44

A few hours later, when my HP was fully restored, Sans decided it was time to go above ground.

"SANS! ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING? I DON'T WANT YOU TO FORGET SOMETHING IMPORTANT!"

"Yeah, Paps, we got it. Thanks."

"And you're ready for whatever comes your way, right? Maybe I should go with you, talk battle strategies and all."

"No, Undyne, we're fine. Guys, it's okay. We've checked, double checked, and even triple checked everything. It's fine, we're ready."

"Um, Sans?" I asked, my voice small. "I don't know if I am."

"What? Why?"

I sighed, "it's just, what if something happens to you up there and I can't reset? I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt and I couldn't stop it."

Sans just chuckled and kissed the top of my head, "it'll be okay, Sky. I won't get hurt, it'll be like her attack will go right through me!"

I rolled my eyes, "wow. That was bad, even for you."

"What're you talking about? I thought that was a spine ass joke, tibia honest."

"Please, let's just get this over with."

Sans stopped smiling, "you're right. Alright, we'll be off. Undyne, take care of Papyrus for me, will you?"

"Of course. Be careful, and don't come back unless you've got Alphys with you!"

Sans looked at me and held his hand out. "You ready?"

I swallowed and grabbed his hand. "As I'll ever be."

"Then let's get this show on the road."

The light was blinding.