13

It was so cold I could see my breath. I was having such a déjà vu moment that I had to sit down for a minute. Eventually I stood up and continued walking down the snow covered trail. I eventually reached a bridge with bars too wide to stop anyone. I heard snow crunching underneath feet. A voice started talking about how you're supposed to turn around and greet a new pal. Before he could tell me to turn around and shake his hand, I turned around. We shook hands and a loud noise, like from a whoopee cushion sounded out.

"Huh, have you heard that joke before or something?" He shrugged and continued, "I'm Sans. Sans the skeleton." He wore a blue hoodie, black gym shorts, and faded pink slippers. He was a generic skeleton, but had white dots in his eye sockets and a large smile. He started talking about his brother, but I wasn't listening.

I felt like I knew him. Like, really knew him. I wasn't exactly sure how, but I felt as if he and I had some sort of connection.

"Um, kid, ya listenin'?" a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I zoned out for a bit. What were you saying?"

His eyes turned completely black and he cocked his head. "Wow kid. I really hope you're not like the others, because if you are, you're going to have a bad time."

I gulped and nodded my head. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something. I know you were talking about your brother, Papyrus, was it?"

His eyes turned back to normal. "Yeah, Paps. C'mon, I think you should meet him."

He lead me to another area and told me to hide behind a conveniently shaped lamp.

"SANS!" I could hear someone yell from somewhere.

"Yeah bro," Sans said, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"HAVE YOU SEEN A HUMAN YET? UNDYNE SAYS WE STILL NEED ON!" Papyrus ran to where Sans and I were standing. He was tall, skinny, and wore a red scarf with blue shorts, a white shirt, and red boots and gloves.

Sans looked at me, "yeah bro. Got one right here."

"What?" I hissed. "What are you doing?"

"WHAT?! YOU FOUND A HUMAN!" He looked surprised at his brother. "YOU ACTUALLY DID YOUR JOB?" Papyrus ran to me and grabbed my arm, but let it go once he took a look at my face. "DO I... KNOW YOU?"

Sans looked nervous and his eye sockets widened. "Nope, I don't think you know her. Not at all."

"OH. OKAY. COME ON, HUMAN! LET'S GO TO UNDYNE!"

"Um, I'm okay" I said, backing away. Somehow, I knew how this was going to end.

"NONSENSE, YOU'LL BE FINE. I BELIEVE SHE JUST WANTS TO TALK."

"When does Undyne ever want to 'just talk?'" I heard Sans grumble.

Papyrus grabbed my arm and dragged me away from where we were. I tried to tug my arm back and heard Sans say, "go easy on 'er, bro. You know humans, they're soft and squishy."

"Hey, could you let me go? Please? You're hurting me." Tears dripped from my eyes. I may seem like a cry baby, but you try having a skeleton have a tight grip on your wrist. I have bones digging into my bones!

"BROTHER! THE HUMAN IS FINE! I AM NOT HURTING THEM."

"Yes you are, bro. Just... stop for a second. They're crying."

Papyrus stopped walking and dropped my wrist. He gasped when he saw I was crying, "HUMAN! I AM SO SORRY, I DID NOT MEAN TO HURT YOU!"

"It's fine, " I said, sitting on the snow-covered ground. "You didn't mean to."

Sans sat next to me, "hey." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Are you alright? Lemme see your wrist."

"No, no, I'm fine."

"I SWEAR I'VE HAD THIS CONVERSATION BEFORE," Papyrus mumbled to himself.

Sans looked up, one of his eyes lightly colored blue. "Paps, this is the first time you've met her." But even he didn't seem like he believed it.

"BUT BROTHER, I REMEMBER HER. HER NAME IS SKYLAR, RIGHT?"

I looked up with wide eyes, "how do you know my name?"

"BECAUSE I'VE MEET YOU! WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS!"

"NO!" Sans yelled, standing up. His eye was full on blue, with little blue flames coming from it. "Paps, please. Could I talk to the human alone?"

Papyrus looked hesitant, "UM, SURE. I'LL BE... OVER THERE."

When Papyrus left, Sans looked at me very serious. One of his eye sockets was completely black, and the other had blue flames coming out of it. "I don't know what kind of game you think this is, but you better stop. Right. Now."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, raising my hands up.

"Yes you do. And to think I loved you. And you did this! You had to reset, didn't you?"

"What do you mean reset? I don't know what's going on."

"Yes you do! You're the one who reset, you had to be! You were the only one down here! And when I thought I could finally have that happy ending." Sans looked up and shook his head. It was silent for a minute before he looked back at me. "Not anymore. I'm tired of the resets." His hand then ignited in blue flames, and these... things came up behind them. They looked like dog skulls, but they were huge.

"S-Sans, please. I didn't do anything."

"That's what they all say. Kids like you should be burning in hell." The skulls behind him opened their jaws and a blue light lit up, almost as if they were charging their attack.

There was a giggle from the edge of the woods, and a little girl walked out. She was wearing a green and yellow striped shirt, and had very pink cheeks. Sans looked at her in surprise, and the skulls closed their jaws.

"No," he said, his eye dimming.

"Where have I heard that before? Honestly Sans, you're not very original."

"No, it can't be. You should be dead."

"Oh but I'm not." The girl came closer and stopped just a few feet from us.

"No, no no no no. You should be dead! I killed you!"

"But I reset."

Sans looked shocked, "you did this?"

The girl nodded.

Sans narrowed his eye sockets and his eye was flaming brighter than before. "I'll kill you."

"You've said that before too."

"I swear. I'll kill you."

The girl chuckled, "not before I kill you. Over, and over, and over. I've done it before, and I'll do it again." And she walked away.

"Goddammit, Chara! I'll kill you! And it'll be the last time, too!"