My House is not a Home

Jin pov

The walls seem suffocating as our utensils scrape against our plates. Jimin and I sit across from our Foster parents who eat in silence. Their eyes never looking up to ask questions like...

How was your day?

or

Did you finish your homework?

Instead, they break the silence with-

"What the hell did you cook tonight? It taste like a rats ass." Our foster mother, Mrs.Seon sneers.

"Um, we didn't have anymore spices, so I had to make use of-"

"Didn't I give you money to go shopping the other day? How come there's no spices?" She barks, but I sigh.

"You forgot to give it to me because you fell asleep on the couch after you came back from going out with that guy." I answer, making Mrs. Seon's eyes narrow.

"You went out with him again didn't you?" Mr.Seon asks with a cold voice.

"Yeah, what of it?" She spits back. Mr.Seon shifts in his seat and forms fist with his hands. 

"Please don't fight." Jimin mumbles next to me as he sinks lower in his seat. I frown and focus on Mr.Seon relaxing in his seat.

" This isn't over." He warns before leaving the dining room and slamming his room door shut in his small apartment. Mrs.Seon mumbles some spiteful words underneath her breath as she digs into her plate.

I see Jimin relax in his seat before he opens and closes his mouth again. My eyes widen as he asks, "Can I perform at the talent show at my school. It's at 6 next month, but-"

"Why are you talking?" She interrupts. Her words slice like ice and Jimin's hopeful smile deflates almost instantly. He chews on the inside of his mouth before going back to eating his food.

"I'm going out." Mrs.Seon spits before furiously leaving the house with only a small jacket and her sling purse.

"Jimin-"

He turns to me and smiles. "It's fine. I knew she would say something along those lines." I know that he's trying to be strong and that his smile is fake to hide his pain, but I don't push him to expose himself.

"Okay, put your plate in the sink. I'll wash it. You just get ready for bed." Jimin nods his head and does as I say. When I'm alone I let silent tears fall and curse myself for being in this predicament.

It's all my fault and there's nothing I can do about it.

                                                                                                             ***

Jimin pov

"Pass the ball." My feet squeak across the wood floor and down the basketball court as I pass the ball to my team mate, Taehyung. It's my gym period and we mix with other 11th grade classes. Tae isn't in my regular class, but I consider him a good friend.

We're like a dynamic duo as we travel down the court, passing back and forth confusing the other team, but when we both get blocked at the hoop. I pass the ball to our other team mate and he makes the shot.

When the game is finished Tae runs over to me panting hard. "Good game." I smile and ruffle his hair. 

"Thanks, I need some water." I say since my throat is dry from all that running.

"Say no more." Taehyung runs off to get me water and I laugh at his urgency as he dodges past people. He sure is in a hurry.

While he's away I let my eyes train on Yoongi. He's sitting in a chair in the corner of the room and if I didn't know better he seems to be staring right at me, but I can't tell because like anyone else caught staring; he should have turned away by now.

I look behind me to the new game of basketball being played on the court. Is that what he's looking at? Does he want to play? Before I know it I'm standing right in front of him and blocking his view.

" Hey."

His eyes slowly travel up and stare right into mine. It's like he's borrowing into my soul as he focuses his attention on me which makes my face heat up. Can he see?

"Yeah?" He says in a voice so low I almost miss it.

"D-do you want to play in the next game?" I ask shyly. 

His facial expression doesn't change as he answers with a simple, "No." Not even his eyes hold any emotion. This intrigues me as I push further.

"Why not?" His eyes move from me back to the court then back to me. "Not interested," he mumbles, but the way he seemed to be in a trance just watching the game tells me other wise. I'm about to continue when Tae returns.

"Here's your water." He beams with a square smile on his face. I take the cup and chug it down in one gulp. 

"Thanks." 

"No problem...so what's going on here." Tae inquires while pointing towards Yoongi.

"I was just about to invite Yoongi to hang out with us if he wanted." I answer, hoping that he'll say yes and I'll have more time to figure him out.

Tae however scrunches up his nose. "You want him to hang out with us, but I like when it's just the two of us." I give him a puppy dog face and he instantly softens. "I-I guess that's fine."

"No, thank you." Yoongi stands up from his chair suddenly and walks away.

"W-wait." I start to follow him, but Taehyung grabs my hand.

"Well, I guess he doesn't want to hang out with us. Oh well." He says a little too smugly.

My shoulders deflate and I pout. "I'll get him to come around." I whisper.

"What was that?" 

"Nothing." I say with a bright smile and pull Tae back onto the court. "Let's win another game."

Taehyung easily forgets about asking me to repeat what I said and follows me with a smile. "Okay."

A/N That underlying tension though. Tell me what you all thought of this chapter, vote, share and add to your reading list. Hope you all enjoyed. Until next time my burritos, Deuces!