Hold Your Breath

Jin pov 

I  walk down the auditorium steps and find a seat next to Hoseok, a boy in my class because he's the only person I somewhat know. He looks up from the manga he's reading and stares at me wide eyed.

"Wow, you decided to sit next to me." He says with unbelief laced in his tone and that's when I notice his whole row is empty. Where did everyone go? I look around and notice the auditorium is stuffed to the brim with seniors , but they somehow managed to avoid this row.

"Why's no one sitting here?" 

He sighs, "No one wants to sit next to horse boy." My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. Is that what people call him? How unoriginal. I can't believe I've never noticed before. He is in my class after all, but I always leave early to get to Jimin.

The sound of someone clearing their throat against the microphone resounds around the auditorium.  I glare when I see Namjoon standing at the podium. He scans the room before his eyes land on me. 

"Hey, babe!" He blast across the room and I shrink in my seat as all eyes settle on me.  I shield my face from their curious glances. "Okay guys, I want to congratulate all of you for making it through the first half of senior year, but we're not done yet. Remember, in order to graduate you're classes must be in order and you must sustain from suspensions and getting in trouble because they take away your merit points."

I close my eyes as he continues to give basic information that everyone knows. "And that includes, bullying. I'm talking to all of you who thought it was funny to throw Hoseok's books in the toilet. You better watch out because when I find out who you are, you're finished." 

I take a peak at his face and there's not a trace of his usual jester personality, he's dead serious. I glance at Hoseok who is clutching his backpack for dear life. His face is turning red and his eyes shift to the floor. "Are you alright?" 

Hoseok doesn't seem to hear me and I leave it alone like that for the rest of the meeting until we're dismissed. Hoseok quickly leaves the auditorium like the devil is hot on his heels while I just rise from my seat.

When I feel a hand on my shoulder I jerk away, but relax when I realize it's just Namjoon. "What do you want now?"

"Just wanted to check on you. You seemed a little tense during the meeting. Is everything okay?" He inquires. My heart aches because I wish I could tell someone my problems and share my worries with them, but I can't.

"Yeah, I just couldn't stand listening to your voice for so long." I reply while walking past him.

"Hey, wait up princess." I turn around in one swift motion and glare at him.

"Stop calling me that. I'm not your princess." 

Namjoon gives me his signature dimple smile and pulls me closer so the only thing separating us is my hands on his chest. "But you will be." He releases me and I'm frozen in place. "I'll see you around."

He walks away like he owns the place and I finally snap out of it. It's lunch time and Jimin is waiting for me. I need to go see him. His smiling face always makes me feel better. I just hope that he's feeling better than yesterday.

When I'm about to enter his class I'm stopped by Jungkook I think his name was. "I need to talk to you."

"About?"

"Please, let Jimin perform. He's really good and as of now the acts aren't that good." He begs.

I look down at his pleading eyes. "I'm sorry, but Jimin won't be available." I go to walk into Jimin's class, but I'm stopped again.

"Wait, what do you want. I know you don't like Namjoon. We work together so I could figure out a way to get him off your back." Even though I do like the sound of that, I can't accept because it's impossible.

"Excuse me." I push past him and kick myself for being so rude, but I have to check up on Jimin. He's laughing with this one kid. I've met him before, but I can't seem to remember his name. He seems to have dyed his hair from black to brown though.

"Jin, I was beginning to wonder where you were." Jimin exclaims. "You've met Taehyung." 

I'm glad he said his name again because that could have been embarrassing. "Yeah, hi."

Taehyung waves at me and focuses back on Jimin. I notice the way his eyes light up just by seeing Jimin smile at him. Oh boy.

"Jin, I was waiting for you because I wanted to ask if I could eat lunch with Taehyung today." I can tell that Jimin wants the alone time and I give it to him.

"Yeah, I'll be alright." I answer.

"Okay." Taehyung pulls Jimin along with him towards the door and they vanish out of my sight. 

I sigh and my eyes happen to land at the Yoongi kid Jimin is obsessed about. I notice how his eyes are also trained on the door Jimin just exited and raise an eyebrow. Well, that's interesting.

I shrug and head towards the roof. I always go there when Jimin feels like branching out and eating with some of his other friends. It gives me time to breath too and collect myself. When I get to the roof I lean up again the wall and open my boxed lunch.

I eat the rice that has absolutely no flavor and no sides to accompany it because I gave them all to Jimin. I smile knowing that he's probably enjoying his lunch. I know for a fact that if we ate together he would have insisted that I get some of his sides, but I always decline.

The sound of the rusty door cracking open alerts my attention to the fact that I'm no longer alone to my thoughts. I peak behind the wall and see Hoseok slowly walking towards the tall fence that wraps around the roof about 7 feet high. He grips onto the fence through the holes and just stands there.

His head tips downwards as his eyes travel to the parking lot below. He must stay in that position for a a good 5 minutes before he backs away and walks out the door again, leaving me alone. When the door slams, I release the breath I've been holding.

If that fence wasn't there...what would he have done?

A/N Not gonna lie. This was a pretty intense chapter. Tell me what you all thought of how I introduced Taehyung and Hoseok to the story. And lets not forget Jungkook even though he was in the first chapter. This is going to get interesting (if it's not already interesting to you). Like, Comment, Share, and add to your reading list. Stay tuned till next time my Burritos.