Defend me, Break me

Jin pov

I stare at the clouds that hang across the sky; the different shapes and sizes. I imagine myself drifting high up into the air leaving everything behind for a minute. I imagine my life without everyone. Without my foster parents and without Jimin and feel my shoulders relax.

Immediately, I curse myself for wishing for a life without Jimin. I could never abandon him but I can't help but feel a sense of peace every time I think of not having to worry about him constantly. I rub my eyes as I hear the door to the roof slam.

I peak from behind the wall that shields me. Hoseok has his back against the door, but then a series of slams and kicks against the door have him struggling to keep it closed as he holds the knob. Jimin's face crosses my mind and I'm kicked into high gear, I run over to him and press my back against the door and help him keep it closed.

His eyes are shut tightly as he prays silently that they'll give up. After another minute, the rage of the people banging on the door dwindles and their foot steps echo down the steps. I fall to the floor and exhale deeply.

My curious eyes follow Hoseok as he walks towards the fence and lets out a blood curtailing scream. I plug my ears from the veracity, but frown at the pain behind it. He pants with his shoulders visibly rising and falling.

Then, he turns around and sits leaning against the fence. "Hoseok." I call from the door. His eyes meet mine. "You can talk to me if you want...about it."

His mouth contorts into an awkward position like he's fixing to say something, but can't find the right words. "It's so hard." He breathes out. 

I get up from the floor and walk towards him, then I sit beside him. "Yeah, I know." 

He pulls his legs up to his chest and buries his head in his knees. "I'm so tired." 

"Me too." His body shakes and his knuckles turn white from the way they grip his elbows. I hear him sniffle and that's all it takes before he's full on balling.

I want to cry too, but I don't let the tears fall. I can't allow myself that luxury. The other night I slipped up, but I won't anymore. I don't deserve it.

Instead, I let Hoseok cry until his hearts content and watch the clouds pass over us. I press my lips into a thin line as my mind travels to Jimin. I hope his lunch is going better.

                                                                                                  *** 

After Hoseok finished crying we parted ways. Well, I left him to the comfort of the roof because he obviously needed it more than me and went back to my class. Regrettably, Namjoon was waiting for me.

"Hey." 

"No, flirty catch phrases today?" I respond sarcastically.

"Nope, just wanted to talk for real." He says while giving me a sincere smile. I eye him up and down before sitting in my desk suspiciously. 

"About what?" 

"How's everything with you?" He asks simply, but that question is anything but simple.

"Fine, and you?" I reply shortly.

"I could be better. I actually wanted to ask if we could start over." Namjoon questions. 

"Start what over? We never started anything as far as I'm concerned." I give him a confused look, making him sigh.

"I mean, I want you to know that I genuinely like you and want you to take my advances seriously." He holds out his hand. "So will you shake on it? From now on I'll be more serious in my ways of approaching you."

I'm about to slap his hand away when Jimin enters the room. "Jin!" When he sees Namjoon he slings his arm over his shoulder and adds, "Prez!"

Namjoon flashes his dimples and ruffles Jimins hair which I glare at. Why is he touching him like they're best friends? "You came right on time. I was just asking Jin to restart everything with me."

"Oh, really? That seems interesting. I think you should." Jimin gives me a puppy dog face and I sigh in defeat.

"Okay, but stop with the pet names."

"But I like princess."

"Especially not princess." Namjoon frowns but complies.

"Okay, but you have to promise that if we ever start dating that I can call you that again." I roll my eyes, but nod my head anyways because I know that that would never happen.

"Okay, I've moved to 1st base." He fist pumps the air and I look at Jimin oddly and he just shrugs.

"And what's first base?"

"Getting you to talk to me without insulting me." I roll my eyes and turn to Jimin.

"Did you need me for something?" At my question Jimin's face lights up.

"Yup, I wanted to tell you that I made a break through with Yoongi. I think he actually has feelings. He asked if I was okay when he thought that I was sick." Jimin beams, but I raise my eyebrows.

"Why would he think that you were sick?"

"Well, I ran to the bathroom because...you know duties call and I had a sudden case of the runs so- you know where this is going?" Both Namjoon and I, nod our heads in disgust.

"Spare me the details." I say while raising my hands in front of me. Jimin laughs at my actions.

"What, it's natural?" Jimin teases. "Or do you not like to hear about the brown feces that leave my body as they plop into the toilet?" I gape in horror and feel my throat close up.

"Where are your manners?" I cry.

"Oh, they're somewhere." Jimin jokes when Jungook walks in.

"Namjoon, you're needed by the principal." Namjoon nods his head and begins to walk away, but not without sneakily kissing my cheek.

I hold my cheek in shock,"What the-"

"See yeah later!" He calls as he leaves with Jungkook. Well, at least he didn't use princess. I sigh and sink into my seat.

"Aw, you two would be so cute together. Why don't you date him already?" Jimin questions. I puff out my cheeks and pout.

"We would not be cute together. We would be horrible. He's so-"

"Affectionate?"

"Yeah, it makes my skin crawl." I shiver.

"Only cause you're not used to it." Jimin chimes in.

"Whatever...I don't want to get used to it." I respond.

"Why not. I think a relationship would be good for you." Jimin says with gleaming eyes and I can't help but soften towards him.

"Why don't you find someone you like. What about that Taehyung person?" I suggest shifting the conversation from my love life to his. "He seems to like you."

"Tae, like me-yeah right?" He brushes off. "We're just good friends." 

I smile at his innocence. "If you say so."

A/N Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you all think in the comments. I love to see your reactions. Remember to vote, comment, add to your reading list and share. Until next time my burritos. Deuces.