Grocery Store

(Warning this chapter is not innocent)

Jin pov

I walk down the aisles of the grocery store, glancing over every item and reading all the labels. Anything to take my mind off of things. I exhale deeply as Jimin's actions towards me try to invade my head. "You're okay Jin. Just give him some time." I chant.

"I found the red bean paste!" Namjoon yells as he runs up to me coming from the next aisle over.

I nod my head as he drops it into the cart next to me. "That's good." I pull out the grocery list and check off one item. We've been here for 30 minutes and all I have to show for it is a can of red bean paste. " C-" I clear my throat. "Can you get the white rice and lettuce for me?"

"Yeah, I'll be right back." Namjoon steps away like he's about to leave, but surprises me with a quick kiss on the lips. "I love you." I bite my lip and close my eyes.

"Thanks," and with that Namjoon leaves. I rub my tired eyes and lean against the shopping cart.

"Well, look at you getting a boyfriend." I practically jump ten feet in the air from the familar voice.

"Mrs. Seon?" I gasp when I see her fully. She's sitting in an electric chair seeing as both her legs have cast around them and her left arm is in a sling. Beside her is that man she was always going out with.

"Yeah, yeah. I look like crap. Are you happy?" I shake my head and she lets out a dry laugh. "I'm glad I ran into you. You know that night before everything happened... when I saw you and Jimin running away?"

My mind flashes to how I ran past her as she called out for me in the distance. Why was she calling for me? I always assumed it was to tell me to come back. "Yeah, I remember."

"I never got to tell you thank you for what you did and all. You know saving me from my ex husband."

"Ex?"

"Well, we still have to file a few more papers, but yeah I'm leaving his sorry ass and it's about time. He just made my life miserable and I took it out on you." Mrs. Seon smiles with regret present in her eyes. "I owe you an apology and a lot more. The way I treated you and your brother was because of my hatred for my husband and that was wrong of me."

My mouth hangs a gape at her confession and I have to hold on to my shopping cart so I don't tip over. "I don't know what to say. I'm glad you're out of the hospital and um nice to meet you." I bow towards the man with a smile gracing his lips.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Kyung in." He gives a slight bow to me right when Namjoon comes back with the food.

"What's going on here?"

I direct my hand to Mrs. Seon and say, "T-this was my old foster mother Mrs. Seon." Namjoon scans her up and down, probably remembering all of the terrible things he's heard of her, but I'm shocked when he smiles and even shakes her hand.

"Jin, we need to finish shopping soon."

"Oh yeah, it was great seeing you?" I say as I scratch the back of my head.

Mrs. seon shakes her head, "No, it was great seeing you. Thanks again and tell Jimin I said hi and that I'm sorry." When we walk to the next aisle over I let my shoulders relax as my hand massages my chest.

"I didn't expect to see her here." I mumble and Namjoon pulls me into his arms.

"Hey, I'll finish up here. How about you wait in the car?" Namjoon digs through his pocket and hands me the car keys. Then, he takes the crinkled shopping list of of my hands. "I'll be another 15 minutes tops."