5

I woke up on a strange bed. The room had a sort of orangish glow to it. Sitting up, I rubbed the back of my head. I had a killer headache. Taking a deep breath, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood, almost falling on my face in the process. I was incredibly sore.

Sighing, I steadied myself and made my way outside the room. The door didn't squeak at all, which I was glad for. I could hear murmurs from another room, so I silently made my way over there.

"Oh my. So what are you going to do?" Toriel?

"I don't know, Tori. What can we do? I'm not going to force her to talk to us. If she doesn't want to, that's on her." Sans.

"Well, I know I'm not going to sit here and watch her die try to kill herself over and over. Not only is it bad for her physically, but also mentally." Undyne.

I made myself known then. I know they were doing this for my good, but I still didn't like being talked about.

"OH! HELLO HUMAN!" Papyrus said, standing up and coming over to me. "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"Yeah, thanks Papyrus," I said, smiling up at him.

"Hey, kid, sleep good?"

"Yep. I'm kind of hungry though. Hey Toriel, do you think you could make another pie? If it's no trouble."

"Oh! Of course, my child."

"Thank you."

"CAN I HELP, MISS?"

Toriel giggled, "of course, Papyrus. Undyne, do you want to help too?"

"Yeah! Come on, Papyrus!"

"YIPPEE!" Papyrus and Undyne followed Toriel into the kitchen, and then it was just Sans and I.

"So..." I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"So..." he said.

"I know you know why I'm down here."

"Huh?" He looked up at me, his expression crestfallen. "I was right?"

I sighed, "yeah. I'm sorry, it's not the best reason to come down here, I know. I just... I thought it would help."

"But it didn't."

I sighed again and shrugged. "I mean, I guess t did a little bit, but then I kept getting flashbacks and nightmares and I couldn't handle it."

"Is that why you asked what it was like to live down here? Because someone up there hurt you? You didn't want to go back."

"Yeah. My dad... He's a downright ass, but my mom on the other hand. I really didn't want to leave, and I didn't, but then he..." I trailed off.

"You can tell me."

My eyes filled with tears. I seem to be crying a lot lately. "He did something to my mom, made her leave. Now it's just him and I. And he kept... hitting me for absolutely nothing and I just... I couldn't. I wanted to end it all."

Sans looked at me sadly, got up from where he was sitting, and sat next to me. He hugged me and le me cry into his chest. "Shhhh, it's alright. He won't hurt you anymore. No one will, I won't let them."

We stayed like that for a little while longer, but then we could hear Papyrus and Undyne yelling the pie was done. I wiped my eyes and smiled at Sans. He smiled back. "C'mon, kid. Let's go get you somethin in that stomach of yours."

Sans held his hand out, and I took it. I saw his face flush slightly with blue, but ignored it. We made our way into the kitchen with our hands together.  

~~Ahh.