Chapter 44: Spence's Birthday

"Good morning Jayje." Penelope says in her usual bubbly tone of voice as I walk into the bullpen.

"Hey Pen." I say. I'm in a good mood today. I received some good news.

"How are you today my sweet JJ." She says happily.

"Great and you?"

"Great."

"Okay Pen whats the big deal?" I ask.

"Parties. I love parties." She says excitedly.

"And?" I ask confused.

"I'm throwing a surprise party today! And I'm excited!" She says. I quickly remember about Spencer's birthday.

"Oh yeah! Can I help decorate?" I say excitedly. We have it all planned out. Rossi is making the cake. We go up to the round table and start decorating the room. I start colouring a banner that says: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCE

"This is gonna be so awesome!" I yell with a giggle at the end of my voice. I sound like a little kid getting excited about a new video game.

"You bet it is." She agrees. At that moment Hotch walks in.

"Is everything alright? I heard JJ yell." Hotch says concerned.

"Yeah everything is great." I say looking up at him from my colouring.

"Wow what is going on in here?" He says confused while walking further into the room.

"Uh its Spence's birthday duh." I say with sas in my voice.

"Oh yeah. Good thing I got him a present." He says as he walks out of the room. I am so excited to give him my present. I got him a little necklace with a circle locket on it with a picture of the entire team when he was turning twenty four. I'm sure it will mean something to him. There is a picture of Elle and Gideon. He was wearing a pathetic birthday hat I got for him and I still have the hat to this day. I wrapped it up for him along with his necklace. I also got him a redskins jersey because he asked me out on a date right after his 24 birthday and we went to redskins.

"Okay guys its 6:59am he will be here at 7:10am who is going to escort him.

"Escort who?" Someone says as they walk in the door.

"Spence." I say. "Its his birthday."

"Ooooh can I do it?" Emily says as she walks in and looks at the decorations.

"Sure of course you can." Penelope says.

"Wow remind me if I ever need to get you two in a good mood then throw a birthday party." She laughs. We both laugh with her. The party is not the main reason I'm in a good mood but it adds to the awesomeness.

"Okay what do you guys think? Green or Purple streamers?" Penelope asks.

"Both." Rossi says as he walks in with the cake.

"Wow Rossi that looks amazing!" I exclaim. His cake was beautiful. It was double chocolate (Spencer's Favourite) with mini presents made out of fondant frosting with Happy Birthday Pretty Boy.

"Really? Pretty boy?" Emily says.

"Morgan forced me to." He says while putting his hands up in defence.

"Yes, yes I did." He says as he walks in the door. We all look at each other and shake our heads smiling.

"GUYS GUYS GUYS!" Garcia yells as she comes in with her heels clamping against the floor.

"Whats up baby girl?" Morgan asks.

"Its 7:07. Reid is going to be here at 7:10!" She says nervously and excitedly.

"I will go meet him at the elevator... Everybody hide."

"Emily we are not going to hide." I say sassily while crossing my arms. "Just shut of the lights." I say gesturing to the lights. Hotch walks in and looks around the dark room.

"Is he coming?" He whispers directed at me. I silently nod. He walks and stands beside me. We wait for like 20 seconds before we here footsteps and voices. Getting louder with every approaching second. I here them walking in the door then Emily turns the light.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We all yell.

"Wow!" He says. "Wow guys this is awesome thanks!" He yells in excitement. He comes and he gives me a huge hug.

"I love you Spence." I say as I pull away from the hug. Then Rossi gives him a hug and kisses both cheeks like an italian.

"Open my present." I say and hand him my bag. He takes a look at it and opens it. Immediately we both breakout into laughter.

"I remember this hat JJ!" He exclaims through the laughter. I see Hotch with a smile. He obviously remembers it too. He then digs deeper into the bag.

"JJ you didn't!" He laughs.

"I did!" I yell. He is probably saying that because only Gideon knew about our date and now I am gonna tell everybody.

"Uh JJ why did you get him a redskins Jersey?" Morgan says. We both look at each other and then break out into laughter.

"JJ and I uh we-" Spencer starts and scratched the back of his head.

"Oh my god... You guys went on a date!" Garcia yells. Spence's face turns bright red and I just break out into laughter and nod my head. Morgan starts laughing.

"Jeid Jeid Jeid Jeid!" He chants. Garcia elbows Morgan in the stomach.

"She is already dating someone you can not give them a ship name." She says.

"Anyway Spence I got you one more thing." I say. The necklace is in a little box which is wrapped with a little card that says: from the only person in the whole world who calls you Spence. He un wraps the box and carefully opens it.

"JJ its beautiful." He says.

"Open it." I say. He takes the locket carefully between his hands and unclasps it.

"Awe Jayje thats so sweet." He says. I point to the picture.

"There is Elle and Gideon." I say. He nods and gives me a hug.

"Here." I say as I take the necklace from him and clasp it around his neck. Honestly I think that kid might have more hair then me.

"Thanks guys for an awesome birthday." He says.

"Oh wait." Emily says while pulling out her phone. All of us do the same. (Except for Reid) We all pose for a selfie with each other.

"Everybody say #selfie!" Emily yells.

"Hashtag what now?!" Spence yells and we all break into a long lasting fit of laughter.

A/N: Okay so that was a very positive and uplifting chapter but enjoy it now because chapter fifty is approaching and things are going to get very dark and sad.