The Marine: D.J

Dinah's POV

I looked down at my coffee. I was in los Angeles recoding some new songs with my girls and let me tell you I couldn't be more excited for our fans to hear them. They are going to flip. In a good way obviously.

"DJ you okay?" I looked up from my coffee to see Lauren looking at me worriedly. I nodded. " Yea just thinking about our fans." Ally quickly looked up from her phone. "Oh they are so sweet I love them. They are the best fans ever. (😏😉) they go all out when it comes to voting for us." She said smiling.

I chuckled but nodded agreeing with her. "I'm sure they'll make sure Mani here wins DWTS." I threw my napkin at Mani who was sitting on front of me. She smiled blushing. "Yea we gotta love our fans."

We laughed and shook our heads. We continued to talk about how Mani and Ally were going on date so Lauren and I couldn't stop teasing them. But then I started teasing her on how she's dating Demi Lovato. So making her blush was funny.

We, well I stopped laughing once. I heard the bell ring signaling that someone just walked into the cafe.

I looked up to see a girl. A girl in marine uniform. She took off her marine hat running her finger through her short black hair. She's beautiful. She took off her while gloves and walked up to the cashier who also had her mouth open.

The girl cleared her throat. The cashier blushed took the marines order. The girl smiled politely and took her drink once it was ready. She sat at the table that was on the other side of the cafe.

"Dinah? Hello?" Lauren nudged me since she was sitting next to me. "Hmm what? What did you say?" I quickly said looking away from the beautiful girl who was sitting acroos from the cafe.

"We said why don't you go talk to that girl you've been staring at since she walked in." Lauren teased as she nudged me. "Go." I quickly shook my head.

"Think about it this way if things go out great with you two, you'll get married. I'll be your best brides maid. Now go. Go before that cashier goes and takes your girl." Lauren said as she pushed me out of the booth.

I took a deep breath trying to control my heart beat. Cause it was going crazy.

I walked towards the girl and noticed that the girl was reading a book. With her hat on the table. I smiled at how cute the marine looked.

I sat down in front of the girl and looked at the girls who were giving me encouraging smiles and Lauren who was giving me thumbs up while she stood on the booth chair.

I smiled and looked back at the girl who now looked up from the book she smiled when she looked into my eyes which caused me to blush.

"Um hi my name is Dinah. I just wanted to come over and to tell you uh thank you for what you do. It takes a lot of guts to do what you do so yea I wanted to thank you." I smiled nervously.

"Thank you that means a lot. And Y/N my name is Y/N." She smiled showing some cute dimples.

**

"So your only 19?" I asked surprised. She smiled nodding. "Yes I am. Why? Are you calling me old looking?" She frowned. I quickly shook my head. "What? No! You're beautiful. I just thought that you were like I don't know 23 or something." She smiled blushing.

"Well I think you're beautiful to Dinah." She said smiling. I couldn't help the blush that made its way my face. I heard a giggle.

"I gotta say Dinah. I never thought I'd be talking to one of the girls from Fifth Harmony. You are a lot more beautifuler I know that's not a word but you make it a word." I blushed even more I'm sure my face was a deep red color.

"You wanna go out for a walk. I know a place." She smiled sweetly. I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face. I nodded she smiled taking my hand in hers. When we stood up she was a lot shorter than I thought she was.

Which is a bounce for me. It just makes her look cuter.

"Wow you're a lot taller in person to. Now come on." She said looking up at me. I smiled. She picked up her hat.

I looked back at the table the girls were at and they smiled Ally mouthing to me to be careful. I nodded and walked out of the cafe.

***

It's been almost two months since I've met Y/N and I couldn't be happier.

We got close like really close. She had to leave not that long ago. But we stayed in contact. So that was good.

I smiled as I saw Y/N's face on my laptop. She was moved to Hawaii so she could train and do work there for two weeks. Next she'll be going to Japan. Well that's what she told me.

"Hey how are you?" She asked as she laid down on her bed. I smiled at how adorable she looked. "I'm fine. How's your every thing with ca-" I was cut off when there was a loud bang causing not only me to jump but also Y/N to jump. Next thing I know the screen went black.

"Y/N?" I spoke out realising that my eyes were beginning to fill with tears. I clicked on the return call button but she didn't answer.

I cried and cried until I felt someone pull me into their arms. Then I realized that it was Lauren's.

"She'll be okay."

***

It's been two days and I haven't heard of Y/N. Not a call, text, e-mail nothing. I can't help but worry about the girl that I'm head over heels for.

I stayed on my couch cuddled into the hoodie Y/N left in my apartment. I closed my eyes hoping I'd get some sleep. But then there was another knock.

I sighed and got up. From where I was laying down and went to open the door. I opened it only to freeze on the spot. There she was in her marine uniform smiling at me. I quickly jumped on her wrapping my arms around her neck. Leaning down and crying on her shoulder.

I felt her pick me up shutting the door with her foot. She sat me down on the couch.

"I'm sorry for making you worry. I didn't mean to- it's okay as long as you're okay." I looked up and straddled her lap.

"Y/N I-I love you. Everton since I saw the ou walked into that cafe. I have never been so happy. I get it if you don't like me back but I just had  to tel-" I was cut off by a the most softest lips I've ever kissed. They were so soft they tasted like mangos.

I love mangos.

I quickly kissed back. The kissed filled with what I'm sure is love and passion.

We slowly pulled away when air b came an issue. I rested my head against her head.

"I love you too Dinah. I love you with all my heart." I smiled pecking her lips.

Like I said I couldn't be happier. 

***_***

😊✌