Court Hearing

Jimin pov

8:00 am

...

Grey and black suits

...

Brief cases

...

Stuffy faces

...

They know.

...

Everyone will know now.

...

How dirty I am.

...

How messed up my life is.

...

I hunch over in the back seat of Mr. Min's car as I gasp for air and squeeze my burning eyes shut.

...

Is he already inside?

...

Is he waiting for me?

...

Will he be near me during the trial?

...

How long will this last-

"Jimin, breath. In and out." Yoongi rubs my back as I suck in air through my teeth. "I will be in the same room as you."

"But, not next to me?" I lean up and see Yoongi frown.

"No, but if you feel uneasy just look back at me okay?"

I rub my eyes and nod my head. Mr. Min clears his throat. "It's time to go in. Jimin- uh..." He presses his lips together as he sorts out his thoughts. "I think of you like I do my son. You're a really special kid you know that? I guess what I'm trying to say is... everything will go well today. Trust me."

He pats my knee and unlocks the doors. "Thank you Mr. Min." I exit the car with them and walk up the path to the front steps of the building.

Is Jin inside?

I haven't seen him all week... I know it's my fault, but he scared the crap out of me on Monday. The way he lost it. I hate to admit it, but... I feel uneasy around him.

Even though I know that he would never hurt me...

When I enter the building the cold air conditioning hits me in waves. Everything becomes more real. I am really about to be in court.

"Ready?" Yoongi ask as he pushes the doors open to the court hearing room.

"Y-yeah."

***
"In this document it says that you are pressing charges against Mr.Il for counts of rape, and assault against the children of Flowers of Hope and on top of that an attempted murder against Jimin last Monday?" The Judge says as he looks at my lawyer. I try not to focus on his intimidating face and settle for the receding hair line he has.

"Yes, we would also like to put a restraining order on Mr. Il for when he is outside of the court room. This is to ensure he cannot get within reach of Jimin." The judge nods his head at his words.

"And what does the defendant's side have to say?" Mr. Il's attorney, a man in his mid 40's, stands and clears his throat to speak.

"The defendant pleads innocent on raping Jimin and harming any other child at Flowers of Hope. However, will not deny the attack on Jimin at the school. We would like to have a full trial." My eyes widen. He didn't plead guilty.

The judge's eyebrows crease as he scans Mr. Il up and down. "If you don't plead guilty now you could face life in prison. If you plead guilty you could get a smaller sentence."

I force myself to look at Mr. Il as I crane my neck in his direction. The resolve is written all over his slightly bruised face. He's really not-

He's not going to tell the truth. He knows he-

I snap my head to the spectators behind me and lock eyes with Yoongi. My terror is written all across my face as I struggle to digest all this information. Yoongi has an uneasy look as well and I want so badly to just run towards him so he can comfort me, but I'm glued to my seat.

"We will have our first official trial in 2 weeks on March 3rd. In the mean time I want Jimin to attend a daily therapy session after school."

My eyes almost bulge out of my head. Did he say therapy? I-I don't need therapy. I need Mr. Il as far away from me as possible, now!

I need this to end!

"Court ajourned." As soon as we're dismissed I push past everybody and run out the doors until I'm on the steps of the building that just screwed me over.

I hunch over and grip my knees as I dry heave. My eyes burn from the bile that won't come up and when I feel a tap on my shoulder, I jerk away.

"Jin-"

"Here." He tries to hand me a bottle of water but I push it away. "You need to drink something."

"No, I need to get out of here and I didn't want to see you yet." I mumble the last part, but I know he heard from the sadness that crosses his face.

"Why not?"

I sigh and push my hands into my pockets. " You lost it Jin. You could have killed him..."

"D-do you think I would do that to you? Jimin, are you scared of me too?" At my silence Jin freezes. "I would never hurt you. Ever. I mean that. I just got so angry when I saw him strangling you. I'm sorry. I promise I will never harm anyone again." Jin then pulls me into his arms and hugs me tightly.

"Jin..." My whole body feels numb. When did we grow so far apart? When did I stop trusting Jin? Wasn't he always my protector? Didn't I stick by him the most? "I-I'm sorry. I know you won't."

Jin pulls away and stares into my hollow eyes. "Jimin, I know today didn't go the way you wanted, but it'll work out in the end."

I give him a weak smile before everyone else walks over. I barely noticed them in the court room since I was too worked up. "Hey..."

"Hey." Taehyung greets and pulls me into a hug. "Talk to me anytime you want," He whispers before pulling away.

"Thanks."

"Missed you at the talent show. I recorded Hoseok's performance for you to see." Minjae says trying to get my mind on something else.

"Cool, I'll watch it later."

" Will you be at school tomorrow?" Namjoon ask the question everyone's been wanting to ask, but couldn't.

My mind goes fuzy at the mention of school. Is it safe? "I'll see in the morning." He nods his head and walks towards Jin.

"Hang in there." Hoseok says and I nod my head yet again and bite the inside of my cheek.

When I see Mr. Min coming out of the building, I hatch my escape plan. "Yoongi, I think your dad's ready to leave. Can we go?"

Yoongi sighs but doesn't call me out on my ditch attempt. "Yeah, let's get going. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

I wave bye and leave with the two of them.

Why are things getting worse instead of better?

A/N another update! Yay! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Oh my goodness! Jimin in therapy. How's that going to go? Tell me what you think might happen in later chapters whether it concern the courtroom, therapy or the relationships happening. Take a guess. Don't forget to vote, comment, share and add to your reading list. Until next time, Deuces!!!