Smiling Faces

Jin pov

We pull up to Namjoon's house and exit the car. It's already dark out and the wind is freezing so I waste no time running to his front steps. I jog in place as I wait for him to open the door. "Hurry, I'm going to get frostbite at this rate."

Namjoon chuckles at my impatience and unlocks the door. I slip through the barely open door and end up slamming into a small kids body. "Sorry." I apologize as a little boy smiles up at me showing off his missing teeth.

"No problem! Namjoonie, you're back!" He yells at the top of his lungs and throws himself into his arms. Namjoon laughs and picks him up.

"Hey, Hansoo. I missed you. How is your grandmother doing?" Namjoon asks as he puts him down.

"Good, but she doesn't move much. She read me a few stories though." Hansoo gushes. "You want to know something funny?"

"What?" Namjoon asks lowering himself to his level. Hansoo cups his hands by Namjoon's ear and tries to whisper. "My grandma's farts smell like peanut butter and spaghetti."

I smile at his innocence right when two more children come running down the steps. One girl with pig tails and another with straight bangs scream as they hop off the final step. "Give it back!" The girl with the straight bangs demands.

The other girl just laughs as she hides behind Namjoon. "No!"

The girl with straight bangs begins to sniffle and then the water works appear, turning her face red. Namjoon raises his eyebrows and lifts the girl and holds her on his hip. "Don't cry Suni. I'm sure Yoona will gladly give back what ever she took. Isn't that right Yoona?"

Yoona puffs up her cheeks and folds her hands. "No, finders keepers losers weepers. Haha!" She argues and Namjoon rolls his eyes at her being difficult.

"What did she take Suni?" Namjoon inquires while whipping her tears.

"She took my mothers locket. I promised to keep it safe until I see her again." Suni says, but her words are muffled as she buries her head in Namjoon's shirt.

Namjoon sighs and motions for my help. " Can you hold her for a minute." I nod my head hesitantly and reach my hands out. "This is your new foster brother. He's really nice and is going to take care of you okay?" Suni sniffles and hugs her arms around my neck.

"Now, I'm only going to ask you this one time or else you're going to lose your TV privileges. May you please give Suni her mother's locket?" Namjoon directs to Yoona as he holds out his hands. She puffs out her already chubby cheeks, but drops the small necklace into his hands. "Thank you. Now, apologize."

"...."

"Yoona."

Her eyes start to water from being scolded and she finally caves. "I'm sorry, okay!" She yells before running up the steps in a hurry. Just when I think I can finally relax, Eunyoo comes out of the kitchen with a sandwich in hand.

"Jinyou'rehere!" He beams as he runs into my arms and I stumble backwards as I hold the now sleeping Suni in my arms.

"No fair, you got a sandwich. I want one." Hansoo pouts and Namjoon sighs.

"I'll make you a sandwich in a minute. Go wash your hands." Hansoo smiles brightly before running off.

Eunyoo swallows the remaining food in his mouth and grins as he says, "I have a new game I invented that I want you to play."

"Oh really sounds like fun." I say as I pinch his cheek. "How about after I get settled down?"

"That's fine, but don't take too long. I have to go to sleep by nine." He informs before running up the steps.

"Wait, where's Woohyun?" Namjoon asks, making Eunyoo stop half way up the steps.

"He's been sitting on the toilet for 10 minutes now because he can't pass a hot one!" He screams before running up the rest of the steps.

I can't help the laugh that bubbles up in my throat, but I quickly cover my mouth so I don't wake Suni. "Sorry, it's just-" I laugh. "They're so full of energy so late at night."

Namjoon rubs his eyes and nods his head, "Yes a little too much energy if you ask me. Lets go put our stuff down."

"Okay." We slowly walk up the stairs and go to Suni's room so I can place her in her bed. Then, we enter Namjoon's room that has two beds in it. My bed is on the left side of the room while Namjoon's is on the right. Only a window separates us and a dresser in between.

I place my backpack by my bed and flop onto it. I feel ten times more exhausted after dealing with so many kids at once. "So I guess those are the other children that live here?"

Namjoon sits on his bed. "Yeah, they were gone over the weekend visiting some relatives."

I scrunch up my face. "If they have relatives that are alive to see them, why don't they just live with them?"

"They might be alive, but that doesn't mean that they have the means or mental capacity to care for them for more than a few days or maybe even a couple of hours at a time." Namjoon answers honestly.

I grunt in response from the disappointing answer. "It must suck to have relatives, but still have to be in the foster care system." I roll over in the bed and face the ceiling. "If I had any relatives to go to I would have left with Jimin already."

Namjoon replies with, "If you don't mind me asking...how did you become an orphan anyways?"

My chest feels heavy from the question and I close my eyes. "I-It's complicated." I answer and Namjoon sighs deeply.

"Nevermind, lets not think about that." He mumbles as he looks at the side of my face and I sigh.

"Namjoon...I want to apologize for my actions. For all of them. I've been pushing away your kindness and I know it's wrong. Will you forgive me?" I cover my face with my hands out of embarrassment and wait for him to answer.

I hear his bed creak as he gets up and sits on my bed. He slowly moves my hands from my face and smiles his signature smile show casing those heart stopping dimples.

"I would forgive you as many times as you need it." His eyes bore into mine and I turn away from the intensity.

"Um, you can let go now..." I say awkwardly since he's still holding my hands.

"Jin, just forget everything for a moment." I scrunch my eyebrows at him in confusion. "Forget that you're an orphan. Forget that you're separated from Jimin. Forget any emotional burdens you have. How do you really feel about me?"

I let out a shaky breath and let myself relax against the bed comforter. Forget everything...

I close my eyes and imagine a world where it is just me and no one else. Where I have a happy life and no cares in the world. "I- I like you a lot." I admit.

Suddenly, I feel Namjoon's fingers trace the side of my cheek before cupping it. "I like you a lot too." He breathes before kissing my lips softly.

I slowly wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He deepens the kiss and soon enough his body is on top of mine. Our legs are tangled together on my bed when he bites my lips and makes me moan loudly.

My face instantly heats up and I barely have time to react as he slips his tongue into my mouth. All I can think about is how much I want him.

I really want him.

A/N awww Jinnie you finally gave in. How beautiful I think I might cry. Let me know what you thought of this chapter my Burritos. Don't be scared to write your passionate feelings down into the comment sections and don't forget to vote. Until next time, Deuces!