Confrontation

Jimin pov

The walk to Jin's classroom feels like an eternity as I pass the students still gossiping about me in the hallway. The only difference is this time I don't cower away in fear. I keep my head held high because I only have one thing on my mind.

I must talk to Jin.

I have to get these things off my chest and I need Jin to understand where I'm coming from. When I reach his classroom door, I take a deep breath before opening it.

"Jin!" I call out silencing the class and getting Jin's attention. "I need to talk to you." My hand is still on the door as he gets out of his chair and walks over to me with a confused expression on his face.

"Okay, lets go some place quiet." I promptly turn around and start walking down the hallway again. Jin follows closely behind me asking what all this is about, but I refuse to speak until we reach the roof.

When the door shuts, I breath out and close my eyes. "Jimin, why did you call me out here?" I continue to inhale and exhale as I gather my strength. "Jimin?"

I open my eyes slowly and stare Jin in the eyes. "I'm going to take my therapist's advice and be honest with you. I need to get this off my chest so that I can move on."

"Okay, you can tell me anything."

"Jin, I do love you. That wasn't a lie. You're always there for me no matter what and would do anything to protect me. I'm more than grateful to you for that..."

Jin nods his head and weakly says, "Thank you."

"But, I-I'm not okay. I'm not happy. I'm not in a good mood. Matter of fact I feel like my life keeps getting worse." I stop and wait for his reaction.

"Jimin, why are you telling me this?" Jin questions and I force myself to look at his hurt face.

"Because...because I'm tired of having to be happy for you. I'm tired of having to pretend that I'm perfect with the situation going on when I'm not. I just want to be broken Jimin for a while." I wipe the tears that start to fall from my eyes. "I think I started pretending when I noticed how much you relied on my answers to always be positive."

"I didn't know-"

"I know you didn't." I sniffle. "I made sure you didn't."

"Still... I'm sorry." He pauses. "I have to be honest about why I did that. Why I relied on you so much. When I thought I killed our parents...that was when I stopped letting myself be happy. I didn't think I deserved it at all and thought as long as you were happy I could live."

Jin looks at the ground as he continues, "I always thought that if you were happy, it didn't matter if I wasn't and I was wrong for putting that pressure on you. I'm sorry, Jimin." He cries and I step closer to hug him. He wraps his arms around me and buries his face in my neck. "I'm sorry. I never wanted to make you feel like happiness was a chore."

I rub his back and smile since I feel like a part of my burden has been lifted. "Jin, I forgive you." I pull away, but I still have more to say. "I'm not finished...about Mr.Il. The way he just brushed off the charges like he was innocent. It made me feel like a liar. Like I was doing this just to spite him."

At my words, Jin shakes his head and holds my hands. "No, I know you would never lie about that. He just doesn't want to go to prison is all."

Unable to look Jin in the eyes any longer, I pull away and start pacing. "I know, but remember when you were glad I was going to a place I was familiar with? Well, I wasn't because- the first time I went to Flowers of Hope Mr. Il was-" I can barely finish the sentence, so I switch. "You know and he would say that if I tried to stop him, he would punish me and that's why whenever something that could hurt me happens I clam up."