Weekend Files

Jin pov

I stare at the intimidating metal double doors. Once I open these doors I won't be able to turn back. I stare at Jimin who's standing next to me with hard set eyes. He takes the first step forward and pulls the doors open with all his might. I let the doors slam behind him as I continue to let fear take over.

Then, I feel Namjoon place a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Jin, it's time."

I gulp and nod my head. "Lets go in."

***

(Earlier that day)

It's saturday morning and the sun is yet again covered by dark clouds. The trees are bare and their bark chips away from the relenting wind that moves through the buildings and erratic weather. I sit at the dining room table as I eat my bowl of cereal because I didn't have the energy to make anything else.

I chew away at the Honey Bunches of Oats and drink down the milk as I tap my foot against the sink anxiously. Today is the day. After Namjoon and I got home yesterday, we had his parents call the agency and ask them if I could see my file. They were of course unrelenting about it, but eventually they gave in and now I can see the truth for myself.

There's just one more thing I have to do before I go. I have to bring Jimin. I rub my sweaty hands on my jeans as my nerves start to set in. How will he react when I show up on his doorsteps? Will he let me invite him before chasing me away?

"Jinnie! Why do you look like a potato?" I turn to face Yoona who is grinning from ear to ear. She has a back pack on and a packed lunch with her.

"I didn't want to tell you this but, I guess I can't hold it back anymore." I lean in close as she gets on her tippy toes to reach my head. I whisper in her ear, "Namjoon has a secret plot to turn all of us into potatoes and eat us."

She jumps back and starts to panic. "B-but I don't want to be a potato." Tears begin to well up in her eyes and I start to think maybe I took it a little too far.

I get out my seat and hug Yoona to calm her down when I see Namjoon walking towards us. "Now, what did you do?" At the sound of his voice Yoona rips herself away from my arms and runs past Namjoon.

"I don't want to be eaten!" Namjoon raises his eyebrows and I play innocent.

"So all the kids are leaving to see their relatives?"

"Pretty much...well except Eunyoo because you know..." I nod my head as I place my bowl in the sink. "But, my parents are taking him out later so he doesn't feel so alone."

"That's nice of them."

"Yeah, so are you ready?" I shake my head and run past Namjoon who raises an eyebrow at me. I make my way up the stairs and to the bathroom. Namjoon follows me and laughs when he sees me picking up the toothpaste.

"What? Fresh breath is priority."

"Somehow, I think you're stalling." I roll my eyes and brush my teeth for a good two minutes before wiping my face and following Namjoon downstairs.

Okay, there's no going back now.
***
We knock on Yoongi's door multiple times until we hear foot steps coming. I'm face to face with Jimin when he opens the door and he immediately glares at me. "What do you want?" He spits.

I rub my arm timidly and bite my lip. He's about to close the door but I finally choke out, "I'm going to read our file today. If you want to come then-"

"Give me a second." He closes the door and I can hear him shuffling around with his shoes and then another voice appears. It's sounds like Yoongi's.

Jimin pov

I'm sitting by the front door lacing up my shoes when Yoongi walks towards me. "Where are you going?"

I wrestle with my shoe laces as I answer with, "I'm going to find out the truth." Yoongi sits beside me and moves my hand away from my shoes as I'm obviously having a hard time.

He begins to lace them up as tears begin to cloud my eyes. "I really don't want it to be true, Yoongi." He looks up at me and studies my face.

"I know you don't, but even if it is you have to see it for yourself." He finishes lacing my shoes and pulls me up. "After you clear things up here we can move on to other matters. Like how I'm going to bury Flowers of Hope alive." I stare at Yoongi wide eyed at his declaration.

"Y-yoongi, how are you-"

"Don't worry about that now. Go read the files and we'll talk later." He gives me an unexpected kiss on the forehead and I try my hardest not to pull myself away. I close my eyes and remember he's not the one I should be scared of...

I wipe my eyes and hug Yoongi. "Thank you." I pull away before opening the door. "I'm ready." I walk past Jin and Namjoon and head straight to the car. I wait impatiently by the back door and get in immediately when Namjoon unlocks it.

When they're both settled in, Namjoon reminds us to buckle up and I sigh before doing so. I notice Jin fidgeting in the front seat as his eyes wonder all over the place. Namjoon must notice too as he holds his hand and starts to rub small circles around it. I want to smile at how cute they are, but my body won't let me. Not until I know for sure.

I turn my head to look out the window and concentrate on something else. I should have brought Yoongi with me.

***
We pull up to the establishment that could pass for a normal looking office building. From the outside it seems to only have one floor and is built with red brick. The metal doors face us, but I'm not fazed by how uninviting they look because I know what's on the other side. I pull the doors open and make my way inside.

I pass multiple cooridors until I read a sign that says directors office. I walk the next couple of steps it takes to reach the door before stopping. Namjoon and Jin are right behind me as I slowly lift my hand to knock. I let my knuckles hit the door three times before a man's voice tells us to enter.

When we come inside the man eyes us before asking us to tell him who we are. "We called yesterday on the phone because we wanted to read our foster care files."

The man narrows his eyes before walking over to a file cabinet. "Oh yes, the Parks. You wanted to fill in some gaps I assume?"

We both nod our heads as he shuffles through a lot of manilla folders. He finally stops at one and turns towards us. "Here it is." Jin reaches out to take it, but I'm faster.

The man gives us a questioning look before saying, "I'm going to step out for a bit and give you all some privacy. There are cameras in here so don't try any funny business." I nod my head as he exits.

I turn to the first page and begin to read...

A/N cliffhanger! Aw, I know so sad right? How could I do that to you guys? Well, you'll just have to wait for the next chapter to find out if Jin is innocent or guilty... Anyways, until next time my Burritos, deuces!!!!