How You Meet: N.K

Normani💃🏽

~Your POV~

I was walking to the venue my best friend Lauren would be in with her 4 band mates. I haven't met them but Lauren has told me that they are really nice. The thing is that Lauren doesn't know that I'm here.

I've been in the military for the past year as soon as I graduated high school I left to the army.

Lauren thinks that I'm not coming home till the next 2 months.

I picked up some roses and a medium sized teddy bear that said 'I missed you'. I walked up to Big Rob since him and Simon are the only one that know that I'm here. As I was walking up to Big Rob I received some 'thank yous for serving our country' to 'you are so brave for doing what you do' since I was wearing my military uniform.

"Hey champ how have you been?" Big Rob said hugging me and and letting me in the venue. I smiled up at the big guy.

"I've been fine how are you?"

"I'm great the girls are at sound check for another hour so you go to their dressing room and out the stuff on Lauren's chair." He said showing me where the dressing room was. I quickly nodded and went to the room.

I looked around the room until I found Lauren's chair. Which had her name on it. I put the bear on the chair and the roses on top of the bear.

I made my way out of the room and went behind the stage where I'll surprise Lauren when she's on stage preforming.

If it wasn't for Mr.Cowell I wouldn't be able to do this for my best friend.

*********

Lauren's POV.

It's almost been 2 years since I haven't seen my best friend. She's in The military and I miss her like crazy. She wa-is my partner in crime. My go to girl. We did everything together. When I auditioned for the X-Factor she was there to support me. Not in person but she would always call me. But when it was her senior year she had to focus on her homework and all that stuff so she couldn't call me as much as she used to. The day she graduated she called me saying that she had to to tell me something.

She told me she was going to the military. I was crying throughout the whole call. She said that she'll be fine and not to worry about her but I couldn't. She was like my little sister. She isn't coming home till in 2 months. I miss her so much.

I didn't even realize I was crying till Dinah saw me and immediately stopped singing. She rushed to my side and pulled me into a hug. I cried my eyes out on her shoulder.

"Ba-Laur what's wrong?" She asked whole she rubbed my back.

"I-I miss her s-so much." I sobbed out

"Miss who?" She asked confused. The girls never officially met Y/N. They have seen pictures of her but never had to meet in person. But I always told them about Y/N's most embarrassing moment to her funniest to her saddest and to the most loving moments. We were always to busy.

As soon as the girls saw me they also stopped singing and rushed to my side. After I calmed down and the girls and I made our way back to our dressing room. I told them about Y/N and how she's in the military and that she's not coming back till the next 2 months.

***********

Normani's POV

Form the stories Lauren has told us about Y/N she really seems lovable caring and funny person. There was a time when Lauren told us that Y/N didn't want to wear heels for her party but somehow Lauren and Y/N's mom convinced her to wear them. She wore them but when she was walking she ended up tripping somehow and ended up falling on her cake.(this actually happened to me......sadly) Lauren showed us a picture of Y/N covered in cake I thought she looked adorable.

And when Lauren would show us pictures of them 2 being weird to them being all sweet and cute. Y/N's smile is so cute she has dimples, her cheeks look so soft, and oh my god don't even get me started on her eyes her beautiful light blue eyes are just wow.

I looked to my left and saw something on Lauren's chair. I walked up to her chair and saw some beautiful roses and a cute median sized bear.

"Laur you got some stuff on your chair." I picked up the card and handed it to her when she came to me.

"What does it say?" I asked.

"It says Anonymous." She turned the card to see if anything was on the back but it was blank.

She put the things on the couch and got ready for the concert.

**********

We just got done preforming BO$$ and we were going to move onto singing Who Are You. But then the song I'm Coming Home by Skylar Grey started playing. We looked around confused until a very gorgeous girl came out with a military uniform. Then it clicked the girl standing not to far away from me was Y/N Lauren's best friend.

Lauren looked Y/N's way and she brought her hands up to her mouth. She had tears rolling down her cheeks. Y/N smiled and walked to Lauren when the fans saw Y/N they screamed so loud. They took a liking into Y/N when Lauren would post about Y/N non stop. They loved her even more when they found out she was in the military.

Lauren ran to Y/N and jumped on her. Wrapping her arms around Y/N's neck and her legs around Y/N's waist. I smiled at the the 2 best friends while everyone else clapped their hands.

After Y/N promised Lauren that she'll wait backstage we continued singing. As soon as we were done Lauren bolted off the stage. We walked after her. When we saw her she was already in Y/N's arms. We smiled.

"Girls this is Y/N my best friend the one I've been telling you girls about. Y/N this is Ally, Dinah, Camila and Normani." She introduced us. Y/N smiled when she locked eyes with me. Her beautiful eyes. I smiled back.

"How long do plan on staying here?" Dinah asked.

"Um I'm actually not going back due to an accident that occurred." She looked sad but at the same time happy.

"So your staying?!?" Lauren asked a little to shocked and excitedly.

Y/N giggled. Wow that was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. She nodded and Lauren squealed.

I'm glad she's staying cause I plan on getting to know her better.

******

Feel free to give me any suggestions
Love ya