Chapter 41: Hunter Hunted

You don't really understand human nature unless you understand why a child on a merry-go-round will wave to his parents every time around, and his parents will always wave back.

-William D. Tammeas

"Kenneth Krycek." The man says.

"SSA Jareau." I say and shake his hand. Then I recognize the name.

"You wouldn't happen to be related to Jason Krycek?" I ask him.

"Uh yeah he's my brother. Why do you know him?" Kenneth says.

"Uh yeah I definitely know him." I say and smile.

"Wait did you say your name was Agent Jareau?" He says.

"Yeah." I clarify.

"You're not Jennifer are you?" Kenneth asks. I instantly feel shy but flattered that Jason has mentioned me before. I take a piece of hair and put it behind my ear shyly.

"My brother has mentioned you." He says. Then I hear somebody yell to him.

"Krycek!" One of the other soldiers say.

"See you later Agent Jareau." He says and walks away. Jason had said Kenneth's name but he never told me he was in the U.S. Army. Suddenly I feel somebody grab my shoulder.

"Who was that?" Emily asks.

"Oh uh nobody." I say and get back on focus.

"Well you seem to hit it off pretty well." She says. I hate her profiling me and getting into my business. I could tell her it was Jason's brother and make things easier for myself but I'm gonna make this interesting.

"Yeah, yeah we did." I say casually and walk off. I can picture the expression on her face. I hold in a laugh as I walk into the round table room. Right as I walk in I see Morgan walking out.

"Where are you going?" I ask quickly.

"Oh uh I was about to come tell you guys that there was another attack. I'm about to go check it out." Morgan says

"Where?" I ask.

"Oh uh a highschool." He says." Panic suddenly sets in.

"What highschool?" I ask him.

"Washington preforming arts." My heart stops. It takes everything I've got to not call Jason at that exact moment and tell him everything.

"I'm coming with you." I say sternly and quickly.

"Oh uh... Okay?" He answers. I guess I said it a little too quick. I just nod and we head for the car. I hop in the passenger seat and Morgan gets behind the wheel. Emily, who came along sat in the back. I rest my elbows on my knees and my cheeks on my hands. If Jason gets this disease I don't know what I will do. If I lost Jason I would be so broken. I don't even know. I feel a single tear drip from my face and onto my arm while the panic and fear fills my heart. I quickly wipe it away.

"JJ whats-whats wrong?" Morgan says.

"N nothing." I say as I wipe the tear from my face. I can see he's worried but he lets it go. Thank the heavens for that. I see the school and I bite the inside of my cheek. There are ambulances outside and men in yellow hazard suits. Apparently they were able to contain it just in the school. They also did make sure the area was safe and no longer contaminated. I stepped out of the car. We arrived while they were still looking for infected people throughout the building. I looked around the staff and students standing around the building, no sign of Jason. I run up to one if the staff.

"What room is the guidance councillor room?" I ask quickly.

"172, why?" The women replies. Without answering I start to run in. I keep running until I see the number. I open it immediately. There, lying on the floor I see Jason.

"Oh my gosh." I gasp and kneel down beside him. "Oh my gosh are you okay?" I say panicking at what I should do.

"JJ ssh ssh be quiet." He says struggling to stay awake.

"The man who did this he is still in the building." Jason says in a scared tone. 

"Wh where?" I stutter. He blinks back tears.

"Right here." He says and then goes unconscious. I don't believe what I just heard. Did he just confess to doing all of this. I turn around to go run and get a medic when I see somebody standing in the doorway pointing a gun at me.

"So thats what he meant by right here." I say with humor. I can take this guy. He's a coward, using poison to kill.

"PUT YOUR GUN ON THE GROUND OR I SHOOT YOUR LITTLE "FRIEND"" He says with his gun pointed at a now conscious Jason.

"Okay, okay I'm doing it." I say cautiously while drawing my weapon and slowly placing it on the ground. He then pointed the gun at my head.

"Now c'mere." The man said. I shook my head.

"No." I say in a strong voice. He then points the gun at Jason. I can't lose him. I have no choice but to move closer. He grabs me and faced me towards him with his arm around my side and his hand placed in between my legs. His hand holding the gun against my chest ready to fire.

"Well this is fun." He says advancing towards me.

"Don't you touch her!" I here Jason say.

"Oh are you guys like a thing? Too bad..."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update I was camping all weekend at a campground with no wifi. I was writing I just couldn't publish it. But here you go! What do you think us gonna happen?