Forgiving is Not Easy

Jin pov

"Fine? Okay? Not thinking about how I was forced to do unimaginable things against my will every second of the day?" My chest tightens at his words. "You have your answer." When did Jimin get this closed off...or was he always and I just couldn't see it?

"Jimin, if I was there I would have stopped him." Jimin stands up from his position and walks towards the fence.

"But you weren't there. You weren't there when I needed you...or when I called." He whispers the last part, but I shut my eyes from the impact. "I called out for help and-" He gets choked up and I can tell tears are falling.

I stand up and walk in front of him. His head is lowered as tears fall to the ground. "I'm here now and I want to help you get through this." Jimin shakes his head.

"No, I don't want to have anything to do with you until you can tell me that you didn't kill mom and dad." I freeze up at his request. Is that even possible to fulfill? But-I did kill them...

"Jimin, I don't know if I can do that."

Jimin finally looks me in the eyes as he stabs me in the heart. "Then, I don't think I can forgive you." He shakes his head. "I won't be able to forgive you."

I close my eyes and try to force myself to remain calm, but on the inside my emotions are swirling around. "Jimin, please. I won't be able to last if you cut me off." I swallow the lump in my throat. "You're my whole life. Everything I've done so far has been to benefit you and I- I can't let go of you."

Jimin breathes out slowly. "I can't let you back in until I know the truth." Jimin gives me one final look before walking to the door and leaving me on the roof top by myself.

I run my hand through my hair out of irritation and because I don't know what to do. Was he just saying that because he is still mad or is he really holding a grudge? What he's asking for is impossible to give and that means he'll never talk to me again. How am I suppose to live like this? I just want to see him smile again.

I just want to make him happy...

***

Namjoon starts the engine to his car and pulls away from the school parking lot. I lower my seat down so I'm laying next to him and massage my forehead from the headache that is coming from all the stress. "Are you going to tell me how your talk with Jimin went?"I shake my head as I bite down on my lips, turning them white. "That bad?"

"Worse."

"Well, I can't say that I'm surprised." Namjoon pulls out onto the main road and falls in line with the rest of the cars. "What are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know. He's asking for the impossible." My mind flashes back to his distant form. He doesn't even look like the Jimin I know and love. He's changed so much and I don't like this new side of him that's taken his place.

"What does he want?" I know once I tell him what he asked for he'll bring up the files again, but I can't. I turn over on my side and face the window. "Come on Jin, don't shut me out. I want to see your relationship with Jimin go back to normal too."

"I don't think it ever will." I mumble as tears begin to fall. I curse myself because this is the most I've cried in a while. I know I deserve this, but I didn't know I would still be this hurt by it.

"You know what...sometimes life can seem like a never ending tunnel, but you know what?" I roll over and face him. "A tunnel always has an end and you have the choice to either get caught up in the tunnel or face it head on and reach the end."

I let out a small laugh at his philosophical words. "I thought you were nothing, but a joker. When did you get so smart?" Namjoon smiles at my words.

"Well, I am the class president aren't I?" I nod my head as I pull my seat up.

"Namjoon, do you really believe that I misunderstood the situation?"

He glances at me sideways before answering with, "I believe that you have to know the whole truth whether I'm right...or wrong."

I let out a shaky breath. "Jimin said he won't forgive me until I prove that I didn't kill them."

Namjoon pulls the car up to his house. "So what are you going to do?"

I unbuckle my seat belt and face him. "I don't really want to do this, but...for Jimin." I avert my eyes. "I have to read the file."

A/N I honestly have no idea why I tell you guys when I won't update because I always end up doing an update anyways. Why did I update this? Well, I'm just so full of joy right now. I passed my permit test! I edited this chapter that I wrote mostly yesterday and while waiting for my number to be called to take my picture. But seriously picture me taking this 25 question test with 3 wrong and 5 questions to go. If I got one more wrong I would have failed. I'm not going to lie my hands were shaking, but I did it! I was like oh nah, I'm not taking this test again after waiting an hour for my number to be called. Welp, until next time deuces!!!