More evidence needed

Jimin pov

"Can you tell us how your morning went?"

My eyes flicker over to Minjae seated in the witness stand. He's staring straight ahead and he looks as confident as ever. He nods his head before he begins to speak. "Yes, I woke up at 6 am like I do every morning. I did my usual morning routine; stretch, go to the bathroom, defecate, urinate, brush my teeth, bath and change into my work clothes...that sort of thing." My cheeks flare at how open he's being.

"Oh, and I sent a good morning text to Taehyung, my boyfriend, he's sitting in the seats over there." He points to Taehyung who is covering his face out of embarrassment. "After that I went down stairs to the kitchen and got an apple and headed off to work."

"Did you take any detours to work?"

Minjae shakes his head. "No, I just hopped on the train and went to work."

"How long were you there?"

Minjae scratches the back of his head. "Well, my shift was supposed to end at 1, but I wasn't feeling well and asked to go home early. That was around 12:30. I got back to the house at 1 since my job at Bapoon isn't too far away."

"So, you got back to the house and what happened?"

"Well, I heard Jimin's voice and it sounded pretty panicked coming from upstairs. Since I already knew that Mr. Il had raped him before I rushed up the steps..."

***
"Thanks for testifying. You really helped a lot," my attorney says to Minjae and shakes his hand.

"Oh, no problem. So will this put Mr. Il behind bars?" Minjae ask and my eyes widen as my attorney's lips form into a tight smile.

"No, sadly not. We can't just go by witness accounts in this. We need photo evidence if possible to prove these things occured."

My eyebrows shoot up. "P-photo evidence?" An image of the scratches under my bed form in my mind. "There are marks under my bed from when he... you know."

"That could work. Unfortunately since you and Mr. Il have to stay a certain distance away from each other outside of the court room, someone else has to take the picture. Is there any other thing that could help?"

"Mr. Il keeps a small room hidden in the basement behind a whole bunch of boxes and old dressers." Minjae adds and the look my attorney gives us is priceless.

"I'll have someone go to Flowers of Hope and officially take the pictures. Thanks boys," and with a simple hand wave he's walking out the door.

***
"Hey."

"Yeah, what's up?" Yoongi asks as I stand by his door with an extra pillow.

"Um, can I sleep with you tonight? I, uh, had a bad dream again." I whisper the last part as Yoongi motions for me to enter the room.

"I told you that you didn't have to ask." Yoongi says as he scoots to the side on his bed. He barely looks up from his laptop, but I nod my head anyways and scurry towards him.

I slip into the sheets next to him and watch silently as he surfs the web. As my eyes grow heavy, I find myself sinking into the bed next to him and curling into his side as he types. "You're really warm." I whisper against his side and earn a side smile.

"You're really squishy." He teases as he pinches my cheeks.

"Thanks to Jin's lunch boxes I'm always full." I laugh and push his hand away before yawning. "It's hard to not get chubby with him cooking for me."

"I like your cheeks." He mumbles. "So what was your nightmare this time?"

At his question my smile slowly slides off my face. "Oh...just the room again and that dark shadow following me. I tried to fall asleep again but I guess it's just easier to do when you're next to me..."

Yoongi sighs and puts his laptop on his night stand before clicking off the lamp. "You should tell your therapist about your nightmare." He whispers as he pulls me close and drapes his arm around my waist. "But, I do love having you as my own personal pillow."

I blush at his words but don't pull away as he tucks me closer. "Yoongi...you're a really good person."

"Thanks, sweet dreams."

"Hopefully with a lot of sugar." I add since it's become our routine. He would say that line and I would finish it.

...I hope I dream of Yoongi...

***

I smile at our hands entwined together and Yoongi's peaceful face. I know it's creepy, but just staring at his face is comforting. The way it has no frown lines when sleeping and no traces of worry.

I pull away slightly as he stirs in his sleep. "Good morning." I whisper as his eyes flutter open.

He stretches and rubs his eyes. "God, It's morning."

I stifle a laugh and lean against my pillow. "Yeah, it is." He frowns at my answer and moves to leave the bed but our right hands are still entwined together.

"I guess you don't want me to get out of bed yet?" He questions with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope." I grin and pull his hand towards my heart. "Lets cuddle more."

"If you continue this you're gonna have to be my boyfriend." He says and I instantly flat line.

"Uh..." He raises his hand in protest.

"Or not. I don't mind."

I bite my lip.

We need to find our own happiness

...Now's not the time.

A/N Yay an update! Hope you all enjoyed. Update on my life! I started college this week and who ever said college is pointless and unnecessary is lying. I've only been here a week and there are so many connections a person can make and so much experience someone can gain. To be honest, there's sooo much walking from one side of campus to the next that it feels like death, but if the best dining hall is a 10 minute walk best believe I'm walking for that food! Also, my korean teacher played BTS dope today in class and we all went wild. It was a sight to see! The friends I made so far are lit and we watch kdramas together. Long story short I'm living the college life and it's AMAZING!

Until next time my Burritos, deuces!