Wilting Flowers

Jin pov

"Mr. Kim...I need your help." I say as he pulls something out the fridge.

"Did you want a follow up on your files?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, it's about my brother...you see..." Mr. Kim's eyes turn into saucers as I recount everything that's happened to my brother and I and what Mr. Il has been doing to him.

"We have to get Jimin out of that house. Where is he now?" He inquires as he puts his food on the table and places his hands on his hips. "Is he there now?"

"No, he's been staying at a friends house." I exhale deeply before continuing. "But, I need your help to file a lawsuit against Mr. Il for rape and for what ever else goes on in that house."

Mr. Kim rubs his eyes and leans against the kitchen counter. "Court cases can be really drawn out. I can just request for him to stay with us."

"But...what about the other children that have to stay there? The ones that don't have someone that can request to leave? Do we just turn a blind eye?"

Mr. Kim's mouth twist to the side as he considers my words. "Let me think about it okay? I need to discuss this with my wife." When he sees the disapointment on my face he back tracks. "This isn't a no...we just need to evaluate the situation."

"Okay..."

"Hey, why don't you hang out with Namjoon today. He's been stuck in his room since last night. I've been meaning to ask why did you sleep in Eunyoo's room? We moved you to Namjoon's room so you wouldn't have to worry about a child."

I wave my hands in front of my face as it heats up. "Oh, well...it's a long story. I don't think you'll want to hear it."

Mr. Kim laughs lightly as he offers a seat at the counter. "Try me." I sigh and sit down.

"When did you know that you loved your wife..." I ask as I play with my fingers. Mr. Kim's eyes widen as he looks towards the staircase.

"Is-is this a thing? Are you-" I turn away as my nose starts to blush. "My son said he loved you didn't he?"

I nod my head and feel my palms get sweaty. "He might have mentioned it..."

"Do you love him?" I meet his gaze and shrug my shoulders.

"I don't even know how to love someone romantically. How can I just give someone my heart like that when something could happen to them and I'm-" I cut myself off, not willing to continue the sentence.

"You're thinking too hard. Love is something you can't just choose to close off. No matter how hard you try to fight it, it will find a way to creep through." He presses his fingers to my chest right when Namjoon enters the room.

He walks right past me and towards the fridge. I bite my lip nervously as he pulls out an apple. Mr.Kim pats me on the back before leaving the two of us alone and I secretly want to follow him out, but I force myself to stay.

Namjoon bites into the apple and looks on his phone to distract himself from my presence. "...Joonie." He tenses at the nickname he gave me, but continues to look at his phone screen even though it's black. "I don't like this silent treatment."

He puts his phone down and straightens in his seat. "I don't like rejection." I feel like crawling under a rock. He sighs. "What do you need?"

"Even though I'm not ready to say I love you yet...that doesn't mean that I want to break up." I whisper the last part as I feel myself weaken from having to put myself on the spot.

Namjoon stares at my crumbling form and stands up from his chair. "Jin, you mean a lot to me, but...I don't want to be in a relationship with someone that can't be honest about his feelings." I feel my heart shatter and Namjoon avert his eyes from me as one tear slips. "I'm sorry." He whispers before exiting the room.

"Me too." I mumble as I hold my chest tightly.

***

Mr. Kim summons everyone for a "family meeting". Of course, it's only Mrs. Kim, Namjoon and I since everyone is out and Eunyoo is playing video games in the game room.

"I called everyone here to discuss a very important issue. I already told my wife about your situation and...I think it would be wrong of us to let everything go without having Mr. Il face some criminal charges."

I feel a smile creep onto my face as I wait for him to continue. My one mistake is letting my gaze travel to Namjoon's. Our eyes meet for a moment and I can sense all of his pain and mine mixing together...and it pisses me off.

Why do we have to break up? What happened to the Namjoon that fought for me? The one that wouldn't stop with the corny pick up lines until he got me? Where's that Namjoon?

"Jin?"

Where's the Namjoon that-

"Jin, are you crying?" I look up at everyone's worried faces. Mrs. Kim is standing up now and walking over to me.

"Is it about your brother? Don't worry hun. We'll make sure that man doesn't see the light of day." I nod my head slowly because I don't want them to know that I'm crying because of a stupid broken heart, but Mr.Kim has other plans.

"Why don't we leave these two alone." Mr. Kim says, making Mrs. Kim raise her eyebrows but she abliges and exits the room with Mr. Kim. Namjoon stands up and starts heading towards the door too and I panic.

With all the life I have left in me I run towards him and grab his hand. "Please don't leave me." I whisper as I feel Namjoon's hand shaking in mine. I turn him around and let him see how torn up I am.

I let him see my tears...

My crimson face...

My vulnerable side.

"Namjoon...what happened to never letting me go?" I mumble and step closer to him while he takes a step back. "What happened to wanting to be my boyfriend so bad you were willing to stop calling me nicknames?"

"Jin." I wipe my tears from my face and sniffle.

"Huh? What the hell happened? I-I want to be called princess and what ever other nickname you can come up with. I want to be able to hold you." I push back a whimper as I hug him tightly. "And I want to be able to call you my boyfriend... even if I can't say that I love you yet."

"Jin, please. You're not making this easy." Namjoon says and that's when I notice how broken he is too. How much I hurt him.

"I'm sorry that I can't say it yet. It's just hard for me too, but that doesn't mean that you aren't special to me. I-I think after Jimin and my parents...you're who I care about the most."

I feel Namjoon's breath fan my ear as he takes in my words. I feel his hands wrap around my body and hold me close. I sink into his arms and find myself smiling at how just a hug from him can make my day feel brighter.

I squeeze my eyes shut as Namjoon speaks. "I can wait. I know how hard it is for you to give your heart away." I wipe the tears from my eyes and pull away so I can really look at him. "But, I won't stop saying that I love you."

My face heats up, but I nod my head timidly. "Okay."

"I love you."

"I like you a lot..." Namjoon chuckles at my reply and pulls me in for another hug.

"I know you do."

A/N Oh the drama. Sorry for such a late update. I wanted to make this chapter perfect. That is basically the only reason I can give you to be honest. Well, I hope you all enjoyed and continue to read this madness. Until next time my faithful Burritos, deuces!