Acquaintances Unite

Jin pov

It's a massive stare down.

Jimin eyes Hoseok

Who eyes Yoongi

Who glares at Jungkook

Who shrugs in his seat

Namjoon chuckles nervously and looks at me for help, but I'm just as confused.

And Taehyung is too busy texting on his phone to see the impending storm that's brewing.

"So...lets eat." Jungkook says as he pulls out his lunch box and digs into his food.

The clanking of silverware is only making the awkward tension rise and I try to focus on something else. So I watch the other students laugh and chat with each other in the cafeteria. That's what true friendship looks like, but sadly we're a far cry from it.

"Well, this isn't working." Taehyung says as he places his phone on the table.

"No kidding." Yoongi grumbles. "I somehow got dragged into this by Jimin."

Jimin laughs lightly while scratching his head. "I wanted to spend lunch with you too, but I promised Taehyung I would be here." He bows slightly. "I'm sorry."

Yoongi turns his head and picks up some rice with his chopsticks. "Whatever."

"You can go if you want." Hoseok mumbles as he stares at his food like it's the plague. "I know you were all forced for my sake... just leave already." Jungkook immediately shakes his head and denies it.

"No, please. Everyone here is worried about your well being- at least a little bit. Right guys." Jungkook looks at us for conformation and we nod our heads slowly. "See, even Yoongi cares." Yoongi huffs, but doesn't deny it. "It's just that we're not used to sitting together yet, but we'll get there."

"I think what we all need is a little ice breaker. How about everyone shares an interesting fact about themselves." Jimin beams, trying to smooth over the situation. I chuckle at how he's always trying to make light of the bad stuff. I guess I could help him out a little.

"I'm an excellent cook." I start off.

"Great, who's next." Jungkook questions and Jimin raises his hand.

"I like to dance, but most of you all know that." He sticks out his tongue to think. "I'm really good at doing aegyo." I roll my eyes because I know it's true and I can't help, but notice the way Yoongi seems to be paying more attention to whatever Jimin says. He's so readable.

"...I play the piano when ever I get the chance." Yoongi mumbles and takes a bite of his food.

"Oh piano man. I had no idea. You're always so quiet." Jungkook chimes in, but his face flattens when he realizes that not everyone is as pumped. He clears his throat. "Well, I can sing. Although I only do it as a hobby."

Namjoon adds that, "I've heard you sing while doing some paper work. You're really talented." This makes Jungkook visibly shy away.

"I'm not that good..." He plays with his shirt sleeve a little and stuffs some food into his mouth. Namjoon takes that as his turn to share something.

"I like to rap." This makes everyone stare at him in astonishment. "What? I'm a man of many talents."

"Who's your favorite rapper?" Yoongi questions with more interest in his eyes.

"ASAP Rocky and Kanye West." Namjoon answers while leaning over the table suddenly more interested in the conversation.

"I see, we have to talk then." Yoongi smirks at his new found friend. Namjoon chuckles and hold out his hand for Yoongi to shake.

"You bet we do." They shake hands and it's like some new bond was made. All who's left is Taehyung and Hoseok. Seeing as it's fitting we wait for Taehyung to share deeming that Hoseok should be last.

"...I don't think I have some hidden talent. Not one that's notable." He mumbles, but Jimin urges him on. "I did something risky for once." All ears tune into what he's going to say. "I-I gave my number to a stranger who hit on me." Taehyung blurts out and Jimin slaps his shoulder.

"You did not?" Taehyung's ears turn red as he buries his face in his hands.

"I did...it's so shameful." Jimin shakes his head and squeezes the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"Please tell me he's not twice your age."

Taehyung waves his hands in front of his face. "No-of course he isn't. I think he's about our age. His name is Minjae and he's really charming and we've been texti-"

"Minjae? Wait, where did you meet him?" Jimin asks pesters.

"At Bapoon. He works there apparently." Taehyung answers and Jimin sits back in his seat.

"That's my friend. Bapoon must be the restaurant that he works at now." Jimin states. "He's a good guy. Trust me." Taehyung glances at his phone and smiles.

"I do."

There's a moment of silence before Hoseok speaks up. "I like to dance too." All of us gasp at his contribution to the conversation.

Jungkook's eyes shine as he holds Hoseok's hands out of pure joy. "That's amazing. You know I was looking for someone to perform at talent show in 2 weeks if you're up for it?" Hoseok's lip twitches as he glances around the table at all the amused faces.

"I don't know. I'm not that good..." He trails off.

"Nonsense. Look if you really don't believe in your skills we could have an audition to see if you're good enough." Jungkook smoothes over, but Hoseok's forehead begins to sweat.

"Can it just be you?" Hoseok asks timidly, but Jungkook readily complies.

"Sure, if you want I could come over to your house today and you could show me?" Hoseok plays with his shirt sleeve and gulps.

"Okay..." I smile at the progress he's making to open up a little more and find myself glancing at Jimin who is staring off into space.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I ask as I poke his cheek. Jimin snaps his gaze to me and relaxes in his seat.

"Oh nothing...just the fact that you and Namjoon seem quite cozy sitting so close to each other." He teases, catching me off gaurd to say the least. I scoot my chair a little further away and blush.

"Cozy-who's cozy? We just so happened to be-"

"I'm happy for you." Is all Jimin says before joining the others in their more vibrant conversation. I give him a quizzical look before tuning back into everyone else. They all seem a lot more relaxed after the ice breaker as they laugh a little between each comment and ask more questions.

...acquaintances huh....

A/N And there goes the friendship. How nice. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and continue to read more about it. Also, don't forget to vote and comment. Last thing I made another book. It's basically a question and answers series about me. If you want to know more about moi let me know in that book. Until next time, Deuces.

P.s it's called All You Had To Do Was Ask.