The Truth Revealed

Jin pov

I bite my lip nervously as Jimin's eyes scan the front page before flipping to the next. His pupils move at a rapid speed as he reads everything on the paper. I switch from biting my lips to my nails as I wait for him to finish. 

What is going through his mind?

Did he read about our parents yet?

How is he taking it?

Did I really kill them-

My train of thought seizes as his eyes lift from the pages. He doesn't offer any words as he quickly shoves the file at me and walks out the room. I hold the folder close to my chest as the door slams behind him. Why did he leave like that? What did the papers say?

My hands begin to sweat again as my blood rushes to my head and I begin to feel dizzy. I can't do it. I can't read it. Namjoon senses my distress and moves towards me. "Take a few breathes." He says as he leads me to a chair in the office. I sit down and take in air though my nose before exhaling. "No matter what I'm here for you."

I close my eyes as I organize the papers. Then, I count to three before letting my eyes fall on the papers. The first page is basic information on Jimin and I like our last names and where we've stayed so far. The bottom includes our height and sex. Then, I flip to the next page. My eyes widen as it has our parents death certificates. (Died May 4th, 2008) it reads for both of them. 

I gulp as I flip to the next page with all the information on how they passed away. I put the paper down as I prepare myself. My heart is hammering against my chest as I imagine my worst fears coming to life. Everything I know confirmed...that I killed them. 

Slowly, I lift the page back up to my view and let my eyes read it's contents. 

Ji Su and Sejun Park were discovered in their house after a neighborhood friend by the name of Mina Kim came to visit them. The cause of death was from an unexpected gas leak from a broken pipe in the basement of the house...

I let the file drop from my hands as I digest everything. The gas leak was from the basement?

It wasn't in the kitchen...

It- wasn't- in the...kitchen.

Namjoon gives me a puzzled look as I quickly pick up the file again and reread the pages. 

The cause of death was from an unexpected gas leak from a broken pipe in the basement of the house!

I stand up from the chair and place the file back on the office desk. 

"So is it what you thought?" I shake my head.

"No...I didn't do it." Namjoon's eyes light up at my words, but before he can hug me I put my hand out. "I have to find Jimin." He nods his head and opens the door for me. "Thanks." I run out into the hallway and towards the entrance again.

Why did he run off like that if he knew I didn't do it?

I pick up my pace when I see his figure outside the metal doors pacing around. When I exit the building Jimin stops in his tracks and faces me. We stand there for a moment just staring at each other, neither one of us knowing what to say.

I decide to start the conversation. "Jimin, why did you run off like that?" Jimin bites his thumb anxiously in an attempt to stall his answer. "Please, talk to me. I want to know what's going on in your head." He refuses to look at me, but I can see him contemplating something. "If you knew I didn't do it why did you run away?"

"I-I don't know. My legs just moved." He whispers, but I'm not having it. I turn his head towards me and force him to stare me down. His eyes dive to the floor, but I can tell he's trying his hardest not to break down.

"Jimin, what are you scared of?" 

His mouth opens then closes again as he stumbles on the right words to say. "I don't know." He lets a tear fall and then another. He sniffles and it reminds me of just how fragile he really is. How hurt he is. "I knew that once you read it- you would try to comfort me again and I don't want to be a burden to you...I don't want to replace mom and dad as the most painful thing that's happened to you."

I let his words sink in and it's as if my whole being is has been sucked into a vortex. "Jimin, you could never be the most painful thing that's happen to me. You're everything to me and that-"

"That what makes it painful. You knowing what- what I've been through when I'm your precious baby brother." Jimin throws his hands up and begins to pace the floor again. "You can't lie to me and say that you don't view me differently now." I try to reach out to Jimin, but he backs away. "No, I don't want you to pity me or act like I need help." 

I roll my eyes and pull him into a tight hug that he tries to struggle out of. "Jimin, I'll admit that I can't look at you without thinking about that right now, but that shouldn't mean that you have to distance yourself from me." Jimin's resisting starts to weaken. "You are my precious baby brother and it hurts me to know that I wasn't there when you needed me."

I know his tears are wetting my coat. "Stop." 

I stroke his head as I continue to explain myself. "Maybe over time I will stop thinking about that, but right now...I can't because when I see you like this I can't help it." My eyes turn hard as I let my next words slip out of my mouth. "I won't rest until that man is behind bars." 

Jimin pulls away from me and stares at me with shaky eyes. "What are you going to do?"

"First I'm going to get you out of that house permanently and then I'm going to try not to really kill someone." 

Jimin's eyes widen at my words, but strong arms from behind me wrap around my stomach. "Okay, let's not get to hasty." I glare at Namjoon who's smirking.

"I mean it. That man has some nerve doing that to you and who knows who else that lives there." I growl and detach Namjoon's arms from around me. "Let's drop Jimin back to Yoongi's okay?"

"Why the rush?" Namjoon ask.

I fold my arms. "Because we could both need a little time to soak this in and I think it's better if we both have our space." I answer and give Jimin a warm smile who looks at me with thankful eyes. "Get some rest."

Jimin nods his head before leading the way to the car.

A/N It's an update! Sorry for such a late update. I need to get my life. I've been so busy and the next few chapters are going to require a lot of detail that takes soooo much brain power that I wasn't ready to unleash yet haha. I have lazy moments, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter and continue to read. Until next time my Burritos, Deuces!