Talent Show

Jin pov

"You should go to support Hoseok."

I stare at the bowl of fruit sitting on the kitchen counter. Tonight is the big night for Hoseok to show everyone that he's more than a victim and here I am still sulking over Jimin. I've been so consumed with him, that I've barely had time to pay attention to anyone else.

Namjoon places his hand on my shoulder and offers a small smile. "You need to take your mind off of all this and what better way than to go support Hoseok during the talent show." Namjoon looks at his watch for the time and frowns at how late it's getting. "Come, please?"

I pout my lips at his begging because he knows I hate to disappoint people. "Okay...let me just call Yoongi real quick." Namjoon gets off the chair and hands me his phone. I waste no time dialing his number and am glad when he picks up on the third ring. 

"What's up?" 

"Oh, I was calling to check up on Jimin...how is he?" I bite my thumb nervously as I wait for his answer. There's a long pause on the line before Yoongi speaks again.

"He's- alive." If possible I bite my thumb even harder. Then, I let out a shaky breath when he adds, "Look, he's not at his best, but he's going to beat this. That's what we have to believe okay?"

I close my eyes for a second to collect my nerves. "I'm going to the talent show with Namjoon. Are you going?" Yoongi sucks his teeth and I can hear a door open and close through the phone.

"No, I'm going to keep an eye on Jimin. Tell Hoseok that I'm sorry and I hope he understands." 

"...Yeah, I will. Can I talk to Jimin?" There's shuffling and a small muffled voice.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I'll call you later." Before I can answer the line goes dead and I'm left with more worry. Why doesn't Jimin want to talk to me?

"Ready?" Namjoon asks when he walks back into the room holding my winter coat. I get off the stool and grab my jacket.

I offer a small smile and say, "Lets go cheer on Hoseok." 

***

When we enter the school auditorium my eyes almost fall out of my head from the sight in front of me. There are so many people here. Almost all 500 seats are filled by spectators and the room is so loud my ears might just pop. If it weren't for Taehyung and Minjae waving at us from the center section we wouldn't have known where everyone was.

Once we reach them, we're greeted by friendly hugs and shown our saved seats. "I'm so glad you decided to come! I saved seats for Yoongi and Jimin too just in case, but I guess not?" Taehyung ruffles his own hair, but Minjae holds his hand.

"It was still sweet of you." He comforts and Taehyung sighs. 

I look around and raise an eyebrow when I notice one more missing person. "Where's Jungkook?"

"He's helping out with the set. I heard he had to recruit some more upperclassmen because the freshmen acts weren't as good. Can't have a boring show right? He's probably making sure all the last minute adjustments are perfect behind stage." Taehyung informs.

"That seems like him. Jungkook has always been a perfectionist." Namjoon says above the loud crowd. When the lights turn off we all sit down in our seats. "It's about to start." 

Once the room quiets down, Jungkook walks on to the stage in a black suit with a microphone. "Welcome to our annual Talent show to show off the promising new 9th grade talent we have! Are you all excited?" He points the microphone towards the crowd and they all cheer loudly. "Now, to introduce our guest judges."

As Jungkook says a few adults names they stand and wave to the crowd from the front. I don't recognize them by name, but I recognize their faces as some of the teachers from school. They must of had nothing else to do. I wonder how they asked to be judges? After they take their seats Jungkook goes on to announce that no flash photography should be used and to silence all devices including small children.

The lights on stage dimmed some more and Jungkook announced the first act who was a petite girl playing a soft lullaby on her violin. I had to struggle to keep my eyes open the whole performance. Yes, she could play the violin, but why this song? The next five acts were just as sleep inducing. 

I finally woke up when one girl comes on stage with 2 hula hoops and started twirling them around her body like she was from the circus. How did she get it to travel from her ankle to her neck like that? Then she added the second hoop and had them both going at the same time, I knew she was some real competition.

After another hand full of acts mixing from boring to slightly entertaining, it was finally Hoseok's turn as the closing act. Jungkook must have pulled some strings to get him to close the show to leave his performance fresh in the judges mind. When the dubstep music began to play and Hoseok hit the first beat, the crowd went wild.

It was as if the music took over him as his whole life force was pulled into it. "Wow, he's better than I thought." Minjae says in awe. I nod my head in agreement as he moves across the stage smoothly.

I can't help but smile at the way his face shines with so much light even to the end of the song. The crowd is in an uproar from his performance and it takes a good minute for the applause to die down. If that isn't a good sign I don't know what else is. 

Then-

"Hey horse!" Someone shouts from the crowd. Hoseok turns his head in their direction and in a instant things turn to the worst. Yellow, green, blue- all the colors one could possibly think of are thrown directly at Hoseok. 

Paint hits his body like bullets as it smacks his skin. The room goes deathly silent as the assault continues. It's not until the last drop of paint hits the floor that the crowd goes insane. A mix of screaming and laughter erupts through the crowd and the noise is ear splitting.

We all watch as Hoseok's hands ball into fist and his  body begins to shake. My chest tightens as Jungkook makes his way to the stage and tries to control the crowd. "Everyone, please have a seat. We're going to have a short 15 minute break for the judges to deliberate then we will announce the winner. Please, calm-"

Before Jungkook can finish Hoseok is dashing off the stage and almost slips half way as he bounds into the stage wing. I have to cover my ears from Jungkook dropping the microphone and running after him. Once their gone I can't help, but be at a loss for words.

This is definitely not helping me relax...

A/N You get an update! You get an update! We all get updates! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this wonderful chapter of more drama that makes your heart want to explode. Don't forget to vote, comment and add my story to your reading list. I still want to know what BTS ships my Burritos would love to read from me next. If you already commented on my last chapter I saw your suggestions. Until next time, DEUCES!