Listen To Me

Jimin pov

Dr. Nam eyes me as I sit down on the red couch in the center of the room, "Want to know something interesting?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, but shrug as I answer with, "Sure."

"There's a reason I offer my clients three places to sit. The people who choose to sit in the bean bag chair all far in the corner tend to have a more closed off start to my sessions. They aren't ready to open up and can't wait to leave." I stare at the floor for being caught. I didn't want to be here yesterday at all. "The ones that sit on the couch are pumped and ready to sort out their problems on the classic movie couch. Then, you have the hammock people who could care less either way and just answer to pass the time."

Dr. Nam smiles at me as he points to the couch. "It seems as if you've come more ready to open up. If I'm honest with you. Going to counseling is not what people dream of doing. It might be considered what weak people do, but it's the brave people that take full advantage of the opportunity to have someone help them think through their problems."

I gulp as he smiles at me through his bunny costume he's wearing. "I guess..."

"Have any good news?"

I scratch the back of my head. "I talked everything out with Jin and we settled our differences, but I haven't had a chance to write anything in my journal yet."

"That's a step in the right direction. I do encourage you to write in your journal though."

I let my eyes slide towards the floor. "Eventually."

***
April 28th

"How was your day?"

"Alright. I think the rumors are starting to die down a little."

"Great."

***
April 29th

"I started dancing during lunch again. My best friend Taehyung let's me borrow his phone and sometimes my other friend Yoongi will come watch too."

***

April 30th

"You seem to be in a bad mood today. What's wrong?"

I fold my arms and sink into the couch. "I take back what I said about the rumors dying down. Apparently, someone at school has a parent that is an attorney and my case is the biggest one that's happened in the last 2 months. He won't stop talking about it."

"Hey, at least you're popular." He smiles and I glare.

***

April 31st

"Yoongi is just a friend."

"Oh yeah, I'm sure 'friends' would wait outside here for an hour everyday. Where's your 'best' friend Taehyung again?"

"We're not even like that." I grumble.

***
May 1st

"How is that journal coming along?"

"It's good. I, uh, wrote a chart on... if Yoongi is worth dating. I mean I'm not stressing or anything. I just wanted to weigh my options." I answer lamely.

"Oh, and how'd that go?"

"Eric...you sound a little too eager to know." He blinks twice and claps his hands together as he let's out an overly happy laugh.

"I've only known you for two weeks and I'm dying to know if you'll let him in."

"Well, the list didn't help." I mumble.

***
May 2nd

"Your trial is tomorrow. Are you ready to face the music?"

I fiddle with my fingers as the image of sitting so close to Mr. Il pops into my head. "I was hoping you wouldn't ask me that."

"Well, this is the main reason you're here. You need to sort out your feelings dealing with the trial and being a rape victim." I flinch at the words.

"Right, I- I can handle it."

"No need to lie if you're not ready. No one's rushing you to be fine with what happpened. You don't even have to be ready for the trial tomorrow."

I let out a shaky breath. "I can handle it."

***
May 3rd

Jin pov

"How are you? Did you sleep well? Did you eat breakfast?" I ask through the phone as Namjoon drives us to the court house. The sound of steady breathing can be heard from the other side and I bite down on my lips.

"I couldn't hold anything down." Jimin answers truthfully. "...I can't testify."

My mind runs a mile a minute at how small Jimin sounds. "When you get there meet me at the front."

There's a small sniffle and silence. "...I'll be there in 5 minutes." He whispers quietly and I say a quick goodbye before hanging up.

Please, Jimin. Don't back out now.

***

My feet can't carry me fast enough as I fly up the steps to meet Jimin who's anxiously rubbing his arm and looks as pale as a ghost. A little further back, Yoongi stands with his hands in his pockets. "Jimin!" I call out, making his attention focus on me.

He meets me half way and I can tell right away that he's been crying. Probably all night if I had to guess. "You can do this."

"I-I can't even s-stop stuttering." His eyes are like giant saucers as he looks up at me. I sigh as I think of how to calm him down.

"Listen to me." I hold the sides of his arms and stare him directly in the eyes. "I have faith in you. No matter how many people are in there just remember that no one is rushing you when you explain what happened. Take your time and zone everything out. Forget how important this is and that Mr. Il is in the room. Just focus on yourself."

Jimin's eyes search mine for a moment before he gulps and closes his eyes. "What if I forget halfway through? What if I choke up?"

I pull Jimin into my arms, "You won't. Just breathe and say what needs to be said."

He pulls away and nods his head. "T-thanks."

"You can do this."

A/N sorry for the late update. It feels like it's been a century. My goodness, time flies am I right? I'm used to updating virtually everyday, but it's been a week and a half. Oh, update on my life! My birthday was august 1st and I'm officially 18! Cheers! Don't forget to vote, comment and add to your reading list! Until next time deuces my Burritos!