9

"SANS! PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed.

"Never!" he said back, hoisting me higher on his shoulder.

"Sans! Oh my god!"

Sans switched me from over his shoulder into his arms, one hooked under my legs and the other holding my back. He smiled down at me, "geeettttttt dunked on!!!" He threw me onto his bed and jumped on top of me.

I was in a fit of giggles as he put me on my back and held my wrists down with his hands. He was being gentle, very gentle. I wasn't used to it. I looked up at him and lifted my head to give him a kiss. He blushed blue and smiled down at me. He laid down on top of me and rested his head on my chest. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Listening to your heartbeat," he said, closing his eyes.

"Why?"

I could feel him shrug. I leaned my head against the pillow behind me and put my hand on his, tangling our fingers together. "It just interests me."

I smiled and closed my eyes as well, relaxing. Eventually, I fell asleep.

I woke up with a heavy weight on top of me. Grunting, I tried to move but couldn't. I sighed and looked down, seeing Sans on top of me, fast asleep. I looked outside, wondering if it was day or night. It's always hard to tell down here. I lifted my hand, the only thing I could move, and placed it on his back, or spine I guess, and stroked it with my thumb. Sans sighed deeply and put a little more weight on me.

Smiling, I laid my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. When I was almost asleep, I felt Sans stiffen. He made a noise, almost as if he was scared. I lifted my head again and looked at Sans. He was still asleep, and one of his eyes was glowing a faint blue.

"Sans?" I said, rubbing his back again, trying to wake him up.

He made another noise, a little louder this time, and his hand gripped the blanket beside me. His eye glowed brighter. A blue tear slipped out from one of his eyes.

"Sans! C'mon, wake up," I shook him.

Sans started crying and was mumbling, "no, no, Paps, no." He tightened his grip on the blanket and his eye was glowing brightly.

"Sans!" Sans wouldn't wake up, so I decided to do something else. "Papyrus!" I yelled loudly. "Papyrus! Sans needs you!"

It was silently for all of four seconds before Papyrus flung the door open and ran over to the bed. "IS HE OKAY?"

"I think he's having a nightmare. He keeps mumbling no and your name."

"BROTHER." Papyrus sat on the bed and grabbed Sans, pulling him into lap. "WAKE UP, SANS!"

Sans whimpered and clung to Papyrus, mumbling, "Paps, no, please don't leave."

"I'M HERE, BROTHER. I'M HERE. PLEASE WAKE UP."

Sans mumbled something else and then woke up. He looked around confused for a moment before looking up at Papyrus and crying. "Paps, don't leave. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you in time."

"IT'S ALRIGHT, BROTHER. I'M FINE, WE'RE OKAY."

Sans hugged Papyrus tight and didn't let go until he had calmed down. When his sobs had subsided, he moved his face from Papyrus' chest and smiled, wiping his eye sockets. "Sorry, Paps. Didn't mean to cry all over you."

"NO, SANS, IT'S OKAY." Papyrus looked at me, "I'M SORRY THIS HAPPENED."

"No, it's okay. I'm just glad he's okay."

Papyrus smiled at me, then looked down and stroked Sans' skull until he was asleep.

"Thank you, Papyrus. I wouldn't have known what to do," I said outside the room. Papyrus and I went into the hallway to talk, not wanting to disturb Sans.

"YOU'RE WELCOME, HUMAN. THIS IS SADLY A RECURRING THING."

"Well, I'll be sure to help however I can. Okay Paps, I'm dead on my feet. I'm gonna go back to sleep."

Papyrus groaned. "OH, NOT YOU TOO! SANS HAS RUINED YOU AS WELL!"

I giggled as I walked back into the room, waving to Papyrus and laying next to Sans. I gripped his hand as I fell asleep. We both slept the rest of the night.

I woke up to Sans stroking my hair. I opened one eye slightly and smiled sleepily at him. He chuckled and poked my cheek. "Wake up."

"No, 'm sleepin," I mumbled.

"Well, don't do that. I'm bored."

"Go bother Papyrus."

"Nooooo. He went to go mess with his puzzles."

"Go help him."

"Skylar, please. Entertain me."

I sighed and sat up, raising an eyebrow at the skeleton. "How?"

He smirked, "well, I could make a few requests. I have some costumes in my closet."

I glared at him, "kiss my ass."

"That's entertaining too."

I groaned, "nope, nope, too early for this. Going back to bed."

Sans laughed and laid on top of me, "nooo. Skylar, I was kidding."

"Shhhh, sleeping."

Sans sighed and got up, "fine. I'll go bother Paps."

I hummed and closed my eyes, falling asleep in moments.

"Are you finally awake?" Sans asked once I walked downstairs.

"Aren't you supposed to be bothering your brother?"

"He told me to scram, so I came here and now I'm watching TV."

I nodded and sat next to him, putting my legs over his lap. "I'm hungry."

He looked over at me, "well, I would get you something to eat, but I currently have your legs holding me captive."

I grinned and I moved my legs, "go along, peasant."

He smirked, and his eye turned a light hue of blue, "you wanna go?"

I smiled sweetly and batted my eyelashes, "could you please get me something to eat?"

"How could I ever say no to a face like that?" He went into the kitchen, banged some pots around for a few minutes, and came back with a plate of macaroni and cheese.

"Thanks. I thought the only thing you had in this house was spaghetti."

"Nah, I make some other stuff from time to time. I'm best at hotdogs though."

"I'm not very surprised." I took a bite of the food and hummed, "this is good."

"Thank you." He sat on the couch and put my legs over his lap again. After I finished eating, I put the plate on the floor and Sans and I watched TV for the rest of the day. 

~~ I think I'm doing pretty good with the updates on this one.  Better than my last story.