Shut In

Jin pov

I drum my nails on the kitchen counter as I wait for Mr. Kim to come back from his attorney's office. Due to scheduling he was only able to go see his attorney today instead of on Monday. It's been three days since the assault making it Thursday and everyone is on edge.

I can feel that I'm not in my right mind and so can everyone else around me. Even the children have been trying to comfort me, but at the same time they're keeping their distance. Almost as if I'll blow up on them and I can't be certain that I won't.

Everything is a mess. After what happened to Jimin...Ugh. I shake my head just thinking about him. Long story short Jimin refuses to leave the guest room in Yoongi's house no matter how much we beg. He hasn't been to school since Monday and I'm worried because all day he's left alone with his thoughts.

I remember going when I brought him back there with Yoongi. It was as if something in his brain clicked. That behind those four walls was the only safe place. Yoongi messages Namjoon every now and then to give me updates and they don't seem to restore hope. If anything they drop it lower than before the message.

I sigh deeply as I Namjoon enters the room. He knows that I'm still on edge about the whole ordeal and I'm just waiting for him to give me a lecture on self control. The funny thing is that day he never did even after I beat Mr. Il senseless. I guess he wanted to do the same thing but had to be the calm one in the situation.

"Jin... My dad says he's on his way back." I nod my head but can't seem to speak up. What should I say? I feel like I've spoken too much already by just nodding my head. I settle for burying my head in my hands and massaging my temples.

Namjoon sits on the stool next to me and takes my hands in his. "I hate seeing you like this." I try to say something but my voice cracks. "You don't have to speak just listen." He takes my silence as a cue to continue. "What you did on Monday. That was what anyone who saw someone harming their family member would have done. I'm not even related to Jimin and I wanted to- look, don't beat yourself up about that. You had a right to be angry. I know that you're worried about Jimin and how he's taking everything, but just know that everyone has their own coping method. Jimin is just trying to get a grasp on what to think right now."

Namjoon starts rubbing small circles on my hands to alleviate stress, but I'm still tense. "J-Joonie...I can't shake the feeling that I can't help him. Like this time around I can't do anything to make him feel better." I let out a shaky breath as I confess the truth. "It's like he's stumbling in the darkness and I'm just letting him. How am I supposed to help him?"

Namjoon frowns at my words right when Mr. Kim walks into the kitchen. "Great, you're both here. Our first court hearing has been pushed up to next monday. My lawyer says it would be wise to keep you away from Mr. Il and wants to put a restraining order on him against Jimin."

I nod my head slowly as I digest the information. So, I shouldn't go finish the job at Flowers of Hope is what he's saying. "Thank you."

Mr. Kim shakes his head. "No, I'm more than happy to be doing this especially after his attempted murder. That man is going to drown in charges he won't see the light of day again. My lawyer did say it would be nice if we could secure another witness to back up Jimin's claims."

Namjoon interjects now, "How about Minjae? He lives there and knows the horrors." Mr. Kim thinks for a moment.

"Can you contact him? I'll get my lawyer on the phone."

Namjoon nods his head. "Yeah, give me a second."

                                  ***
Jimin pov

"Hey, Jimin...I brought you something to eat." Mrs. Min says sweetly as she enters the room. She places the food on the counter next to the last dish that only has one bite in it from the piece of bread that was there. "If you want anything don't be afraid to ask, okay?"

I continue to stare blankly at the wall in front of me as I pull the bed sheets closer to my chest. When she leaves I hug my knees to my chest and sniffle as my body shakes. The sound of the door opening makes my heart slam into my chest, but I exhale when Yoongi enters the room.

He doesn't say a word as he enters and just climbs into bed next to me. He wraps his arms around my quivering body and rocks me back and forth as he strokes my head. His soft breathing helps me to even out my own breathing and I sink into his arms. "I'm here for you."

We stay in that position for another 10 minutes before Yoongi pulls away. I notice how he glances at the purple ring around my neck and frowns. I shift my hands in the blankets and cover my neck from his view. I don't want him to see. I don't want him to pity me. I find myself turning away and burying my head in the mattress.

"Jimin, what's wrong?" At my silence Yoongi lowers himself next to me and rubs my back soothingly. "You're safe here." His words fall on deaf ears as he continues to reassure me that nothing will happen here.

I know that I've trapped myself in this room, but that doesn't mean I think it's safe. It's just the one place that Mr.Il hasn't touched. "Yoongi... why am I the only one that's suffering like this?" I sniffle.

Yoongi's hand freezes on back from my words and I'm shocked when he turns me around to face him. I can't help the gasp that escapes my lips from the way his face is twisted in agony. "You think that I'm not feeling anything from all of this? Do you honestly not know how much I'm torn up on the inside?"

Yoongi searches my eyes for answers, but I'm too shocked to even process his words. "When I saw him- it took everything in me not to join Jin, but I knew you were more important because Jimin..." Yoongi bows his head as his eyes flutter shut. He takes a few breathes as he tries to reel in his emotions.

He bites his lips so hard they begin to turn white. "I-I love you so much and I hate to see you frowning. I hate to see you upset, crying and faking that you're happy." Yoongi laughs dryly as his hands cup my cheeks. "You're so precious to me and that's why I'm suffering too. I know I probably can't compare to you, but I want to take some of the weight off of you too."

My mouth opens and closes at his words, unable to gather my thoughts. It's as if everything was hitting me at once. First Mr. Il and seeing Jin lose it. Now Yoongi confessing to me yet again. I can't take all of this. How am I supposed to take all of this in?

My eyes snap to Yoongi's as he smiles down at me. "I don't expect you to say anything about that now, but I want you to know that you're not in this alone." Yoongi shifts in the bed and gets up before grabbing my plate. "Now eat."

One look at him and I know he's serious. So I sit up in the bed and take the chopsticks off the plate. I instantly regret it as they shake in my hand. I can feel my sweat building up as well.  "Can you feed me?" I ask with my eyes down caste.

Yoongi takes the chopsticks out of my hands. "Yeah."

A/N That was a sweet way to end the chapter. Awwwww! Don't forget to vote, comment and add my story to your reading list. Quick question. In my next fanficton, what BTS pairing would you like to see next? Yoonmin, Namkook, Namjin, another Vhope, Have sort of sequel of my last story Ship Us to Make Us with telling how the other pairings got together. Like go into depth on how Jimin and Jungkook hooked up or Namjoon and Jin. That sort of thing? Let me know in the comments. Until next time my lovely Burritos, DEUCES!