Cheer Up Hoseok

Third person pov

The two walk down the crowded strip of shops ranging from clothing stores to arcades, small businesses and restaurants. Everyone seems to be out tonight even though it's a Monday. The sun is setting in the distance as the street lamps replace it's light. A chilling breeze darts through the mass of people walking in multiple directions, making them pull their coats closer to their bodies. 

The two hurry to a building that stands alone in the midst of all the traffic and gaze up at the sign hanging on top of a two story building that reads Bapoon. The older of the two brows furrow. "Hoseok lives here?"

The younger nods his head. "Yeah, his family owns the restaurant." He says curtly before opening the doors. The bell rings as they step inside to the busy restaurant. People are chatting at every corner and people of all ages are sitting at the tables. 

Waiters and waitresses balance dishes on their hands as they maneuver through tables. Jungkook spots the front desk in the corner of the establishment and walks over to the man that must be at least 18 years old. Taehyung gaps at the teenagers angelic face and dark brown hair that is swept of perfectly. 

The teen stands up from the stool he was sitting in and welcomes the two. "Hello, my name is minjae. We're a little busy right now. If you don't mind the wait-"

"Actually we're here to visit the owners son Hoseok." Jungkook states as he looks over Minjae's shoulder and to the steps that lead to the house part of the restaurant. 

"Oh, one second. I'll let his mother know." He calls out into the distance and a short lady with a bob walks over to them. "These two want to see Hoseok."

"Jungkook, glad to see you. Thanks for the call the other night." She beams gratefully. 

Jungkook smiles and replies with, "No problem. My friend and I actually wanted to see Hoseok. Is he awake?" Her face instantly deflates as her gaze shifts to the steps. 

"Yeah he's awake. Can't promise you that he'll want to talk though. If you really want to see him the stairs are right there for your use." She motions towards them dismissively with her hand. "I've tried everything to get him out of bed, but he isn't having it." 

They both nod their heads and thank her for allowing them into her house. Taehyung gulps as him and Jungkook spare a glance at each other before walking up the creaky steps. Their feet make the floor boards crack and it does nothing to put their hearts at ease.

They both breath out when they reach the top, thankful that they don't have to hear the haunting noise anymore. Then, it's a guessing game as they stare down the dark hallways. There are four doors and each leads to a different section of the house. They could go back down the steps to ask Mrs.Jung which room is his, but neither one of them wants to venture down the gloomy staircase again.

It's actually the sound of someone sniffling that brings them to the last door on the right. Jungkook's shaky hands knock on the warn out wood door. "Hoseok, it's Jungkook from school. I came with Taehyung to check on you..."

Foot steps pace the floor and all that can be seen is Hoseok's shadow moving back and forth behind the door. "Will you open up?" Taehyung adds, nervously. He's never been in a situation like this and it makes his hands feel clammy. There's a click from the door and it slowly opens to reveal an exhausted Hoseok.

"Come in." He mumbles as he walks to his bed. Jungkook examines his grey skin and the dark bags under his eyes. He's still in his pajamas and it seems like he's been hibernating in his room from all the plates of food that are sitting on his desk and wrinkled bed sheets.