11

My hands were freezing. I had forgotten to grab something warm to wear, and was freezing my ass off. I had been sat in the middle of the woods for a while now, drawing in the snow and just thinking. Did I really want to go back? What happened with Sans to make him do that? Sighing, I stood up and dusted the snow off my pants and made my way back to Snowdin. But, I couldn't figure out how to get out the woods. I was lost. Great.

I wandered around for a long time, and it was so dark I couldn't see my hand when in front of me. I ran into more trees than I'd like to admit, and my ankle was killing me. The only advantage was the twinkling above me. Sans explained that since there were no stars, they had shiny rocks that twinkled like stars. It was almost an exact replica of the ones on the surface. I truly did feel bad for the monsters down here, they did nothing to deserve to come down here, but us humans are so selfish and insecure we fear things that are different. Which is why society tells everyone to act and look a certain way, humans fear the unknown.

I sat down on the ground and just looked at the 'stars.' I figured I was deeper into the forest than to begin with, but I knew I'd never find my way out in pitch black, so I decided to wait the night out. Eventually, I fell asleep.

"Skylar!" I heard a distant voice call my name. I opened my eyes and sat up. I was still in the woods, and it was lighter outside. "Sky! Where are you!" The voice was a little closer, and a lot more panicky. It got louder over time, and soon I could tell the voice was Sans'.

"Sans?" I called out. No reply. "Sans," I called louder. "Sans! Help!"

"Sky!" Sans' voice was close, and I could hear footsteps. "Sky! Oh my god!" He came into view and fell on his knees, hugging me tightly. "Oh god, you're alive! You're okay!" He had blue tears in his eyes, and he held my face in his hands. "Oh! You're freezing!" He took his hoodie off and put it on me. I'd forgotten how cold I was. I was used to the shivering.

"Thanks," I said through chattering teeth. Now that I was wearing something warm, I could really feel how cold I was. It's like my bones were icicles.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me the other night. I was so scared you were hurt, or worse." Blue tears were falling from his eye sockets now. "C'mon, let's get you home. I'll turn the heater up all the way, and get you all the blankets we have." Sans stood and helped me up, but I couldn't stand. My ankle hurt too much. "Oh! I completely forgot about your ankle. God, I'm so sorry." He picked me up and carried me all the way out the woods.

"Alright Sky, is there anything else you need?"

"No Sans, I'm fine. My nose is stuffy though."

"You're probably going to be sick. I'll visit Tori tomorrow and get you some stuff for that."

I nodded and sipped the soup Sans made for me. I was under a pile of blankets on Sans' bed and was still shivering. Sans sat next to me and kissed the side of my head, "I'm sorry."

"I'm fine, Sans. It's okay."

He sighed, "I know, but I just feel so bad about it. I don't know what got into me, but I scared you."

"Sans, I'm fine. I'm not holding it against you. I had time to think, and figured that something was upsetting you. Let it go."

Sans was silent for a moment before nodding. He rested his head on my shoulder and we stayed like that for a while. Sans then sat up and looked at me. He lifted my chin up with his bony fingers and smiled at me.

"What are you smilin-"

Sans cut me off by kissing me. I hummed in surprise and kissed back, my eyes closing. He pulled away a moment later and I smiled dreamily. "Wow."

Sans chuckled and moved the hair from my face. "Sky," he whispered. I hummed in reply. "I love you."

I opened my eyes and smiled, "I love you t-"

"RESET."

~~ Mwahaha.  

Don't hit me.