24

"Hello, my child. What a surprise, I was just about to go check to see if someone fell."

"No time for talk," I said, grabbing her hand. "Come on, we have to go."

"What?" she asked, her voice sounding slightly panicked.

"It's fine. I'll get you to safety."

"What are you talking about?"

I just sighed and continued dragging her to her house and to the exit of the Ruins. "What are we doing here?" she asked.

"Toriel," I said softly. "I'm trying to help. You have to trust me. I need you to open this door and come with me."

"But I can't leave the Ruins. My home is here, this is where I belong."

"But if you stay here too long you'll end up dead. I can't go through that again."

Toriel gasped and nodded. She opened the door and we made our way through it. "Come on, we have to find Sans."

"Sans? Who is Sans?"

"A friend. He'll know what to do." I tugged her along the way to where Sans usually is. I looked around but didn't spot him, "where is he? He's usually here." I looked around for another minute before I had an idea. "Let's go find Papyrus! He'll know where he is!"

As I led Toriel along, I heard her mumble, "what a strange child." It made me smile slightly as we reached the Skelebros house.

"Alright. This is their house. I'm gonna look around outside, you look inside." We parted and I started looking around outside. I walked all the way to where the Snowdinn is and then back to the beginning of Waterfall. Nothing. I sighed and trudged back to the house. "Anything?"

She shook her head. I sighed, "well, I have no idea where they are."

The door burst open and in walked Sans and Papyrus. "What the-"

"Sans!" I yelled, running up and hugging him tightly. "Oh my god, it worked."

"What worked? Did Chara reset?" I shook my head. "Then what happened?"

"I reset. I think."

His 'eyes' widened. "Really? You can reset?" I nodded. "Huh. Never would have thought. Well, I see you brought-"

"SANS!! WHY IS ASGORE HERE? AND WHY DID HE SHAVE HIS BEARD?"

Sans chuckled, "this isn't Asgore, Paps. This is Toriel, she was the queen."

"WHAT?" he yelled. "THE QUEEN? WOWIE, WE ARE TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE THE QUEEN IN OUR HOUSE!!"

"We sure are, Paps. Anyways, good idea on bringing her here, Sky."

"Well, someone has to be the smart one around here," I said, shrugging.

"Oh, hush. So, what do we have to do now?"

"Get Undyne I guess. Let's just bring everyone to one area, and if Chara happens to come and tries to fight us, she'll be so outnumbered that she'll lose."

"Chara?" Toriel asked. "Chara as in The-first-fallen-human Chara?"

"Yeah," Sans said.

"But she's dead. She died a long time ago, how could she have done anything? And why are you talking about her fighting and you killing her?" We could see Toriel getting slightly angrier by the minute.

"Tori, we have to tell you something."

Toriel crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"You see," he started. "Chara has the... ability, I guess you'd say, to reset everything."

"What does it mean to reset?"

"It's very difficult to explain. But, she can. Very few people can reset, myself and Sky included. So can Flowey."

"Flowey?"

"The golden flower that almost kills the fallen children in the beginning."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Anyways, Chara isn't nice. She's very, very, mean actually. She kills everyone. She calls it the Genocide Run, and everyone dies. You, me, Paps, everyone."

Toriel looked shocked, "there's no way she could do something like that."

"She does. Every time. She's not what you think she is, Tori. She's terrible. I can't even count how many times she's killed you!"

Toriel sighed, "just go on."

"Anyways, she can reset. She uses that to her advantage, but it's also the worst thing for her. You see, whenever she gets into the fight with me at the end, I kill her." Toriel gasped but Sans continued on. "A lot. And she resets each time before eventually she kills me." Papyrus gasped then. "But, by the time she's killed everyone, she gets bored, and she resets. And she either kills us all again, or waits for us to have our 'happy ending' before she resets again and goes into Genocide Run."

Toriel had to sit down with all the information Sans was giving her. I sat next to her and rubbed her arm. "But how? She was so sweet when I took care of her. Was it something I did?"

"No, no," I said before Sans could answer. "It's not you. It's Chara."

"Yeah," Sans said. "She was fine at first, but then the others fell. And you know how that went. And when Frisk fell, she went beserk. She was tired of watching people be nice so she kind of like possessed Frisk and made her start killing everyone. Now she resets back to when Frisk falls and kills everyone using her."

Toriel nodded slowly before taking in a long breath and letting it out slowly. "So, how do I help?"

Sans smiled, "thank you for trusting me. We start by stopping Chara."

"And how do we do that?" I asked.

Sans smiled darkly, his eye glowing slightly. "I have an idea."