1

It's so cold. I can see my breath. I huddled into my sweater to keep warm, but it didn't work. With frozen fingers I wiped the tear tracks from my cheeks and sighed shakily. This was the worst fight yet.

I went to my hiding place. At the top of Mt. Ebott, there was a small shack next to the opening of the mountain. That's where I went whenever something happened between my parents and I.

The climb was always terrible, but it's worth it once you get to the top. The view from the shack is amazing. I usually stay there all night. I stay to watch the sunrise and then I make the terrible trip back down, preparing myself for another beating.

Sighing, I settled onto the ground in the shack and sat near the doorway, looking at the stars. I pointed out the Big Dipper, the Little Dipper, Orion's Belt, and many more. I tried to stay awake, but I could feel my eyelids drooping. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

I woke up with a stiff neck and a growling stomach. Stretching, I stood up and walked out of the tiny shack. I took a look down the mountain and could see my house. It looked so small from up here. Everything looked so small from here. I looked around, thinking. Do I really want to go back to a house with no love? Do I really want to be accused and punished for things that I don't do?

No. I don't.

Huffing, I turned around and walked up to the edge of the entrance of the mountain and peered into it. I've endured sixteen years of abuse from the two people that should love me most. I don't want this anymore. I don't want to live anymore.

This is it for Skylar May.  

~~Yay!  Another story.  Hopefully I'll update this every week unlike OSS.  Every Thursday.