This is a Foster Home?

Jin pov

The whole time Jimin and I sat in the back seat of the social worker's car, we held hands. This would be the last time we will see each other until Monday and I don't know if I'll be able to survive until then. It's been a year since Jimin hasn't been in the same place as me and I am not ready for that again.

When the car stops my hold on Jimin tightens. "It's time to get out." She says while turning the engine off. She parked on the curb so we have to walk up the drive way. I stare at the brick house in the distance and grimace.  "Come on now, I still have to drop your brother off before it gets dark." she says through the open window. 

I roll my eyes and face Jimin. "Remember, no matter how far apart we are or where I am. I'm always with you here." I put my hand on his heart and offer him a warm smile. " I love you." I croak, feeling myself breaking in front of him. I really don't want to cry.

Jimin parts his mouth to speak when the social worker knocks on the glass. "I love you too and you remember that we will see each other at school and that I can take care of myself." I nod my head and close my eyes. 

"I'll miss you." I whisper. 

"I'll miss you too. Now go." Jimin pushes me towards the door and motions for me to leave.

I slide out of the seat and follow the social worker up the drive way, but not before giving Jimin one final wave goodbye. I play with my fingers as she knocks on the door a few times before tapping her heels. The sound of feet shuffling can be heard from the other side of the door and I straighten my shoulders when the door flies open.

"Welco- Jin?" My mouth drops open. It can't be.

"Namjoon?"

                                                                                        ***

Jimin pov

I cry silently in the car as I wait for the social worker to return. It feels like a piece of me is missing. Not only that, but returning to that place has me on edge. Everything that I'm trying so hard to erase is slowly making it's way to the surface and I can't breath. Suddenly, the walls of the car are closing in on me. I gasp for air and clutch my throat in an attempt to open my airways.

Eventually, I end up sticking my head out the window and sucking in gulps of air through my mouth and wiping the sweat from my forehead. That is until the driver's side door opens and I sit back in my seat. "Buckle up. We're headed to Flowers of Hope."

I put my seat belt around me and count the seconds that tick by to distract myself from the coming fate I know is in store for me. When we pull up to the large house with a white fence surrounding it, I say a quick prayer before opening my car door.

Please, let this time be different...better. 

My feet drag across the ground as we walk to the front gate. It only takes a few seconds for someone to answer the door. Mr. Il opens the door with a bright smile plastered onto his face and ushers us into the house.

I look around and see little children playing with toys in the living room and teens sitting on the staircase chatting with each other. Maybe...it's not as bad as before. Maybe, I don't have to worry.

"How have you been Jimin? When I heard you needed a place to stay, I didn't hesitate to offer my services." Mr.Il mentions and I force myself to smile. I'm not surprised.

The social worker clears her throat to get my attention. "I will be dropping your belongings off tomorrow afternoon. Have a good night." She bows towards Mr.Il before leaving and I almost want to yell for her to stay before I hear the door click.

"I'll show you to your room." Mr.Il walks up the staircase and I tense when I notice all the teens that were sitting there shift to the very edge of the steps as he passes. They eye us as we ascend the steps and I swallow the saliva in my mouth. 

I enter a very familiar room...my old room from when I used to stay here. Nothing has changed even the scratches on the floor from the legs of the bed. Everything is still the same. That's what I was scared of. I feel cold hands slip around my waist and a wet tongue crawl up my neck.

"You were always my favorite. I've missed you." Mr.Il purrs into my ear, making the hairs on the back of my neck spike. "Did you miss me?"

No... "Y-yes." I have to say this...do this or else.

"I knew you couldn't wait to get back to me." His fingers rub my stomach over my shirt and he bites my ear. "I can't wait to see how much you missed me later tonight."

"What's going on here?" A deep voice questions from behind us. Mr.Il releases me and glares at the person in the doorway. My eyes instantly light up from the figure in front of me.

"Minjae." I stutter, shocked to see my old friend again. I run over to him and hold him tight. "I'm so glad you're here." I whisper.

"Of course, I just got home from working the morning shift at my part time job." He says as he ruffles my hair. I stare at him in amazement.

"You got a job?"

He grins showing off his pearly whites. "Yup, I work at this restaurant on the strip." 

I'm too absorbed in the conversation that I almost forgot about Mr.Il still being in the room.

"Minjae, don't you have chores to do?"

"Finished them before I left." He responds smugly. Mr.Il narrows his eyes and pushes past the both of us and walks down the stairs.

"Thank you." I breathe out, while Minjae closes the room door.

"Don't thank me. Why are you back here?" He says sharply and I shrink back.

"It's a long story." I whisper while fiddling with my bed sheets.

"We have a little time before dinner." He replies and I shrug.

"My foster father...beat my foster mother to a pulp and now I'm stuck here again." I answer and wipe away a stray tear that slides down my cheek.

Minjae pulls me into his arms and strokes my back. "Don't worry. I won't let him do anything." 

I know he wants to believe his words as much as I want too, but we both know he won't be here 24/7. It's impossible.

"Here, lay down for a bit." He pulls me under the covers and wraps me in the blankets until I'm completely covered. "I'll wake you when dinners ready." I nod my head slowly as my heavy eyes close. This will probably be the only time I fall asleep in this house.

A/N Oh no, I did the unthinkable. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to- let me not even finish that statement. I meant it...matter of a fact I planned it. Also, if you don't know who Minjae is he was with Taehyung in that episode of Celebrity Bromance. I loved him so much, I decided to add him to the story. I mean why not. He is just so beautiful, I couldn't help it. Until next time, Deuces.