Chapter 34: James?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God do you learn.
-C.S. Lewis

I grit my teeth in pain as another kick impacts into my stomach. I'm back in the basement again. I turn around and see Morgan standing there with his gun pointed at James. Its not like how it really happened. Morgan has a sinister smile on his face as he pulls the trigger on James.

I wake up in a cold sweat, shivering. I'm lying on my bed with the sheets on the floor, curled up in a ball. Its been a while since I've had a nightmare. Something must have triggered it... But what? I check the clock. 2:47 am. I get up and put the sheets back on the bed. I walk to the bathroom and stare at the mirror. I run the water and cup my hands under the stream. I then bring my hands up to my face and wash my face with the water, refreshing. I head back into my room and crawl back under the covers, then fall asleep.

I slowly walk through the wooded area of trees. Taking every step carefully not wanting to make a sound. My nine year old girl body was no match for what lay within the forest. I hear footsteps coming up behind me. I begin to run but its no use. Everything just keeps moving no matter how much I run I stay in the same place. I then wake up clutching in to one if my stuffed animals, crying. I've always been afraid if the woods and that was just a bad dream. It still scares me though. I then decide to do the inly thing that will make me feel better. I creep into my sisters room and slip under the duvet. She's fourteen but for us two it doesn't matter about age difference. We're sisters. She wakes up at me lying down beside her. She turns around to face me.

"Whats wrong Jellybean?" She asks while poking my nose.

"Oh nothing." I say. I wanna be like her. Nothing scares her.

"Bad dream?" She questions. I nod.

"Is it about the woods again?" She says. I nod again. She kisses the top of my forehead and then tucks some if my hair behind my ear.

"Its okay. We're all afraid of something Jellybean." She says. I wonder what she's afraid of? I end up drifting off to sleep with the thought lingering in my head.

I then wake up with a nice warm feeling. I remember that night when I had that dream that scared me and I crept into her room.

"I love you Rosaline." I think aloud. I look at the clock. 7:00 am. Time to get ready. Nothing has come across my desk so I'm assuming that the serial killers have given us a break. I step into the shower. After my shower I put on a white button up long sleeves blouse with blue jeans. I keep my hair down. I head back to the bathroom to put my makeup on. I slip in the water from my shower and bang my head on the counter. I cry out in pain while holding the spot where I hit my head. I sit down and hold my head for a minute. I take my hand iff my head and look at it, blood. I clean the cut properly. Theres a gash on my forehead with a bruise surrounding it. Makeup? I have to try and cover it up but I know it wont work. I make it look as least nasty as I can.

"Oh well." I say while walking out the door.

"Oh well what?" Jason says while walking up behind me in the elavator.

"Oh nothing. Where you headed?"

"Work. You?"

"Work." I reply.

"Another criminal butt you gotta kick?" He says smirking.

"I'm not sure. I didn't get a text or call." I say wondering. He shrugs.

"Maybe you'll have a day off."

"Haha in my dreams. There is always work for us.

"Bummer." He says. I nod in agreement. After a minute the elevator opens. I walk through the lobby of my apartments. I walk through the parking lot. All of the sudden I feel something or someone looking at me. I turn around quickly to investigate when I see something shuffle in the bushes. I turn to look at them and swear I see brown hair. I try to brush it off when I hear a voice.

"Jenny." It says tauntingly. At this point I've gone totally insane. I turn and run to the bushes fall speed, rip into the bushes... Nothing.

"What the heck?" I say aloud. I quickly brush it off. It must of been in my head. It couldn't have been him. It couldn't have...

A/N: Hey guys :D I really like writing but I can't find the time. I know that most people take two or three days to post but I usually post twice in a day. Okay guys anyways I'm honestly debating the skills of my writing. I don't know if people are enjoying them? Anyways I'm gonna try an keep posting even if its not good.
Thanks: blackbirdjeid shipjeid101