me Jennifer so he still calls me JJ. I don't like him calling me JJ because JJ is what my real friends call me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

once we arrive at the diner we find a booth that fits 4 Emily and I are in one side with Garcia and Reid on the other. I can sense Reid watching me. I want this fight to be over but I don't think he feels the same.

Spencer's POV:
I really want this fight to be over but JJ seems to still be avoiding me. I'm watching her, studying her behavior. She looks up and smile at me. That's something I haven't seen for a while. But then it fades away and I realize she wasn't really smiling she was just telling me that of I was profiling her I better stop. I looked away.

"So you guys think you'll have case by tomorrow?" Garcia asks.

"Without a doubt. The only reason that we're not on one is because I have been narrowing down which one is most important." I say.

"Aww that sucks." Garcia says disappointedly.

"Yeah well I have never not once had this many cases coming in. I guess its serial killer season." I say the last sentence shrugging jokingly and Emily laughs. We get a look from someone sitting at a table near us. I mean you can't blame them because they heard us say the words 'serial killer' and then we laughed.

"Which reminds me I gotta get back to work." I say while standing and looking at my watch.

"Oh I'm helping." Emily says excitedly while also standing up.

"Okay lets go. You guys coming?" I say. I'm talking about both of them but I only look at Garcia. I don't know if this fight is ever going to end...

A/N:
Hey! So little bit of a different quote but I just love it so much when JJ says it! I say it a lot just for fun. Whenever I hear though I get emotional. (I know I'm so weird😂😏) Anyway I have not posted all day because I used to not be able to stop writing and it took me like 10 minutes to write s chapter. But now I write a little then take a break, write a little and then take a break, then I finally finish the chapter.
Ps I don't know if anybody actually reads or cares about authors notes but whatever.