Who's To Blame

Jin pov

A flood gate of emotions take over as I process the information Minjae just gave me. It's as if I was hit by a freight train as I stare at Jimin's tiny form.

He's so fragile and I let all of this happen to him. I should have been able to see it. No- It should have never gotten to this point.

My eyes sting with tears as I choke out,  "Oh God, It's all my fault." I can't think clearly as memories plaster themselves onto my brain.

"No it's not." Jimin says, but I know it is. Everything bad that's happened is because of me.

"Jin, it's not your fault." Namjoon comforts trying to hold me in his arms, but I tear his arms away from me. I don't deserve his kindness. "Don't touch me!"

Jimin wipes his tears away. "W-why is it your fault?" 

My heart turns to dust as my words get caught in my throat. "Because, I killed them."

Jimin searches my eyes for a moment. "W-what?"

"I'm the reason mom and dad died!" I scream as I try to hold onto my sanity, but I feel it slipping. I watch as Jimin gets off the floor and stands in front of me with anger flaring in his eyes.

"Y-you-no. Jin, please tell me you're lying." He says while clenching his fist.

All I can do is close my eyes and bow my head. I can't look him in the eyes. He pushes past everyone and I hear the exit door close behind me. That's when I finally allow my eyes to open and notice everyone is staring at me.

"Jin." Namjoon says, but I just give him an exhausted look before walking towards the exit. I can hear foot steps following me as I push the door open, but I just speed up. I see Jimin outside pacing the ground, but I turn in the opposite direction.

A hand reaches out to grab me and spins me around. Namjoon's breath smokes in the crisp air as he pants from chasing after me. "Jin, don't run off like this."

"I can't get it out of my head." I whisper as Namjoon pulls me into his arms.

"I have to hear the whole story. There's no way you actually killed your parents." He says as he waits for me to calm down. As I'm faced this way, I can see Yoongi talking to Jimin who seems so distraught and I grimace.

"Namjoon." I let out a shaky breath and look at the busy street. This is not the right place to be having this conversation. "Can you take me some place quiet? I can't hear myself think."

Namjoon nods his head and pulls me away from the busy street and towards his car.

                               ***
Jimin pov

I bite my nails down to the stub as I pace the ground. Everything that I thought I knew about my life is wrong and I'm past my breaking point. I don't care that I look like a nervous wreck or that I'm losing my mind. I just need to clear my head.

A pair of shoes stop in front of me and I look up to meet Yoongi's worried face. "Go away." However, his feet stay planted firmly as he exhales deeply.

"When you were being so secretive I had no idea- I didn't know that what you were going through was this bad." I swallow the saliva in my throat as he continues to apologize. "I should have been a better friend."

"I feel so dirty and it won't go away." I hiccup as Yoongi holds me in his arms. 

"Do you want to spend the night at my house?" He offers.

"Yeah, I don't want to go back." Yoongi pulls away and grabs my hand right when everyone else comes out. Jungkook, Hoseok and Taehyung stare at me with pity, making me feel really small. Then Minjae runs up to me and stops me in my tracks.

"Where are you going?" He inquires as his eyes lock on Yoongi holding my hand.

"I'm going to sleep over at Yoongi's house." I sniffle. "I can't go back there."

Minjae sighs, but doesn't protest. "Alright, that's probably for the best." 

I let my eyes travel down the row and take in everyone standing a few feet away. It's almost like they're scared I'll break if they get any closer. "Please don't treat me any differently." I say to all of them before I start walking again with Yoongi. 

                                                                                               ***

Jin pov

Namjoon parks his car underneath a bridge and unbuckles his seat belt. "Jin, I need you to tell me the truth. How did you become an orphan?" 

I look out into the distance at the black water that reflects the moon in it. Then, I stare up at the night sky that has no stars shining probably because the city lights overpower them. "It was an accident."Namjoon holds my hand as I choke on a sob. "I promise...it was an accident." 

"You're not making any sense. Can you start from the beginning?" 

We love you, Jin...

Jin, don't forget...

Jin...

Jin...

Jin...

"Their voices won't get out of my head." I whisper as I hold my head. "My parents-if I had- done things differently. If I wasn't in such a rush...none of this would have happened."

Namjoon watches as I crumble in the seat next to him. "Jin, please calm down." He reaches in his back seat and hands me a water bottle. "Drink this then take a couple of breaths."

With shaky fingers, I unscrew the lid and put the tip of the bottle to my lips. 

I close my eyes and open my mind to that day. 

The day I accidentally ended my parents life.

A/N Woah, so intense right. I decided to really draw this out because well it makes for an exciting reveal. Plus, I love suspense. What can I say I really want to milk this one. Tell me your thoughts and feelings about this chapter. Please people that read my story, but don't comment. I want to read your thoughts too. You are all important. Welp, until next time my lovely Burritos.