Paint Lover's

Hoseok pov

Of course this would happen.

Why wouldn't it.

It's always like this!

Splash.

I scrub furiously at my face from the dressing room sink. Come off. Get off me!

I lather my hands in soap, making sure each inch of my hands has it; in between my finger, under my nails, even the wrinkles on my knuckles before smearing it on my face. It's like I've been at it for hours when I hear the door swing open then close again.

My shoulders hunch as I prepare myself for another ambush. What will it be this time? Tomatoes? Ketchup? More paint? Maybe something that will leave more permanent damage? How about a freaking bowling ball!

"Hobie?"

Only one person calls me that.

"Kookie..." I finish rinsing the soap from my face and then turn around. "What do you want?"

He eases towards me as he takes in my sight. I look like a washed up clown. "That was terrible what they did to you." I bite down on my lip to suppress my anger. He continues, "You were amazing on stage."

"Yeah, until they ruined it. Now, I'm the laughing stock of the whole show." I grumble, making Jungkook sigh.

"No, you're not. You're over exaggerating." He moves to rub my arm, but I shift away.

"Really, cause it seemed like they couldn't stop laughing. I'm just the town fool. Nothing's changed even with you guys. They just won't stop!" I stomp my foot on the floor as Jungkook flinches at my harsh words.

"Hoseok, you need to calm down. They're going to announce the winner soon and I want you there. You can't give them the satisfaction that they can just scare you off like that."

"You want me to go on stage like this? With all this paint- I'll really be a laughing stock." I mumble. I'm shocked when Jungkook sighs and takes off his suit jacket.

"Here." He begins to unbutton his dress shirt when he speaks again. "Switch clothes with me."

My eyes widen at his words. "No, I can't. We're not even the same size. Not really anyways..." Jungkook's eyes pierce me with such furiosity I have to take a step back.

"You're going to wear my clothes whether you like it or not." I close my eyes when he takes his belt off. "Strip or so help me God I will do it for you."

I gulp and do as he says, "O-okay."

After I take everything off, Jungkook starts putting my clothes on and I slowly put his on. When I turn back to face the mirror again, I frown when I still see some rements of paint in my hair and neck.

Jungkook must notice too because he grabs some paper towels and runs it under the water before gently rubbing it on my neck and the ends of my hair with it. "Perfect." He smiles at me and gives me a tight hug. "We should start heading out."

I pull his suit sleeves down and look at the door like sudden death is behind it. "Kookie, I think it's best if I just stay here."

"Nonsense, you are going to show those bullies you're better than them. Show them that you're not easily pushed around. I believe in you." My heart thumps against my chest from his words and I bow my head in front of him.

"You shouldn't put that much faith in me." Jungkook lifts my chin up and offers a warm smile.

"Yes, I should because you're my friend... you're an amazing person and you should believe in yourself too." He goes behind me and pushes me towards the door. "Get your butt on stage. You don't have to win the competition, just win against your bullies, okay!"